Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 20, 2018

God of War is a soft reboot on the franchise of the same name. It sees Kratos and his son Atreus traverse a world of Norse myths.

New Game Plus mode coming August 20th

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

That's according to Sony:

• Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
    • Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
    • Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
    • Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
    • Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.

I have still not gotten very far through this (I beat a dragon, though, and that was cool). I just haven't been turning my PS4 on very much this year (still need to beat the Horizon DLC too), but I need to go back and get through this at some point over the course of a weekend or something. Nice to know they're still working on it, though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

Thats neat but I think I'm so far removed from God of War at this point that I wouldn't really care about going back. At some point I just wanted to know how the story ended, made a beeline for the ending and now have little desire to go back and I dunno.. experience the loot?

Cool that they added it in. If NG+ was an option at launch I would have probably dabbled with it when I was on my Norse-myth-high.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I've been holding off on a 100% run through the game and this is what I was waiting for to make that happen.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh word, this game's got loot? Maybe it's time I gave this thing a shot. Mainline the story and then dick around in NG+, rather than feel like I gotta get through everything on my first playthrough.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have waited for this, as I'll go on my photo mode journey through the story.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

It's cool that they're actually adding some new content to the game as well, I still haven't uninstalled the game waiting for this moment. Hopefully the new armor makes the Valkyries a little more my speed as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.