Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

This game is out soon. Will you be picking it up?

• 95 results
    Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll This game is out soon. Will you be picking it up? (397 votes)

Yes. 18%
    Not sure yet. 41%
    Maybe later. 27%
    NO. 14%

So this game comes out on the 28th of this month (October). And there has been no hype or media advertising for this game that I am aware of. However from what I have seen, it looks very similar to Souls games, but more action-y. The combat seems more from other action games. It has a similar UI to the souls games. It uses stamina in the same way. Same types of armor handling where heavy slows you down, etc. And a lot of the game play elements seem to have parallels.

I am personally pretty excited for this game. And will be getting it day one.

For those that are not aware, here is a video for the game.

Get hype!

• 
    Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No clue but if it's a shadow of a Souls game then it's probably worth playing. Even something bizarre like Dragon's Dogma has taken a solid 100 hours of my time just doing random stuff. Thanks for making a thread about it though, maybe that will create more interest.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

This game has been on my radar for a while.

But I probably won't get it at all until I see a Quicklook or something similar and then if I like what I see I'll probably get it on a Steam Sale at some future date.

That's not intended as disrespect to the game, it's just hard to justify paying full price for anything when my backlog is so huge and the resulting knowledge that it may be a year or more before I even touch this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It looks interesting but I have to see more. November is my month of games so thing might fall into the "maybe later at a steep discount" category.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ares42

I thought it was pushed back to late November. With the current release date I doubt I'll be picking it up on day one, but it's probably gonna be a decent game to pick up in December/January.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By confusedowl

I don't have a PS4 yet but when I get one this game will be one of the first I pick up assuming the reviews and community opinion are positive.

Just from looking at it I love the character and world design. I loved Dark Souls so this could be right up my alley.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Will wait for a Quick Look and until after I beat all the games I want to play this year (which are quite a few)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

I'm most definitely interested but there's just too many other things coming out that take priority unfortunately. For sure I'll get to it eventually though, if word of mouth is positive and all that.

Wipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There aren't too many games I give a crap about this year and this is one of the few that I do. As long as its sufficiently nerdy (lets you fool around with your stats and equipment upgrades) I think it will work well.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still need to finish Wasteland 2 and Alien, so in some future I can see myself playing this but it's definitely not the near future.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Never heard of it. The title sounds like a Rob Zombie movie.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

Maybe later. Bayonetta 2 is out on the 24th, and that game takes priority over anything else for me. I do think it looks really pretty though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I will be all over it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#13 fisk0  Moderator

Maybe not on day one, but I'm definitely interested in it. A few days ago I had that weird feeling that maybe Lords of the Fallen was the single most exciting game of the upcoming releases. Since it's a Deck 13 and City Interactive release, I do expect it to be somewhat of a mess though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

69.99 ain't the right price for me, but I do want to try this game out. Like @fredchuckdave said if it is even a shadow of a reflection of a glimpse of Demon's Souls I will probably really enjoy it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It's £45 on current-gen consoles and £25 on PC on Amazon... Like, come on! How does that work?? Frankly the price difference is that drastic that I simply can't pay that much for it on PS4, nor can I of course get it on PC, so. PC games have always been cheaper than console of course from day-1, but not usually to that extent.

It'll likely be going for somewhere around £60 on the actual PSN store, which lol wttfffffffffff

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I was completely skeptical of this until I read Phil Kollar's preview on Polygon. I'm still not convinced that it'll be anything other than a reasonably competent Dark Souls knockoff, but I'm certainly more interested than I was. Plus, even if it is mediocre, it's not like those kinds of games are a dime a dozen, so it be might be worth trying out for variety's sake alone.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if it's got Dark Souls game play but in a world that actually has a nice design and lore then I'm all over it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, I got this poll from Florida. That must explain how so many of you voted incorrectly.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I have never heard of this game in my life. Well done marketing team.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've liked what I've seen of it so far, but unless it releases to overwhelmingly positive acclaim (ala Mordor), I may have to wait for a sale.

There's just way too many games coming out.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to be trying to be Dark Souls. But it doesn't seem to have the element of freedom and customization that is my favorite thing about that series (And RPGs in general). So no.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Definitely. Lobosjr has a preview build playthrough on YouTube which got me hyped enough to preorder it on Steam.

Combat seems heavily inspired by Dark Souls which is enough to get me into any game, even if it isn't quite as crushingly difficult.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Not really. I like the Souls games but I'm not drooling for a new one in between Dark Souls 2 (dull) and Bloodborne (interesting?). Also, I find this game's art design to be painfully "metal" and trying too hard to be edgy.

Part of why I enjoyed Dark Souls and Demon's Souls so much was the restraint From Software exercised when designing those worlds. This looks like it's all a bit much.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

If it's even half as good as Dark Souls, I'll give it a shot. In Lobo's playthrough of the demo, the game looked like it'll manage that.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the fence on this one but I have a feeling that I might like it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't mind giving it a try on PS4 at some point, since Bound By Flame is currently the only action-rpg on the platform and it's...not a very good one.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Probably makes me a right asshole to say this, but I've no confidence in the developers. I know, I know, open mind and all that, but looking at the past work of all involved is just... yeah.

Plus I lack that Dave Snider level of immunity to Eastern European games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fredchuckdave

From the first competent Gamestop employee I've seen in like 6 or 7 years: "It's like a not impossible version of Dark Souls." Could be positive or negative depending on your point of view, as a veteran I'd expect it to be a 40 death game maybe which is still a reasonable challenge. The over arching systems seem a lot more "game-y" for lack of a better term than Dark Souls did, like the leveling crystal and even the world layout.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it reviews well I may pick it up, because it looks interesting. But I'm definitely waiting on reviews for this one.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well i dont have a ps4 because its not worth it yet,but when i feel its worth the price and the game drops down to like 30 dollars i might buy it.it looks fun but after playing dark souls 2 so much and since its my fave souls game,i dont think i need to play this anytime soon and it probably wont be better then dark souls 2 either,so maybe later.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By musubi

I had no clue this game even existed until just now so... can't say I've planned on buying it.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

If anything props to the developers for basically saying yea its Dark Souls, but with 2 really unique changes to the formula:

1. The stages for boss fights in which they will change their pattern. This is not new or anything but seeing it marked on the health bar and if you die you start at that start.

2. Gathering souls (when you die) actually decrease over time once you respawn. Then the option is to pick them up, or leave them as they provide a boost to your health as you fight.

looks good.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCXprgI9A8 < here's 5 hour footage of a dark souls speedrunner / challenge runner playing through the game and offering his thoughts on it. I watched 10 min of it and he seems to enjoy it, and feels it's an easier game.

It does a lot of things exactly the same as Dark Souls though, so don't expect an entirely new game. I'll wait for reviews, but it seems kind of good, and i totally dig the dark souls style of game, so i'm all for more games who try to offer their take on it.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This game is in a three way race for my wallet this fall along with Mordor and Dragons Age. There can be only one RPG in my budget so I am waiting for all the reviews and hands on...and maybe even a lucky sale.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Played a demo of it at PAX and liked it, even though they sorta through you into it with no real guidance. I'll probably pick it up during the winter sale on Steam. I've already had a busy month with Mordor, Pre-Sequel, and soon Civ: Beyond Earth.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: I've decided I'm going to buy this at full price just on the principle of the thing (plus it looks fine/probably as good as Demon's Souls). Bamco + Poland is a good combination for Souls-like, hopefully every game in the future becomes a Roguesoulslike. Also the Pre-Order bonus isn't terrible. Everything that clones a souls game deserves any true Souls fan's support (say that 10 times fast).

Aside: I also bought Anarchy Reigns because why not.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rethla

Maaaaybe?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I read this I thought to myself "I've never heard of this game" and then I got deja vu, and remembered that I'd had this same exact thought about this same exact game several times before. So obviously its a great title.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: Stormlords of the Risen Fallen: Vengeance.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh just read Kollar's preview for it. Now I'm more interested as the new death mechanics (among other things) sound like great tweaks. It is still a wait game because I just got a WiiU for Bayo2, but now I'm more interested in playing this game at some point.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably not right away. Already got FC4, DA:I, Bayonetta 2, civ: beyond earth and AC Unity on preorder, so I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Looks like a good game, I just don't think I'll have time for it right now. Civ:Beyond Earth alone is likely to keep me occupied for a good 400 hours.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just wait for Bloodborne, I've got enough to play right now anyway.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this open world? Or at least as open as a Dragon Age? Kinda not fond of linear fantasy games.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe depends on the reviews and quick look. Samething for sunset overdrive, both games could use demos. Might get one, both, or neither.

Still pretty occupied with rogue legacy, destiny, modor, horizon 2. Sroill haven't started alien, haven't had free time during night time where I was in the mood.

Hmm, both these might be discount pick up with all the November I'd also like to get.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've still (partly purposefully, partly life getting in the way) not seen ANYTHING from this game beyond the original trailer.

But based on the whispers on the wind I have heard, it's not changed too dramatically from that original showing, at least in terms of what I liked about it. So sure, I definitely want to play it, but it all kinda depends on time and whether or not I remember. I'm kind of tied up, my backlog is like thousands of games, and even if you only count the blockbusters from the past 2 years I've still got more games than I could finish in like, the next 6 months+. So I dunno, god... damn I hate working 9 hour days with a 4 hour commute on-top.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is looking way too close to Bound By Flame for me to get my hopes too high. Put me down as extremely cautiously optimistic.

Sheild raised, roll button ready cautious.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VioleGrace

The only aspect that turns me off is how slow the movement is , it feels like the world is running on slow motion , before buying it i will have to watch some spoiler-free walkthroughs to decide .

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I would buy this and or Korra if Bayonetta 2 wasn't coming out in 3 days and I'm gonna spend my savings on a fucking Wii U. For now these smaller cool action games are gonna have to wait until I get more work. :/

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By handlas

Can't say I've felt a desire to pick it up based on videos. Looks like Dark Souls with a generic art direction. I mean, look at the box art. Bald guy face. I'm so enticed by it.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for the reviews, but it looks pretty neat. I'm probably going to sink a ton of time into Civ: B.E. this week and Assassin's Creed is coming out next month so I'm a bit more inclined to wait a little.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.