Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So, the 360 Collector's Edition is sold out. Like everywhere.

• 75 results
    Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Garrus

Can't find the N7 Collectors Edition anywhere in my immediate continent. Time to look at local retail markets for this. If that fails then we'll just have to settle with the normal edition.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
    louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By louis0nfire

Pro tip: Go to Best Buy the morning games come out. They always have a half dozen or more collector's editions. Never, ever, have I not been able to get a collector's edition I wanted.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By napalm
    @Garrus said:

Can't find the N7 Collectors Edition anywhere in my immediate continent. Time to look at local retail markets for this. If that fails then we'll just have to settle with the normal edition.

Oh Garrus, you forget so easily. Just go to the Citadel and purchase a fresh copy from the nice Asari lady! Show her your... reach.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Karl_Boss

They make the cover art of the standard edition shitty on purpose.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By demarcon

The great thing about preordering months in advance from Amazon is the fact that they won't charge you until the day before the game is released. Stupid to wait on preordering a special edition you want until the day before.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I pre-ordered it at Gamestop just in case, but I'll probably get the standard early at a local store because the CE has nothing worthwhile beyond free DLC.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By DoctorTran
    @Napalm

@Kandycane2029 said:

@Oldirtybearon: Derp. I forget that some people don't pick up their copies immediately.

If you don't get it in like, forty-eight hours, they sell your copy awaaaaay!

Depends on the store. Where I worked they held onto pre-order copies for a week or two. Sometimes longer.
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Vonocourt

@Rudeboy217 said:

This is why I pre-ordered six months in advance.

I was gonna say that was overkill, but then I looked at my pre-order on amazon. June seventh.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By TheHT

This thread got me worried I wouldn't get my sweet hard copy. Some (few) games I just want to physically have, even though my ME2 collector's edition is collecting hella dust.

Pre-ordered a couple days ago, hopefully all goes well.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By WickedCobra03

I was going to pre-order in December or January, but by that time already, most of the CE's of the game were sold out all over the place. Kind of disappointing. I know they want to keep stuff limited, but clearly, there is still a demand out there.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Bumpton

Hah, this thread makes me wonder if I should just ebay my collector's edition when I get it and buy a regular edition for myself. I my have to look at prices...

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MideonNViscera

Who the fuck organizes their games so the covers face out, and not the spines? haha Anyway, I pre-ordered my CE from EB Games about a month ago. I specifically asked if they were sold out in a very suspicious tone and they said they weren't, so there's gonna be hell to pay if I don't get my CE.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By ttocs

I was able to get the game off Amazon a couple months ago. My local gamestop was sold out a while ago though.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lord_canti

this afternoon i got a email from gamestop uk sayin that they were taking pre orders for it and by the time i got to the site it was sold out

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tomkang

@lord_canti: Gamestop UK was sold out a few hours after the announcement that Game wasn't stocking ME3 came out.

I was very lucky to have reordered the N7 edition from sainsburys this afternoon

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Robo

I don't mind limits to CE preorders...but they need to limit them further. Only let people preorder half...maybe 2/3, the rest you better be willing to camp for. Let people put some work into that CE if they want it. From what I've heard so far, stores are only getting enough CE's to cover their reservations.

The last time I preordered a game far in advance it was MW3 at Gamestop. I was given no options other than my platform of choice. I even asked, "Are there CE versions I can preorder? There usually are." and was told, "They haven't announced them yet, but when they do we'll let you know...here, have a poster for being among the first to preorder it!"

Well I find out closer to the game's release that a CE version had been announced. I called them up to see if I could switch and they told me, "Oh, sorry, CE preorders ended a week ago, yeah they sold out in like one day."

I was pretty pissed. I mentioned that I asked before and was told I would be notified. They claimed emails went out to PowerUp members. I even pulled up my email to be sure I never got anything and yep, never got shit about that. They emailed me like 3 times a week for all sorts of other random bullshit but they couldn't get in touch with me to say, "Hey, looks like you reserved this game several months ago, orders are starting for the CE version soon if you wanna switch." I canceled the preorder and reserved another copy with Best Buy. Never been back since.

So yeah, fuck Gamestop...and we need more non-preorder CEs.

Also, all this shit has gotten kinda stupid.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hatking

@Robo said:

I don't mind limits to CE preorders...but they need to limit them further. Only let people preorder half...maybe 2/3, the rest you better be willing to camp for. Let people put some work into that CE if they want it. From what I've heard so far, stores are only getting enough CE's to cover their reservations.

The last time I preordered a game far in advance it was MW3 at Gamestop. I was given no options other than my platform of choice. I even asked, "Are there CE versions I can preorder? There usually are." and was told, "They haven't announced them yet, but when they do we'll let you know...here, have a poster for being among the first to preorder it!"

Well I find out closer to the game's release that a CE version had been announced. I called them up to see if I could switch and they told me, "Oh, sorry, CE preorders ended a week ago, yeah they sold out in like one day."

I was pretty pissed. I mentioned that I asked before and was told I would be notified. They claimed emails went out to PowerUp members. I even pulled up my email to be sure I never got anything and yep, never got shit about that. They emailed me like 3 times a week for all sorts of other random bullshit but they couldn't get in touch with me to say, "Hey, looks like you reserved this game several months ago, orders are starting for the CE version soon if you wanna switch." I canceled the preorder and reserved another copy with Best Buy. Never been back since.

So yeah, fuck Gamestop...and we need more non-preorder CEs.

Also, all this shit has gotten kinda stupid.

That's actually more of Activision's fault, but you know go ahead jump on the GameStop hate bandwagon.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Scotto

I wanted the CE of ME3, but only because I plan to get the day-one DLC anyway. The kind of lame looking regular case artwork doesn't bother me - I don't store my games face out anyway. Who does?

I usually actually like buying the regular version of games, because I like to have consistency in the cases. CE's almost always come in steelbooks, or weird cases with wonky dimensions. Tends to make them stick out like a sore thumb in the sea of neon green on my shelves.

But yeah - the CE is impossible to find anywhere. I guess I'll just go to the midnight launch, and hope my store has some on the shelf too. If not, then I'll get the regular version. I don't really care.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#71  Edited By KowalskiManDown

So glad GAME screwed up so that I could nab a copy from Shopto! No crappy cover for me!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Robo

@HatKing: Nah it was legitimately GameStop's problem this time...believe me, I resisted the GameStop hate up until that last straw. The problem there was they start pre-orders whenever they want. Pretty much as soon as the game was officially announced they penciled in a dummy sku simply for MW3 on whatever platform. All that mattered to them was getting that preorder in. Knowing that, I specifically asked what they would do when CEs inevitably were announced. I was told I'd be notified. They made little to no effort to do so, after all, they had their money (until I canceled said order). But enough about that.

In other news, I heard a Best Buy out here was getting 6 N7s (3 360, 3 PS3) that may or may not have been on hold for preorders. I was encouraged to show up at opening just in case. So I was there bright and early this morning and asked about them. At first I was told they were all pre ordered, but the guy offered to call up a manager and pull pre order info to double check for me (I know a lot of employees there).

After a little double and triple checking - as they really didn't want to screw up someone's order - it turned out they had ONE 360 copy that wasn't reserved. I snapped that bad boy up with the quickness. Apparently the last one in the area for now. They are taking orders for a second batch of N7s that should ship Monday though (and I believe that'll be it, and that's limited too).

By the way, I did give GameStop a shot, but every one in the area only got enough N7s to fill preorders and they had no plans of ordering second batches at all. I was told to come back later next week because if people didn't pick up their copy they would be selling them.

If all this seems poorly written it's because I'm tired as fuck.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DrMcKittrick

This is a game you do not wait till the last minute to preorder the CE of. It you did then it sucks to be you.

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By muktor

you can prolly get it on ebay but gonna have to pay higher price

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Was the standard edition supposed to come with an N7 T-shirt for those who pre-ordered?

rustyspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rustyspoon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.