Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

Duders, get me excited for Halo 5.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

With the new Halo coming in less than 2 weeks, I really have no sustainable amount of hype for this. The launch trailer was.....interesting, but not enough to really sell me on this, especially after how disappointed I was in Halo 4's bland story mode (and online for that matter). Last time I felt truly excited about Halo was when I saw this 9 long years ago.

Maybe 343 is just missing that epic music.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Did you catch the stream today?

Loading Video...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Halo man is a pretty cool guy. Be excited!

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the new Halo coming in less than 2 weeks, I really have no sustainable amount of hype for this. The launch trailer was.....interesting, but not enough to really sell me on this, especially after how disappointed I was in Halo 4's bland story mode (and online for that matter). Last time I felt truly excited about Halo was when I saw this 9 long years ago.

Loading Video...

Maybe 343 is just missing that epic music.

Holy shit that trailer was and is still amazing. 343 is missing that epic music. At least they were in Halo 4.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The new modes have me very hype. The shooting looks so tight and the on screen action looks non-stop.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just plays super well. The beta felt surprisingly fast and tight, and they've had even more time to refine it since.

As far as campaign, Halo 4 was basically 343 getting their feet wet. It had some great missions for a first time out, in my opinion, with Infinity being one of the most well-paced missions in the series. Hopefully they can just keep that going for the full running time. If you didn't like that campaign, I can only hope they pull of something impressive with the upgraded tech in the Xbox One.

They know the multiplayer in 4 was missing the spark of some of the earlier games, and I fully expect the feedback from that (and the MCC) to guide them in a good direction for this one. I go back to the beta to say that they're certainly on the right track, with the Warzone playlist adding something on a grand scale. So you got a great competitive game on the small scale, and stuff to rival games like Battlefield when you need something bigger (and that's even before they patch in Big Team Battle).

I dunno, going into a game overhyped is never a good thing. Maybe you're better off not expecting much and being pleasantly surprised.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

What little I've seen looks great and it's a new Halo campaign for me to play several times over. I'm kinda avoiding watching more stuff this close to release.

I also thought Halo 4 was pretty fun, if a bit nonsensical.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good to me, haven't played halo since 2 (tried 3 hated it and never went back) and this almost makes me wanna go back and beat 3 and 4 and get an xbox one at some point to play it...almost.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First trilogy was amazing, ODST and Reach were missteps, and 4 was kind of embarrassing.

I don't know what to expect but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Replayed Halo 4 just the other day. I was indifferent to it at launch but I enjoyed my second playthrough greatly, and goddamn if it doesn't still look and sound incredible - like better than a lot of current-gen games. I'm really excited about 5!

jedikv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, I just hope the story can stand on it's own without having to rely on external lore knowledge which I felt was Halo 4's biggest issue story-wise.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

This looks way better than Halo 4.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed Halo 4 when I first played it, then I finished it yesterday in the Halo MCC and I didn't enjoy it much at all. I don't know what changed.

That being said, I think Halo 5 looks incredible. It looks like 343 really stepped up their game.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Itwastuesday

If "It's more Halo" isn't enough to get you excited, it's probably not gonna do much for you

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Niceanims

It looks _____________fun____________

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the Xone have keyboard and mouse support? I would love to play this but I simply refuse to play first person shooters with a controller, it's intolerable. I thought I remembered Sony or Microsoft talking about supporting other peripherals this console generation, including keyboard and mouse. I dunno....

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

If you're not excited now, I don't think anything we can say will convince you. Personally I'm super stoked for this game, it looks fantastic, I like the stuff they've added like Warzone. Disappointed about the lack of split screen, that's a serious bummer for me, but not enough to kill my interest. I dunno dude, if you're not interested in the further exploits of Chief, this game or any other probably wont change your mind.

I will say though, you should watch the stream because they've got the original Halo music back for this game and it sounds awesome. I really liked what Neil Davidge did with 4 but you need that original score. The audio overall for this game is incredible from what I've seen.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

First trilogy was amazing, ODST and Reach were missteps, and 4 was kind of embarrassing.

I don't know what to expect but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up

That's an unusual remark. It feels like it's been a while since there was a discussion about Halo on these boards, but the last time it happened, I remember ODST and Reach often being mentioned as favorites.

I watched some of that Unfinished and I think Halo 5 looks pretty fucking great. If that video doesn't get you excited for it, then Halo probably isn't a good purchase for you these days.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

After I watched that Unfinished I went from totally apathetic about a new Halo to almost feeling buyer's remorse for going PS4 this console generation. I obviously can't say how the multiplayer or the rest of the campaign will turn out, but those first 3 missions looked really good.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch the video. It looked great.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the multiplayer is better this time around. I play Team Slayer and remember Halo 4 only having a really tiny map rotation for that playlist - either I'm remembering wrong and was just burnt out on Halo or it actually was weirdly confined. Anyone remember?

SithToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jeff seemed pretty pleased with it from what he said on the latest podcast. I just hope multiplayer won't be borked like Halo MCC.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know a guy who worked on the network backend and he said it's not going to be shit this time, so there's that.

On the other hand, he's also one of the only people to fill out his gamertag for the credits, so perhaps you should take that with a grain of salt?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The first thing I did when I opened this thread was control+f ps4, and I was not disappointed to find at least one. It made me laugh, and I own both consoles. :D

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 0 F P S

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. Play something else.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathan Fillion ...

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I rest my case.
    I rest my case.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By DinosaurCanada
    goat
    goat

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those gifs..........

Move your ass, Tuesday!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's Halo, but now in space.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.