Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Extended cut out on the 26th!

• 57 results
    Jumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jumbs
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Undeadpool

You don't. As someone who really didn't hate the ending, I'm STILL stoked to see what they've added. Though this means my replaythrough from ME1 won't have as much time as I'd thought...

Also @Jumbs: Ball is...in...the parking lot. Would you like to play again?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Cool beans.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

The ending is Mass Effect 3's least concern honestly. That game has quite a few problems, some being the awful journal and a stupid flash game with little reapers chasing you on the galaxy map. I still hate the ending and will continue to after this dlc. It just felt off from what the franchise had originally done, it honestly felt like an intern came in and wrote an ending at the last second. I'll check this ending dlc out, but I doubt that it'll change my feelings on a disappointing conclusion to a franchise that I really loved. Anyway, I don't mean any ill will towards ME3 and the people that like it. I'm over the debacle and honestly wish that they just left the ending as is since it seems that they don't get why the ending was so bad. That and most gaming sites taking the side of Bioware for some reason. If people want to know why the ending is wrong on many levels I implore you to watch this video which clearly explains peoples problems with it.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By onan

...Did you look at or listen to anything before posting this thread?

http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/

• The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
    • The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.
    • The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.
    • The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.
    • The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
    • The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.

• [SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.

• To learn more about the Extended Cut, please enjoy the Extended Cut interview podcast with Community Manager Jessica Merizan, Executive Producer Casey Hudson, and Lead Writer Mac Walters.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Undeadpool You have selected "No."
    onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By onan

I think the biggest WTF moment from this interview was when they said the DLC is 1.9gb, and will add "several minutes of additional content." What???

It's also super disingenuous for them to say it's a labor of love and how it gives them the chance to really get to say goodbye to the universe they've loved for 8 years, blah blah.

Um, let's not BS here. You're not a fangroup. You're not a company made of former Bioware employees. Casey Hudson and Mac Walters, you're the guys who made the decision in the first place, so don't act like the existing ending is not what you wanted to do. Supposedly Patrick Weekes or someone else had to really push just to get that weird "goodbye" communicator put in at the last minute. This interview just makes me annoyed.

Still hoping for the best, though. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By BaneFireLord

Same day as Dawnguard? Shit.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

But I already have plans on the 26th that I'm going to pay 20 dollars for :/. Either way I still can't wait.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By JJOR64

@BaneFireLord said:

Same day as Dawnguard? Shit.

That's nice and all, but I bet most people will be interested in Dawguard. Sneaky sneaky EA.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm excited.

Sick Wallpaper
    Sick Wallpaper
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Eager to see if this can make me interested in the franchise again, ME3 was terrific but its ending anything but.

Shoulda pulled the plug on Anderson's speech.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Undeadpool

@onan said:

I think the biggest WTF moment from this interview was when they said the DLC is 1.9gb, and will add "several minutes of additional content." What???

That raised my eyebrow too until I read the part about multiple playthroughs. It's likely a single viewing won't add up to 2 gigs of content.

@Brodehouse: <cue the theme>

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlightConfuse

Wanted to back to me3 anyway

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Quarters

I really liked the original ending, but still stoked for this. Very curious to see what it adds.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Master_Funk

Oh yeah Mass Effect 3 came out this year. Seems like a lifetime ago.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By wsowen02

@Phatmac said:

The ending is Mass Effect 3's least concern honestly. That game has quite a few problems, some being the awful journal and a stupid flash game with little reapers chasing you on the galaxy map. I still hate the ending and will continue to after this dlc. It just felt off from what the franchise had originally done, it honestly felt like an intern came in and wrote an ending at the last second. I'll check this ending dlc out, but I doubt that it'll change my feelings on a disappointing conclusion to a franchise that I really loved. Anyway, I don't mean any ill will towards ME3 and the people that like it. I'm over the debacle and honestly wish that they just left the ending as is since it seems that they don't get why the ending was so bad. That and most gaming sites taking the side of Bioware for some reason. If people want to know why the ending is wrong on many levels I implore you to watch this video which clearly explains peoples problems with it.

Agreed. Unfortunately the awful endings have overshadowed many of the game's other issues, the amount of auto-dialogue and the lazy fetch quests being the most obvious. As a result, the bigger story, that of the press (save Giant Bomb) ignoring all of these issues and in fact, DEFENDING BioWare, has gone completely unnoticed.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mutha3

I kinda don't care anymore.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Liquidus

I don't think this is really gonna change my thoughts on the ending of the game but thanks for the effort Bioware.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mutha3
    @wsowen02 said:

@Phatmac said:

Agreed. Unfortunately the awful endings have overshadowed many of the game's other issues, the amount of auto-dialogue and the lazy fetch quests being the most obvious. As a result, the bigger story, that of the press (save Giant Bomb) ignoring all of these issues and in fact, DEFENDING BioWare, has gone completely unnoticed.

This, I agree with. I remember when people were saying "they ruined it in the last 5 minutes! 99% of this game is great!"

uh no the whole game was riddled with pretty big issues. The ending was just the finishing blow.
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By mosdl

Wait, I have to replay part of the game? That final earth stuff was horrid!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EXTomar

Why would anyone want to "roleplay" the Synthesis or Control endings?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadyPingu

It's March all over again, guys. Controversy incoming.

Also, is it too much to hope that they made Priority: Earth into the Suicide Mission redux it was meant to be? Cause I don't really have it in me to play that mission again otherwise...

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MEATBALL

Batten down the hatches, there's a fresh internet shitstorm a comin'!

I'm one of those completely insane people who was happy with Mass Effect 3 and its ending overall (there's something gravely wrong with me, I'm sure), and I'm very interested to see the new content in this extended ending with the two Shepards I've completed the trilogy with thus far.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Carryboy

But that final mission was terrible, guess ill just check out the extra stuff on youtube.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Liquidus

@Carryboy said:

But that final mission was terrible, guess ill just check out the extra stuff on youtube.

What's the matter don't like wave based survival gameplay in place of a climatic battle?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#27  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm hoping my save is from the Cerberus base attack. Can't remember when I last saved.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Carryboy

@Liquidus said:

@Carryboy said:

What's the matter don't like wave based survival gameplay in place of a climatic battle?

When you put it like that i can see the error of my ways.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mutha3
    @MightyDuck said:

I'm hoping my save is from the Cerberus base attack. Can't remember when I last saved.

The game leaves a save before the Cerberus base attack when you finish the game, right? I think ME2 did the same thing with the suicide mission.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Hizang

I had no problem with the ending, so much time has passed since I beat that game that I really don't care to put the disc back in just to see a few minutes of ending to a game I beat years ago. It's like you go to a cinema, watch a film, and come back months later just to see the epilogue.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dylabaloo

Does this mean i'm going to have to play the mutliplayer loads to get my Galactic Readiness up again...

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By rjayb89

I hope they added a Reaper Reaper.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EXTomar

What would a Reaper Reaper look like?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By DharmaBum

Nice of them to do this I suppose. Though that video interview was obvious damage control, maybe what they've added will satisfy disgruntled fans. I traded my copy in for The Witcher 2, so I guess I'll be watching the new content via YouTube.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Dylabaloo said:

Does this mean i'm going to have to play the mutliplayer loads to get my Galactic Readiness up again...

Shit! I didn't even think about that.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By happenstance

I was one of the ones who didnt have a problem with the endings but it will be nice to get some extended stuff. I mean at the end of the day its just more Mass Effect and for me thats always good.

(Before anyone bites my head off like the last time I said I didnt mind the endings, I will completely agree that they have problems and holes, I just liked where it left things.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this game and this series n yes the ending was full of plot holes but fuck it I loved it. This extended cut is just fucking great news to me cause it just means more ME for me lol.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Dylabaloo said:

This having to replay that shitty fucking final battle, fuck. I guess I will be watching this on youtube.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelN7

@EXTomar said:

Why would anyone want to "roleplay" the Synthesis or Control endings?

You know both of those endings seem more "interesting" given the implications of what could happen in the universe specially Synthesis even though Destroy seem the "right" choice to me at the time and apparently it was, I will use my other Shepard's to go for those endings.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By laserbolts

No way i'm playing through the last couple hours of Mass Effect 3 again. To be honest I don't give a shit about Mass Effect 3 anymore. I may youtube it out of curiousity though.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dylabaloo

@YoThatLimp said:

@Dylabaloo said:

This having to replay that shitty fucking final battle, fuck. I guess I will be watching this on youtube.

Oh fuck I forgot about all that hassle Maruader Shields gave me.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Dylabaloo said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Or the lame wave based final earth battle.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dylabaloo

@YoThatLimp said:

@Dylabaloo said:

@YoThatLimp said:

@Dylabaloo said:

Or the lame wave based final earth battle.

Easy difficulty or youtube for me.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Aetheldod

Im glad it coming out soon now :D yet I will still cross my fingerz ... I want my blue babies ya know D: (not likely tho :/)

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By altairre

I'll be definetely checking this out but I don't expect great things to come out of it. I've made my peace with the ending eventhough it's kinda shitty. ME3 will probably still be my GotY since I loved almost everything else about it (I have to admit sword dude was pretty bad).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Ugh, I kept a save from when I got the galactic readiness up to 100%, but I can't use it? LAME! No way am I going to get that back up to a hundo.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By glyn

The ending had some of the best moments however.

The relationship between shephard and anderson. Struggling to walk through the dark areas of the "ship". It made you question what was going on and whether it was shepards imagination. To me, I really want the indoctrination theory to be true, because the writing without it is simply abysmal.

I still don't get how Bioware cannot see what makes fans like their games. DA:1 , ME 1, for example

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By andriv

I'm over the game, kinda sad that I have no interest in any mass effect dlc (ending or other).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NTM

I'm on my third playthrough, and I stopped playing about the middle of last month at the beginning of the Cerberus end mission. Where you start once you beat the game and the credits are over. I think the question right now is, how much better can they possible make it? I mean, with what they already have? I think there are only a few problems with the game, other than that, it could have been my favorite ME, but with the somewhat dull fetch quests on the citadel that just felt like filler, the whole Reaper sound whenever entering a system again was annoying, and the ending just because it didn't have any closure and just made more questions when that shouldn't have been the purpose. Then there are a few annoying bugs holding it back, but none of them too significant. Other than that, I loved the game! I'm very excited for this.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By napalm

I just... really don't care anymore. And I want to, considering how much I love the series, but even that ending and everything else has just soured my feelings on the series as a whole.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.