Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Favourite songs from the soundtrack?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Whether or not you prefer it to the original, I think most will agree that the soundtrack to Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is fantastic. With that said, there are certain songs on the soundtrack that stick out in my mind as the very best at capturing that grimy, psychedelic atmosphere that is to me Hotline Miami's main appeal. Be it simply for how they sound, or where they appear in the game. For me, those are:

And I put the question to you duders; what are your favourites?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT
    Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No favorites yet. I'm only a few missions in.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roller mobster all the way up until now.

That track just gets my blood pumping.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Roller Mobster which was already posted and this....

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was one in the quicklook with a guitar riffing/masturbating ontop of some sweet mellow(I think) EDM. I have no idea what the track is named, but I would love to know. Would save me time searching for it on spotify.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Top 3:

Blizzard - Light Club

Technoir - Perturbator

Roller Mobster - Carpenter Brut

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know the name of the track, but the music during the final soldier mission is my downright favorite.

It's so damn good, and I got to listen to it forever since I died so much :D

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was one in the quicklook with a guitar riffing/masturbating ontop of some sweet mellow(I think) EDM. I have no idea what the track is named, but I would love to know. Would save me time searching for it on spotify.

Loading Video...

This one?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By bushpusherr

Both Carpenter Brut tracks, Roller Mobster and Le Perv. The strings in the latter are downright sinister.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I can blast this all goddamn day.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I haven't picked a favorite yet, but it's all really, really good.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I can blast this all goddamn day.

Fuck yes.

This soundtrack is so much better than the first game.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm a big Perturbator fan, so hearing Dangerous Days in my video games is pretty fun.

Perturbator's stuff is mostly name-your-price on bandcamp, it's all pretty high quality. Between the sounds, images and 'stories' for each album, there's a such a unity of vision. It sounds like the kind of electronic music that metalheads would like.

If you like cyberpunk dystopian novels, comic books and pulp; listen to Perturbator.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Richard - Dubmood

The fans theme is also really good as well as the score screen song (which rivals even the mighty Saint's Row the Third mission finish 15 second tracks), those are the only three songs I like as much as Crystals and It's Safe Now from the first game, but it's all pretty good regardless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROLLER MOBSTER

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

The mission mixed with this song were just perfect for some reason. Also really like the Green Kingdom title menu music. Very relaxing tune with the destructive background images just seems really cool.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I actually discovered Carpenter Brut through one of the early HLM2 trailers. He knows how to put a real good menace in his tracks. So I'm slightly biased when I say Le Perv is the best song. And seeing the context that the song gets made me super happy.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big Perturbator fan, so hearing Dangerous Days in my video games is pretty fun.

Perturbator's stuff is mostly name-your-price on bandcamp, it's all pretty high quality. Between the sounds, images and 'stories' for each album, there's a such a unity of vision. It sounds like the kind of electronic music that metalheads would like.

If you like cyberpunk dystopian novels, comic books and pulp; listen to Perturbator.

I'm a hardcore/punk/metal fan mostly, but yeah i like some electronic music, especially the kind of music in the Hotline miami games. It all sounds so menacing.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think definitely Roller Mobster, especially because of the level that it was introduced; i believe it was a "fan" level, and I burst out of an elevator blasting dual machine guns at the exact moment the song picks up. It was honestly perfect.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead said:

I think definitely Roller Mobster, especially because of the level that it was introduced; i believe it was a "fan" level, and I burst out of an elevator blasting dual machine guns at the exact moment the song picks up. It was honestly perfect.

Yeah, the in-game context is part of why I like Decade Dance so much. (early game spoilers)

You're sitting in the police station being interrogated, then the second the officer turns his back the music starts playing, you throw on your mask and the phone tells you to start murdering fools. So good.

Kvel2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kvel2D

@tothenines:

That one is Around by Modulogeek. Love how it shows the more calm side of the game but is still trippy and disturbing.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By doctordonkey
    Loading Video...

Dust is so damn good. It should have had a more prominent placement in the game, perhaps the credits.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to play more of this to get a feel for it. The Hotline Miami 1 soundtrack might be the best (or at least the most iconic) soundtrack to a game I've ever played. That's a pretty bold statement, obviously, but I rarely get super attached to the kind of symphonic/orchestral stuff that usually accompanies big games.

thebarrylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex actually asked this on twitter but... can this OST not be bought unless it's on Steam - which warns you can't do so unless you actually own the game? That seems bizarre if true.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nickhead

@nickhead said:

Yeah, the in-game context is part of why I like Decade Dance so much. (early game spoilers)

You're sitting in the police station being interrogated, then the second the officer turns his back the music starts playing, you throw on your mask and the phone tells you to start murdering fools. So good.

That was an awesome one as well. I think this game, more than the first, is really great at setting up some moments that bring the gameplay, music, and overall aesthetic together so well.

thejhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sad Sun Araw isn't in the game at all, or at least from what I've seen.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Run - iamthekidyouknowwhatimean

Loading Video...

Also, Roller Mobster

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan said:

@tothenines said:

Loading Video...

This one?

Exactly, thank you so much. That guitar at 3:50 is what I remember the most. Love it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

run by iamthekidyouknowwhatimean

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MalibuProfen

Even as I immensely do enjoy the more pumping, bass-heavy tracks in the Hotline Miami games whilst blasting and bashing fools, I usually tend to have an even stronger connection with the more mellow, slow and dreamy tracks that are backing the storytelling parts since they create such a stark contrast to the 'actual gameplay' soundtrack. All in all, both of the games' soundtracks are some of the strongest, if not the strongest, to complement the other elements of a game - AND creating an atmosphere of their own - of any game in current existence.

For Hotline Miami 2 the strongest emotional impact has so far been with the floaty and tear-inducing 3/4 guitar theme of Around by Modulogeek that sounds like something I would've made 8 years ago. Doesn't help that the parts where it is playing the bittersweet atmosphere is heightened with the text and mother 'happenings'. I'm close to finishing the game so will see if something tops it before the end. Or during a second playthrough.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think Quixotic is the new Hydrogen, awesome beat that just builds and builds. Personally the soundtrack is awesome and I would say a better overall ost than HL1, I have yet to hear a song I don't like. BUT I don't think it hits the highs of the first album. HL2 ost is just some very good electronic music, HL1 ost puts me in a place where I just want to slit people throats, its intoxicating.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Loading Video...

I'm about 12 levels into the game and this track from level 7 is easily my favorite. Too damn good. The entire soundtrack is amazing and I think I like it better than HM1.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blizzard reminds me a lot of Kefka's dumb theme in FFVI.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead said:

Same experience. Although I was playing on Vita up to that, and it was the first level I played on PS4.

So I got up, started firing, and my sound system is all of a sudden going nuts with the bass and gunfire. Needless to say, a far cry from the Vita speakers. It ruled. Honestly, that audio contrast at that moment was the coolest thing in a 2015 game so far.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've been listening to this whilst playing Mortal Kombat (makes me about 20% better, that murder factor) and the song that got stuck in my head was Sexualizer, so by that clearly objective measure it must be the best song; also Seinfeldish music beat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.