Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

The Mass Effect

Avatar image for spectre_operative
    Spectre_operative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Well it's official. Today would appear to be the day that I become so exited about Mass Effect 3 neering that it hurts.

Spectre_operative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Spectre_operative

Well it's official. Today would appear to be the day that I become so exited about Mass Effect 3 neering that it hurts.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

I've had it since I finished Mass Effect 2

But before I play it I plan on finishing reading Retribution and the next book that's coming out soon

Oh and I've also got to finish reading the Evolution comics. Yeah I'm a huge nerd for the fiction of that universe, the books are pretty damn good, well good enough atleast. And I have yet to play the Arrival DLC

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Aetheldod

A new book ???? Damn Im way behind .... Havent read retribution yet :(

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

I can't get excited about that game after the stuff they've shown, I guess that doesn't even really matter since I won't have the cash to buy games for next few months anyway! : )

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Draugen

Happened a few days ago, when I realised the game is actually right around the corner. I've stopped watching trailers, because I felt I knew too much about ME2 going in. In a month I'll start from scratch with a new character in ME1, so I ready to walk him straight into ME3. :)

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@Spectre_operative: Yeah same thing happened to me about a month ago. Then I got it in my head my good Shepard should have grown up as a Spacer with his Alliance parents. So I started ME1 again and now i'm about halfway through ME2 with my new Shepard.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

Not yet, they need to show something exiting to me.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By N7

I've got a fever. And the only cure is MORE MASS EFFECT.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coafi

Yep, same thing happened to me today. After I checked that the last time I played ME2 was exactly one year ago, I decided to start a new play through with my renegade FemShep.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deathstriker666

You're going to be disappointed

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

Well I'm not very excited because if those rumours released not long ago are true the game sucks. I hope they were unfounded.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Sooty: But lets be honest, they probably are and it probably will. The only thing worse than a developer closing down is a developer who has made some of the greatest games in history, turn to making products like DA2 and ME2.
    Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Sniffulls
    @TheDudeOfGaming What's wrong with ME2? I can understand not liking DA2. It wasn't made very competently and definitely needed more time, but ME2 is a finely made game. Maybe not what you wanted, but still fun.
    Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sniffulls

Oh, I totally forgot to address the topic. I'm looking forward to ME3 quite a bit. Read all the novels and can't wait for the demo. I'm hoping the kinect-enabled squad voice commands well because that seems baller.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    @Venatio said:

I've had it since I finished Mass Effect 2

But before I play it I plan on finishing reading Retribution and the next book that's coming out soon

Oh and I've also got to finish reading the Evolution comics. Yeah I'm a huge nerd for the fiction of that universe, the books are pretty damn good, well good enough atleast. And I have yet to play the Arrival DLC

Retribution is excellent, but I though the evolution comics were just ok. It has some stuff in there that gets a little too coincidental for my taste, with a minor retcon from something mentioned in Revelation. I am also looking forward to Deception, though I am a little wary about a ME novel not written by Karpyshyn.
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    @Mago said:
    @TheDudeOfGaming What's wrong with ME2? I can understand not liking DA2. It wasn't made very competently and definitely needed more time, but ME2 is a finely made game. Maybe not what you wanted, but still fun.
    Yeah, I really hate it when people try to claim that ME2 sucks. I am perfectly okay with someone saying they didn't like the game because they didn't like the direction the series has taken, missed the deeper RPG mechanics, etc. But saying the game sucks is simply wrong. Judged by what it is and not by what some whiny Bioware "fans" wanted it to be, it is absolutely one of the best games of the current generation. I may not like fighting games, but I can acknowledge that Street Fighter IV is an excellent game, it's the same thing here. Just because it wasn't the deep tactical RPG that a small number of vocal players wanted it to be, doesn't make it a bad game.
    Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Wemibelle

I just lost my save files for Mass Effect and couldn't be more bummed.  Trying my hardest to find a way to get them back but I'm not willing to spend $70+ just to recover them.
    Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sniffulls
    @wemibelec90 You got 1 1/2 months, that's totally enough time to play through ME & ME2, right? I'm halfway joking there, but in all seriousness that sucks dude.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By canucks23

@Sooty said:

Well I'm not very excited because if those rumours released not long ago are true the game sucks. I hope they were unfounded.

God, those script leaks really killed any excitement i had for this game.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @ll_Exile_ll said:
    @Mago said:
    Yeah, I really hate it when people try to claim that ME2 sucks. I am perfectly okay with someone saying they didn't like the game because they didn't like the direction the series has taken, missed the deeper RPG mechanics, etc. But saying the game sucks is simply wrong. Judged by what it is and not by what some whiny Bioware "fans" wanted it to be, it is absolutely one of the best games of the current generation. I may not like fighting games, but I can acknowledge that Street Fighter IV is an excellent game, it's the same thing here. Just because it wasn't the deep tactical RPG that a small number of vocal players wanted it to be, doesn't make it a bad game.
    God damn it. So wait what, I'm supposed to say that i don't like the game, but that it's still a great game? Sure there are good aspects of the game, but overall, to me, the game fucking sucks. Also a small number of vocal players? Riiiight....And one of the best games, wait, best games of this generation? Ok, you know what, I'm done. You're right, it's the best fucking game ever created, and no other game will ever...EVER surpass Mass Effect 2, have fun. I'm off to watch Metalocalypse.
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    @TheDudeOfGaming said:
    @ll_Exile_ll said:
    @Mago said:
    God damn it. So wait what, I'm supposed to say that i don't like the game, but that it's still a great game? Sure there are good aspects of the game, but overall, to me, the game fucking sucks. Also a small number of vocal players? Riiiight....And one of the best games, wait, best games of this generation? Ok, you know what, I'm done. You're right, it's the best fucking game ever created, and no other game will ever...EVER surpass Mass Effect 2, have fun. I'm off to watch Metalocalypse.
    You completely missed the point, I said you are completely within your right to hate the game. But the game is almost universally considered to be excellent. It won numerous game of the year awards, including Giantbomb, and has an average review score in the mid 90s. Obviously not everyone likes the game, and even if the game is not within your tastes, an objective person can acknowledge that even though they may not like something, it is still a quality product that most people do like. Or, everyone else is wrong and you are the other vocal haters of Bioware's current direction are right.
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
    @TheDudeOfGaming said:
    @ll_Exile_ll said:
    @Mago said:
    And yes, it is one of the best games of the generation.
    Top Metacritic Scores of the Current Generation:
    GTA IV - 98
    Super Mario Galaxy - 97
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 97
    Bioshock - 96
    Uncharted 2 - 96
    Orange Box - 96
    Batman Arkham City -96
    Mass Effect 2 - 96

Say what you will about metacritic, the numbers don't lie.
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @ll_Exile_ll said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@ll_Exile_ll said:
    @Mago said:
    You completely missed the point, I said you are completely within your right to hate the game. But the game is almost universally considered to be excellent. It won numerous game of the year awards, including Giantbomb, and has an average review score in the mid 90s. Obviously not everyone likes the game, and even if the game is not within your tastes, an objective person can acknowledge that even though they may not like something, it is still a quality product that most people do like. Or, everyone else is wrong and you are the other vocal haters of Bioware's current direction are right.
    You know, majority rule doesn't mean shit. Mozart wasn't that popular during his life time, 200 years later he's a genius. But more on topic, you're the one who completely missed the point. Just because a lot of people like the game, doesn't mean that i can just say "oh ok, i don't like this, but because a lot of people do, it's awesome!". Does that mean that someone who likes Duke Nukem Forever should say that it's complete shit just because most other people think that? I can say that the cutscenes were pretty good in ME2, and the story was also pretty good. But to me the first game is much better, which is why i was so disappointed with the second one. 
    And by the way, opinions and objectivity don't mix.
    Edit: The user score is 87. Yes, there are a lot of retards "reviewing" games on metacritic, but I'd rather trust someone who probably wasn't payed off by EA. In any case, i still think the game sucks.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, that's great for you. My excitement levels for Mass Effect 3 dropped significantly after I read those leaked spoilers. They sound bad. Like, really bad.

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BC_

My excitement level dropped after I played Dragon Age 2. I'm really, really worried ME3 will disappoint.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doctorchimp

@ArbitraryWater said:

Well, that's great for you. My excitement levels for Mass Effect 3 dropped significantly after I read those leaked spoilers. They sound bad. Like, really bad.

@BC_ said:

My excitement level dropped after I played Dragon Age 2. I'm really, really worried ME3 will disappoint.

All things I take into consideration too...

Also at E3 they showed Shepard hopping into a turret and then he rolled around during the VGAs...

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Dany

I havn't read the leaked stuff but for what they've been showing, nothing has been grabbing me yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I haven't read anything that leaked but people saying that it completely deflated their excitement has me really fucking scared for ME3.

Spectre_operative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the fact that I was pretty happy with the whole Ashley/Kaiden situation after ME2 and can't see why they feel the need to bring them back I'm still fairly optimistic about 3. I was nervous as hell about the last one after I'd heard about all the stuff they were removing (I actualy tiked the Mako ond lifts) but that ended up being my favorite game of this generation. I'm content with being excited about it and not thinking the worst, Bioware haven't let me down yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.