Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect free multiplayer dlc!!!!

• 97 results
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Undeadpool

I know it hasn't been out long, but I'm stuck at work and can't stop clock watching to go home and try to snag some of these new characters. Anyone manage to get one? How are they? How about the maps?

@Drebin_893 said:

Jesus Christ guys stop being so weird about free DLC.

But it DOES NOT COMPUTE! MUST NEVER PRAISE EA! EA IS THE ENEMY! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CL60

@Drebin_893 said:

I know right? It's fucking stupid how far the EA hate has gone.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Undeadpool said:

I know it hasn't been out long, but I'm stuck at work and can't stop clock watching to go home and try to snag some of these new characters. Anyone manage to get one? How are they? How about the maps?

@Drebin_893 said:

But it DOES NOT COMPUTE! MUST NEVER PRAISE EA! EA IS THE ENEMY! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

You wouldn't be able to until Bioware updates their servers.

Microsoft fucked up and put the DLC out early. It isn't available on the PC yet.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deathstriker666

Piracy is free. Nothing else is "free"

Suckers will be suckers

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Mike76x

It''s not really free DLC, It's freemium content. The odds of unlocking this stuff will probably be the same as the other stuff already there. Every pack I buy gives me nothing but experience toward female versions of character types I don't use. No new weapons, no new characters. I'd like to be excited, really it's just more cool stuff I can't have because of the random Zynga-esque unlocking system.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Milkman
    @darkdragonmage99
    This is nothing more then damage control and I'm not buying it  EA is make a money off of this somehow 
    You're the worst.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Milkman
    @deathstriker666

Piracy is free. Nothing else is "free"

Suckers will be suckers

Never mind my last comment. This guy is definitely the worst.
    D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By D_Bones

Just curious if anyone with the Ps3 version has been able to play the new maps. Heard the 360 players can and that pc isn't available yet but no word on Ps3. If you have can you tell me thanks.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Milkman:  How so ? It's a  reasonable assumption with EA's past and the fact they are a business  they don't do anything without thinking of the bottom line first. 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Milkman
    @darkdragonmage99
    @Milkman:  How so ? It's a  reasonable assumption with EA's past and the fact they are a business  they don't do anything without thinking of the bottom line first. 
    This is what EA is think right now: "Wow, people are super pissed about Mass Effect 3. Let's give them a little something so they hate us less." What's wrong with that?
    Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wacomole

@D_Bones said:

Just curious if anyone with the Ps3 version has been able to play the new maps. Heard the 360 players can and that pc isn't available yet but no word on Ps3. If you have can you tell me thanks.

Well I've just downloaded a 16mb patch. All I've noticed that's different is that in the store there are now just the 3 normal packs available (Recruit, Veteran and Spectre), no special one.

May be that this in preparation for them adding another special pack with the characters.

TromboneTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TromboneTony

Regardless of the "freemium" arguement, you still get two maps for free that you can access right away (both are pretty good, too). People need to chill out with the ME3 hate, it's cool that EA os giving this away.

Rustam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rustam00

For those of you on the PC, its up.

In origin, hit the little "i" info button on ME3. Then go to game addons. "Purchase" resurgence pack for free. Then it'll start downloading.

Also note, don't start buying packs with your saved up money yet. The packs with the new content arn't up yet. They'll be "Reinforcement packs"

Zealousadonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zealousadonis

If you install this "free" DLC your bank account will be immediately drained and all of your money will go to EA don't download it!!!

Or maybe, you know, it's just free DLC. Sure EA can make money off of it. The new stuff will be in the supply packs that impatient people will pay real money for. If that's how they want to handle multiplayer DLC I think I'd be cool with that.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#65  Edited By rjayb89

Damn it, I bought like 6 spectre packs and got no new classes. Curses!

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not to be all cynical, because I really do appreciate the free-ness of this, but all this new stuff will incentivize people to buy more item packs with real money (crazy people, like Jeff).

So it's not as if they won't make any money on this.

Though, again, I really dig the multiplayer and greatly appreciate this free DLC.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Flaboere

Not that I'm surprised, but all the new classes have to be "bought" to be accessed. Meaning, of course, that there's no garantee to ever actually get to play them.

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Milkman:  Like I said damage control You seem to think I don't understand exactly what's going on I'd do exactly what they are doing.  

Good will gesture you can profit off of who wouldn't do it? 

Doesn't mean what they are doing is going to sway me one good will gesture is not gonna change the last 15  years.  

Edit: Just to make something clear my hate for EA has very little to do with Mass Effect 3 .
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Venatio

I'm on a PC in Europe, when do I get my maps and characters? answer would be just awesome

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Flaboere

@Venatio: It's already there. Follow Rustam00's guide. Click on the little "i" on your ME game in Origin, then go to Shop for Addons (don't know exactly what the english name is, mine's in Danish) and download it for free.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Milkman

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@Milkman: Like I said damage control You seem to think I don't understand exactly what's going on I'd do exactly what they are doing. Good will gesture you can profit off of who wouldn't do it? Doesn't mean what they are doing is going to sway me one good will gesture is not gonna change the last 15 years. Edit: Just to make something clear my hate for EA has very little to do with Mass Effect 3 .

What would you have liked them to do in this situation? I'm not sure how EA is suppose to be winning here.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Icil

@darkdragonmage99 said:

@Milkman: Like I said damage control You seem to think I don't understand exactly what's going on I'd do exactly what they are doing. Good will gesture you can profit off of wouldn't do it? Doesn't mean what they are doing is going to sway me one good will gesture is not gonna change the last 15 years.

It's actually my belief that BioWare planned free dlc from the start. It makes no sense to simultaneously charge for the content while charging for the randomized chance of getting that content from loot chests.

I don't believe this is a gesture of good will or damage control. I don't think any of this is in response to fans' hate. I think it's an incredibly successful cash cow for EA and free DLC earns them more money from loot chest sales than if they charged for it traditionally.

Can't prove any of this, though.

EDIT: My point is that I think BioWare planned this pricing scheme since before launch (when they were considering post-launch support).

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By OneManX

I think the only way they could of charged you for the DLC, is if you could all the characters upfront, carrying over XP you've already earned, or a large enough boost (as if you got them from the Spectre pack or above) that you have a capable character to play with.

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By darkdragonmage99
    @Milkman:  EA can't win with me bioware was the last straw.  They have been buying up good developers and destroying them sense basically they existed . EA has the fucking death touch for developers and I'm sick of it the next one they buy out is getting written off right off   I gave bioware a few games in the hopes EA may have learned something over the last 15 years. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I actually like freemium over subscription. Freemium incentivized them to make new stuff that people want.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rjayb89

Awww shit, Krogan Vanguard. Fuckin' barrier and biotic charge and beefed up melee attacks? Sheeittt.

Also got this insane Geth SMG, it's pretty weak but it holds 180 bullets or whatever in one thermal clip with whatever upgraded mods I have. Not really gonna use it. And this assault rifle, Striker something or other. Haven't used it yet but it looks cool.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By D_Bones

Crap. Have spent creds on 3 spectre packs and nothing from dlc so far. prob gonna save up for premium pack and hope for the best. Also hydra is a pretty great map and is quite perty. The other one is pretty close quarters got into some tight situations in there.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#78  Edited By Undeadpool

@Cataphract1014: Apparently MS did not, cause I just downloaded the patch and apparently the glitch is fixed...so...yeah!

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Cataphract1014

@Undeadpool said:

@Cataphract1014: Apparently MS did not, cause I just downloaded the patch and apparently the glitch is fixed...so...yeah!

Bioware fixed it hours ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: The Geth SMG is probably the best of the SMGs. That statement doesn't mean much at face value, but the fact that the firing rate continually increases means the damage cap is much higher than you might think. Give it a shot. With the right ammo loadout, you might just surprise yourself. 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rjayb89

@HistoryInRust said:

@rjayb89: The Geth SMG is probably the best of the SMGs. That statement doesn't mean much at face value, but the fact that the firing rate continually increases means the damage cap is much higher than you might think. Give it a shot. With the right ammo loadout, you might just surprise yourself.

Is it better to not aim with that thing? Being so used to using an assault rifle with a stabilizer, I found that thing pretty unruly if I held the trigger for too long yet very little when I didn't aim. Either way, I'll spend more time with it. I've spent only one match with that thing and don't use SMGs much on other classes other than Adepts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: Um. Not sure, really. I aim constantly with it and seem to be having success.  

It's probably helpful to note I'm currently in the midst of a character who uses Overload a lot, and almost primarily to stagger enemies. If you can master the kick--which I don't think is too rough, but your mileage may vary--then it seems to be a fairly dependable weapon. 
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#83  Edited By Humanity

@rjayb89 said:

Damn it, I bought like 6 spectre packs and got no new classes. Curses!

This is why every time I'm tempted to buy them with real money I stay away. I honestly hate the Booster Pack system but not because you can pay for it - rather because it's so random and broken. At least make categories or guarantee something you do want. A Sniper rifle Spectre pack that has a guaranteed new sniper or upgrade. I really want to try out some of these new classes but how many hours of grinding for spectre packs will I have to do before I luckily stumble on that Geth Infiltrator class I really want to play?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Humanity: I feel like they should just broaden the store. Keep the booster system the way it is, but also give us the option to browse individual item groups and allow players to purchase specific items, even if that means the prices for those individual items are significantly more than the prices for the packages. 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @HistoryInRust said:

I tried it out and imo the Geth SMG is underwhelming.
    It is based on the principle that you need to keep firing to increaes it's DPS, which means you need to be sticking out of cover, not dodging, not using abilities if you want it's full dps.
    It is contrary to the very basics of how the game is optimally played at anything above bronze.
    It's tiny dmg per bullet also means armored targets take even less dmg, makig it's strenght of sustained fire wasted on them.
    Not only that but the Geth SMG does not even pack enough DPS when fully spun up compared to say the Hornet, which completely demolishes it in the DPS it can put out.

It is probably on par if not better then the rest of the SMGs (EDIT: scratch that, just looked at it's stats and daumn it's bad, basically a peashooter)
    But it just does not compare to the Hornet, not even close.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#86  Edited By Humanity

@HistoryInRust said:

@Humanity: I feel like they should just broaden the store. Keep the booster system the way it is, but also give us the option to browse individual item groups and allow players to purchase specific items, even if that means the prices for those individual items are significantly more than the prices for the packages.

Yes, just do the classic move of completely inflating the prices of singular items. Make the Black Widow sniper be 500,000 credits and each subsequent upgrade to it 100,000 credits. Thats hugely overblown but at least then people would have something to work for. Once you max out a character it's this crazy game of attrition where your will to keep grinding points and not getting the items you want eventually comes to a full stop. I really enjoy the multiplayer way more than I should, but after a while of just getting worthless stuff I don't care about or don't ever use I lose any interest in playing - spent a TON of credits and still my Mantis is only level 6, which I don't really use anymore and my primary sniper is only at 3 I think - but hey I have some sweet pistols, SMG mods and assualt rifles, that I never touch.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thomasnash

@D_Bones: Played both last night. Hydra reminded me a lot of the map with the Satellite dishes, which was my favourite map because I like to play snipers, so it was really nice to have another map like that, nice and open.

Condor I didn't dig as much at first, but I started to really appreciate the amount of height difference in it. It feels like it has a small footprint, but I can't think of any other map with that range of height. So yeah, I really enjoy them both. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting some new characters or weapons though. Want dat harpoon gun...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @thomasnash said:

@D_Bones: Played both last night. Hydra reminded me a lot of the map with the Satellite dishes, which was my favourite map because I like to play snipers, so it was really nice to have another map like that, nice and open.

Condor I didn't dig as much at first, but I started to really appreciate the amount of height difference in it. It feels like it has a small footprint, but I can't think of any other map with that range of height. So yeah, I really enjoy them both. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting some new characters or weapons though. Want dat harpoon gun...

Meh i tried it out today.
    Kind of a ghetto sniper rifle. It has a delay due to the slow travel time of the projectile plus the harpoon also falls a lot with distance, making it the most imprecise one shot sniper rifle.
    Which is kind of a big deal considering how jerking and fast enemies tend to move.
    Holds a bunch of ammo tho.
    I don't see any reason to currently pick it over mantis/widow/blackwidow/javelin.
    It also lacks the default armor penetration of the last 3.
    thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By thomasnash

@Tennmuerti: That's disappointing. Oh well, switch to hoping for Geth Infiltrator then.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By D_Bones

Thanks for everybody talking about the geth smg and the harpoon gun. Did anyone unlock the striker assault rifle? Man spent all day playing trying to get a new character and somehow after numerous hours am still krogan, turian, batarian and geth less. Stupid Charlie Brown I got a rock system.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By D_Bones

Sorry to keep going on about mass effect mulitplayer but wanted to share that i unlocked the Batarian soldier. What a beast. Blade armour and the spike shooting thing make him perfect for up close encounters. Can't wait to max him out and do some crazy damage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti: I see your point, but I disagree a bit.  

I agree that you don't want to be leading the way for the group with only the Geth SMG, because you're absolutely right--if you're caught out in the open trying to wind up the thing you'll get hammered before you have a chance to deal any meaningful damage. But I feel like there's a higher upside to the Geth SMG than to any of the other guns in its class, especially if you can get your target distracted with a drone or decoy. If you aren't taking fire and have an open look at a preoccupied enemy, the Geth SMG seems to do wonders. I play on Gold pretty regularly and in my experience it's been a fine weapon for my playstyle. Again, getting a decoy up to bait enemies away from you and using Overload has been a nice bread-and-butter trick to maximize usage out of the Geth SMG.  

But anyway. You mentioned DPS--is there somewhere I can look at the damage stats broken down numerically for the guns? I'd like to see how the science shakes out compared to anecdotal experience I've had. 
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@D_Bones: I got the Striker to V after getting it from every spectre/premium pack. It's worse than the falcon IMO in that it rarely stuns or stutters and has less of a AoE radius.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @HistoryInRust
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10712294
    -Both the Striker and Geth Plasma SMG fire faster the longer the trigger is held, up to their stated ROF.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html
    My problem is that even fully spun up it does bad damage.
    Any weapon can be used to set up tech explosions with Overload, why use an inferior one.

(like i said before it might outdo other SMGs due to continuous fire, but Hornet still leaves it in the dust)
    Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#95  Edited By Mnemoidian

Been messing around with the Resurgence stuff as well, dumped a bunch of credits into the premium spectre packs, got most items and all classes. Mostly silver, though - as I'm sick and tired of carrying randoms through gold waves at great cost in single-use items.

Character -Batarians (both): Not a fan. Has no combat-roll/side-step/dodge. Slow power-use. Heavy attack looks cool, but is the slowest heavy attack - as far as I can tell, at least. Blade Armor seems pretty pointless, but may be because of my playstyle. Don't really like how their armor looks either.

In a word - "Slow".

Character -Geth Infiltrator: I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best Sniper, though I still do better than average. Geth Infiltrator seemed very competent. Fast moving and dealing great amounts of damage. Not a fan of the Javelin's charge-up time, so stuck to my Widow X. Worked fiiine. Even with Hunter Mode on constantly and barely any (none?) points in fitness, I felt like I was in control and was able to evade getting into bad situations. Very fast power-recharge with Hunter mode too!

Character - Geth Engineer: Not tried, but I did got kicked out of a Bronze game lobby seconds after joining as a Geth Engineer without any sort of explanation. May have been my N7 rank (low 400s) or they were trying to get someone specific it, but first time that happened to me - so... huh, that happened. Have heard negative things about Geth Engineer though, but also heard good things about the healing of the Geth Turret.

Character -Krogan Battlemaster/Vanguard: Heh. This guy is a beast. Soloed a Silver match against Geth (on Condor), just to see if it would work. Yep.

Caused quite a few expletive comments as I was charging through silver games. Looks really dumb though, gigantic prawn? :P

Still trying to decide it it's worth keeping the Barrier up at most times or not. Probably is. Though I don't see any time I would detonate it - better to just charge again to repair your defense.

Character -Asari Justicar: Not tried yet, but Warp Bubble + Reave sounds like a pretty fun combo. Probably going to struggle to keep up with the mobility and sheer combo-power of the Asari Adept, but the area denial probably shouldn't be denied. I've heard there are problems with the bubble, with warp not being applied to enemies that are inside the bubble when it is created - they need to walk into it on their own. Seems like an oversight if true. Also annoying: You can't tell if an Asari Justicar is joining the match - as it'll be labeled as "Asari Adept".

Weapon - Striker: Has some potential, but... eh. Didn't feel like it did enough damage - I half-expected emptying a clip would pretty much clear a hallway. Either the clip is too small, or the damage is too weak - rarely feels like there's a reason to just shoot one projectile, and the ramp-up isn't great enough to give a "wow"-feeling. Would probably be hard to balance though, if it did. On the bright side, doesn't seem to suffer the crippling problems with disappearing projectiles like the Falcon (still!) is.

Weapon -Harpoon sniper: Fun concept, lots of risk/reward. Seems like too much work for the reward, though.

Weapon -Geth SMG: Not tested yet, typically don't use a lot of SMGs, but planning to try it out later.

Unlocked the Saber assault rifle while getting the Resurgence packs... have been using that to level characters to ~10 rather than any of the new weapons. *shrug*. More fun, more efficient :P

Map - Condor: Found it confusing at first, but really growing to like it a lot. The height-difference really makes it interesting. Though so far, everyone I've played with seem to be struggling to get a hang of the map, to the point where I was watching a group of level 17-20, N7 100-200 characters constantly fall over and die (dozens of times? >_<)... on Bronze. Always fun when you are playing a level 1 character, and was expecting an easy game. (after all, what can go wrong with a team like that!? On Bronze!)

Map - Hydra: Very open map, found it a bit frustrating to move around on, so far - but I'm sure I'll adapt sooner or alter. Mostly low cover, not a lot of separating walls. Extraction point seems particularly nasty with many, many paths leading to it, but still somehow backing you into a corner, hard.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

New operation this weekend, +10% exp when playing on the new maps and anyone playing this weekend will get a Reserves pack next week, containing a new race/class combo from the DLC.

Check it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti I see what you're saying.

That google doc is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch, duder!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.