Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Kal'Reeger on the squad

Swayvos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Swayvos

I hope Kal'Reeger will be on the squad in ME3. For one I appreciate Adam Baldwin's work but mainly I would like a new Quarian on the team with/without Tali's return. Don't get me wrong I really like Tali, but I wouldn't mind some new blood at the cost of her being on the squad the third time around. Plus, I really really hope we get to see 1) a Quarian without a mask 2) a female Turian and 3) a female Krogan (which if the trailers are any indication we will).

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Hanar teammate!
    Swayvos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Swayvos

Blasto the Jellyfish!!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

I think they confirmed somewhere there will be no female models of salarians and turians, to my chagrin, but I guess you can count on a female krogan model if you look at some gameplay demos of the game from various conventions, but that thing was covered with drapes and a really bad Jessica Rabbit impression. Besides I don't want to see a krogan female anyway. Maybe we'll fight along him, Kal'Reegar, since we'll likely be enticing whole civilizations to fight with us, while along the way making enemies. I think it wouldn't be surprising to see a little quarrel between Tali and Legion again, but blown up to a galactic level.

And yeah, a quarian without a mask, maybe.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@ShadowConqueror said:

Hanar teammate!

@Swayvos said:

Blasto the Jellyfish!!

Holy crap. Bioware have to halt development now to make sure this gets into the game.

baconbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By baconbot

@Gamer_152: Oh yes. A gun in each arm/tentacle/jelly arm.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vertrucio

"This one doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions."

Kal Reeger won't be a squad member, at least, not permanently. Instead, you'll probably see him either as a cameo, or as a temporary squad member in ME3. They're actually using the whole temporary squaddie thing a lot more in ME3, something they tried a lot in DLC such as Shadow Broker. The idea is that you get valuable time with someone from Shepard's past, in a more intimate way than if it was just a fleeting cutscene or dialog.

"This one has forgotten whether its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate?"

As for Blasto, or any Hanar or non humanoid alien as a squad mate, we'll have to wait for the next Mass Effect on the next generation of consoles. Right now, one of the reasons why there's so many humanoids in Mass Effect is that they're trying to save memory by having everyone use the human skeleton for their animations, so while there are extremes like the Krogan and Salarian, almost everything is humanoid and can be somehow attached to the default human animation skeleton so it can use all the pre-canned animations they made. The Hanar and Elcor you see wandering around, if you notice, aren't very emotive, and that's as much a technical limitation as it is a matter of story.

tynianrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tynianrex

I hope so. I'd love to roll around with him and Miranda and watch them interact with my commander Charles "Chuck" Shepard.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Teran

@Swayvos: He's the first and only tough sounding Quarian I've ever heard. I would like to see him in the squad as well but I doubt it will happen.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By FreakAche

That would be cool, but if he were in the game, I don't think I would be able to resist the urge to just use him and Miranda as my squad on every single mission, due to my absurd levels of Chuck fandom. Now if only we could get Zachary Levi in the game.

puaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By puaru

Mass Effect 2 had a female Krogan. She didn't look very different though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I want him and a gunslinger voiced by Nathan Fillion in my squad.

And a threesome romance option.

What?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany

No thanks, he was not a good companion in ME2

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

If they went super derivative and wrote a song called "The Quarian they Call Kal'Reeger" I wouldn't complain. Mordin could sing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.