Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

What would score Halo with the 1 out of 5 stars rating?

• 62 results
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Vonocourt

Halo CE: 5 
    Halo 2: 2
    Halo 3: 4
    ODST: 4 (I liked firefight quite a bit) 
      @Spartan14003: It's not a cheap stab, just some funny quotes from some of the more extreme fans on the bungie forums.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Spartan14003
    @RobotHamster said:
    " @Spartan14003: Hey I agree with you on the fact that all those games and more have a rabid fanatic fanbase.  If you were to criticize their game to them they would said "omg you noob ur such an idieeeeooot !!!111!11!" and stuff like that, but your post was about halo and thats why I singled it out.  And I'm not a fanatic of MGS but I do enjoy it and I know its faults, like its crazy out there story.  I don't care if someone's a fanatic for a certain game because its their own opinion and that's what they choose to like.  But when they start saying theirs is the best and start bashing on another perfectly good game then thats when they need to be knocked off their cloud and thats when the arguments start.  You enjoy halo and your having fun, thats what matters, but for me and my own opinion i can't get into so I don't play it. "
    Let's play the games that we enjoy, and respect that. Screw the haters and the fanatics.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By RobotHamster
    @Spartan14003: Word.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By flaminghobo

Halo: CE 5
    Halo 2: 3
    Halo 3: 5
    Halo 3: ODST 4

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By andrela

I'd give the first halo 4 stars, only ever played the pc version and even then it was only in lan multiplayer games.

ODST:  5 stars
    Halo 3: 4 stars

Didn't play halo 2

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Gabriel said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @Gabriel said:
    "   
    "
    How is this related to the subject in anyway? Is this another cheap stab at the Halo fanatics again? "
    I'm sorry THIS ONES better and Jeff is mentioned.

"
    Could you cut this crap out and just rate the games? It's okay if you want to give them negative scores. Also, these are nothing new outside of Halo's fanbase. There are plenty of creepy and vile threads at other forums for popular game series. I saw a thread at a MGS forum asking how hard would they fuck Hideo Kojima for Metal Gear Solid 4 and asking if they were eve want to see him naked..... No joke. What about the numerous and millions of grotesque doujin fanart of Final Fantasy? Halo fanbase isn't different from any other popular video game franchise's fanbase, they all have a idiotic and rabid following. 
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Vonocourt said:
    " Halo CE: 5 
    Halo 2: 2
    Halo 3: 4
    ODST: 4 (I liked firefight quite a bit) 
      @Spartan14003: It's not a cheap stab, just some funny quotes from some of the more extreme fans on the bungie forums. "
    Well if this guy is doing this as a joke and not an insult towards all the fans and the games themselves, then I'm totally cool with it. Considering those comments were unintentionally hilarious and cringe inducing at the same time. However, I'm not sure if he is trying to do it as a joke or as a cheap insult, he didn't express it clearly.
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Fosssil
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Spartan14003: In my experience, the team that got either shotguns, energy swords, or needlers usually won. "
    Is that supposed to be evidence of how the game is unbalanced? Because none of those weapons that you mentioned have much importance in upper-level matches. There's a significant difference between balance and skill gap.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By FreakAche

The only Halo I ever played extensively was Halo 3, which I loved when it first came out. Even today it's still a really good game, although admittedly it hasn't aged well graphically.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Spartan14003
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " Halo: Combat Evolved - 5 stars Halo 2 - 4 stars (Only because I thought the campaign was weak. Still, it has my all-time favorite multiplayer) Halo 3 - 4 stars  Halo: ODST - 3 stars (The campaign was alright, but all in all, it wasn't a great game)  And if I was to review the beta of Halo: Reach... Halo: Reach - 3 stars (Downgrade in most ways. I thought the gameplay was butchered quite a bit and I hope for big changes) "
    I disagree with you on the Reach beta, I thought it was better and more skill based than the previous games. It does have balance issues with the weapons, but that's expected from the beta. Bungie are definitely going to fix the absolutely and  ridiculously overpowered grenades, those grenades made COD4's grenades look like nerf balls.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Spartan14003: I really don't think it was more skill-based. I enjoyed it at first, and was shocked by how effective I was the first time I played it. I absolutely dominated my first few games when I was still fumbling over controls and new rules. Now I'm really awesome at Halo, but that just doesn't seem right to me. My biggest issue with the game is the movement. They really tone things down considerably, and I understand that these guys are pre-Master Chief, so they're not quite as capable, but man did I feel so slow and weak throughout the beta. I go from being able to jump 12-15 feet high to being able to jump 2 feet. They have the sprint load-out, which is cool, but when not using it I definitely felt like I was running at a much slower pace. It's crazy seeing others sprinting, though. They look like they're going so insanely fast. Also, I thought most of the weapons felt significantly less effective, and now you need to shoot SLOWLY to do better? I think that's totally lame. I don't want to have to pace my shots like that, because it's just not very fun.

I don't like going back to health packs, and while it's pre-Halo 1 and makes sense, I don't think they should go back like that. I don't like that the radar now shows height because I think it reveals too much information. I'm not crazy about how the load-outs have basically replaced the items. Also, I think some of the new game modes are totally garbage. Dude, Invasion freaking sucks, man. Invasion Slayer is cool, I enjoyed that one. But regular Invasion was probably the least enjoyable Halo gametype I've ever played. Oh, and did I mention they ruined SWAT? Seriously, it was HORRIBLE in the Reach beta. They take away my precious Halo 2, and then give us THIS? I am not pleased. I'm okay with them making changes, but I feel like it's at the expense of good gameplay, and that doesn't fly with me.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Spartan14003
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @Spartan14003: I really don't think it was more skill-based. I enjoyed it at first, and was shocked by how effective I was the first time I played it. I absolutely dominated my first few games when I was still fumbling over controls and new rules. Now I'm really awesome at Halo, but that just doesn't seem right to me. My biggest issue with the game is the movement. They really tone things down considerably, and I understand that these guys are pre-Master Chief, so they're not quite as capable, but man did I feel so slow and weak throughout the beta. I go from being able to jump 12-15 feet high to being able to jump 2 feet. They have the sprint load-out, which is cool, but when not using it I definitely felt like I was running at a much slower pace. It's crazy seeing others sprinting, though. They look like they're going so insanely fast. Also, I thought most of the weapons felt significantly less effective, and now you need to shoot SLOWLY to do better? I think that's totally lame. I don't want to have to pace my shots like that, because it's just not very fun.  I don't like going back to health packs, and while it's pre-Halo 1 and makes sense, I don't think they should go back like that. I don't like that the radar now shows height because I think it reveals too much information. I'm not crazy about how the load-outs have basically replaced the items. Also, I think some of the new game modes are totally garbage. Dude, Invasion freaking sucks, man. Invasion Slayer is cool, I enjoyed that one. But regular Invasion was probably the least enjoyable Halo gametype I've ever played. Oh, and did I mention they ruined SWAT? Seriously, it was HORRIBLE in the Reach beta. They take away my precious Halo 2, and then give us THIS? I am not pleased. I'm okay with them making changes, but I feel like it's at the expense of good gameplay, and that doesn't fly with me. "
    Well, those are the reasons why it's more raw skill based. You can't bonny hop to victory anymore, there is no dot to guarantee an instant headshot, andt he health bars actually makes consequential choices for the players. The game is a lot like Halo: CE, and it's good because of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.