Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 DLC Bundled, More New PSN Releases

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

I don't know about you, but I'm totally buying the heck out of Shatter tonight. 
    Here's a handy note for those of you who, like me, keep meaning to find some time and get back into Killzone 2. In addition to releasing the new "Napalm & Cordite" pack today, Sony has collected all three of the game's map packs into one bundle. It's now available for $11.99, which essentially gives you three packs for the price of two. If you've kept up with the previous releases, the new pack will run you $5.99.

In other PSN release action, the Fury add-on for Wipeout HD is out for $9.99, Shatter is up for $7.99, and Eidos has a double shot of Lara Croft with Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Legend. Both of those games are $12.99 each.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

Here's a handy note for those of you who, like me, keep meaning to find some time and get back into Killzone 2. In addition to releasing the new "Napalm & Cordite" pack today, Sony has collected all three of the game's map packs into one bundle. It's now available for $11.99, which essentially gives you three packs for the price of two. If you've kept up with the previous releases, the new pack will run you $5.99.

In other PSN release action, the Fury add-on for Wipeout HD is out for $9.99, Shatter is up for $7.99, and Eidos has a double shot of Lara Croft with Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Legend. Both of those games are $12.99 each.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool I guess, I have yet to get into Killzone 2 at all

futbol_dude10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By futbol_dude10

COOL MORE KILLZONE

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mattzz10

I'm still confused about the release of a Call of Duty: World of War demo.  Isn't that game like 9 months old.

ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ColinRyan

Wait, Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary? Are those the first ps2 games released on PSN?

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By kariyanine

No Colin, I think they are PSP releases.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By NickM

That Fury add-on is pretty damn awesome

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ravensword
    @theMcNasty:

Yep, its actually one of the better shooters this gen.
    c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By c_rakestraw

Shatter looks awesome. Too bad I don't have PlayStation 3, though. Otherwise I'd buy it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I still prefer Resistance 2 personally, but i can definatley see whats so great about killzone 2.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mordukai

I am really impressed by the quality and quantity of content on PSN and the rate that they are growing. Sony are really showing improvement.  

radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By radion_null
    @theMcNasty said:
    "People are still playing Killzone 2?"

close to a million people still play the game, I think. THere´s no reason not to as it is rather good, and it is still relatively new. Peopel still play warhawk too and that game was out in late 20

When I come back from break there will be a lot of crap waiting for me on the PSN store. The KZ2 maps, the wipeout fury pack, the motorstorm tracks, capcom v marvel 2, and other stuff.
    Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Box3ru13

Wow Shatter, KZ2 maps, and TR:A!?!? Damn oh well at least its all worth it. 

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killdave

Eidos still got some love for sony ? After giving Microsoft exclusive DLC for their latest game I though they were done...

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By saddlebrown

Dude, this was an awesome update this week. I've got Shatter, the K2 map pack, the Wipeout HD Fury expansion, and the Call of Duty: World at War demo all downloading to my PS3 right now. Times like this really make me glad to own a PS3.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brydello
    @whatisdelicious: Occasionally getting some DLC and a demo for a game that's been out for almost a year makes you really glad you own a PS3?

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

i'm digging this week's updates. i'm not sure if i want the kz2 and wipeout content, as i was really into both of those games before but i've moved on since. i just finished downloading shatter, though, and i think it looks awesome. also for psp owners, there's a dissidia demo out which i'm about to play. couple that with the sale that was going on for some psn games (i'm not sure if the sale is still going on, but if it is it contains some great deals) and my psn games have gotten more attention than my retail games lately. savage moon is sweet!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

Boo games that have paid DLC maps in production while the actual game is being worked on. DLC should be determined after the product has proven successful.

Then again Sony knew the exclusive-hungry would gobble up a million copies post haste. Allowing them to sell you maps that should and COULD have already been in the initial retail release.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @spilledmilkfactory said:
    "  my psn games have gotten more attention than my retail games lately. savage moon is sweet! "
    Comet Crash is way better. It's not an ordinary Tower Defense game and has a pretty unique multiplayer. I'm pretty sure it has a demo (lol PSN) so I would very much recommend it. Thinkin about writing a review, but I'm just too lazy.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai
    @killdave said:
    " Eidos still got some love for sony ? After giving Microsoft exclusive DLC for their latest game I though they were done... "
    You forget Eidos is no more...thats what happens when you fuck with Jeff Eidos...LOL. 
     Besides those exclusive DLC for Tomb Raider: Underworld were not that good...actually they were crap. But I really don't think Sony are that worried about that game, they have their own "Tomb Raider" and its much, much better then Tomb Raider.
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gunslingerNZ
    @MrKlorox:

You're completely missing the point. GG has paced the DLC for Killzone pretty well to keep the game fresh and the community active. Besides simply because you think the DLC was in development before the game was officially release (I'm not exactly sure why?) that doesn't mean it could have been completed in time to put it on the disc...
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive

awesome. Killzone 2 an excellent multiplayer. Warzone all day baby!!!!

and these map packs are literally above and beyond what some of Killzone 2's competitors are coming up with. Some of the best map designs EVER!
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By AutomaticSnake
    @theMcNasty said:
    " People are still playing Killzone 2? "
    Hell yeah the game is a blast online. I know in this site most users are xbots, they must only play the laggy gears of war lol they must like the host advantage.
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By simon1

Just d/l the new maps last night but not played enough of them yet.  They look pretty good though.  Alone with Halo 3, Killzone is my favourite online FPS i have played in a long while.  It would be even better if i was any good at them as well :-).

Must admit i think the timing of the bundle stinks a bit.  It was not that long ago that the 2nd pack was released so i would imagine quite a few people who bought the 1st 2 were going to buy the 3rd pack.  Now you can get a buy 2 get 1 free so it's a kick in the teeth for all the people who have payed for the single packs.  I know it's not a great deal of money, it's just the principle i suppose.
    Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nets

I literally dropped my jaw when I saw the new interface of WipEout Fury. The new skin for all the ships right when you get the update is awesome, the new tracks look more futuristic than ever, etc. etc. I highly recommend anyone who does not have WipEout HD to BUY IT NOW, it's $15 and even $20 was still a steal upon release. If you have HD and haven't played it in awhile like me, don't hesitate to get Fury, it reminded me of why I loved HD so much.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Cerza

Tomb Raider Anniversary and Tomb Raider Legend for 12.99 each? Sweet! Count me in. I have missed not being able to play those since my 360 died.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Media_Master

This is Great news!!!

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fugie7
    @theMcNasty:  yeah people still play killzone 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.