Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

900p/60fps on Xbox One, 1080p/60fps on Ps4.

• 63 results
    hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@everettescott: There is nothing unreasonable about wanting to get the best version of the game you can get.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd go PS4, as I only really have an xbone for Halo. /shrug

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I'll probably save myself some cash and get the Steam version. I can more reliably get 1080p/60fps from my PC anyway, and from what I hear the PC version of Ground Zeroes worked fine.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4. Missed out on the collector's edition (one with all of the awesome stuff, including a model of Snake's robotic arm), but still have a copy of the Day One Edition coming on the 1st. Would get the game on PC (so I could have better settings/try mods), but I don't have a gaming PC as of now to be able to play it.

Gamestop put online orders for the CE up recently. I have the CE for PS4 coming through Best Buy with Gamer's club's but yeah my ps4 fans get kinda loud plus my best friend is getting the Xbone version eventually so I'm kinda torn about my choice (I also like achievements and don't care about trophies). I'll probably do my first play through on PS4 and pick up the Xbone version later after I sell the PS4 copy when I finish. If I had a PC I would get that instead. I already beat ground zeroes and its side missions on 360, Xbone and PS4. I'm ready to play this game.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc because i'm getting it for free, otherwise i would get it on ps4(only current gen console i own tbh). Ground zeroes ran fine and looked great on ps4 so i'm not that worried about the performance.

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado said:

...after seeing all of the little fixes in the gameplay demos (Snake doesn't snap straight up out of a dive, for example), I can't imagine they'd leave a major issue like that in place.

Snap straight up out of a dive? Do you mean the weird animation when you dive into midair off of a tower/building, or do you mean him getting up after you dive instead of crawling? (Or maybe something else I never noticed?)

I only wanted to mention that if it was the latter, that you can avoid that in Ground Zeroes just by letting off the left stick/equivalent movement control after hitting to dive (but before the animation finishes) and then reapply the direction you want to go to seamlessly move from diving to a crawl instead of having Snake get up, so I'd assume that would be the same in TPP. Sorry if I'm not addressing what you meant at all though.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, yeah, when I watched him do that in the FOB demo the first time, I wasn't sure if that was the climb/jump/action button or dive, but now that you mention it, it would make way more sense that it's a new dive animation.

I mean, I'd assumed that was something they'd fix in TPP given how much attention they usually pay to details like that, but it's good to see it in action.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: That's true and there's nothing to argue about that. I guess some people just go overboard about it is all.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what a surprise.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm still unsure as well, but leaning towards PS4. Generally I tend to prefer the XBO experience and controller, even with the reduced visual quality. However since I've played every single MGS game on a PlayStation, I still feel that it's a PlayStation series and should be played on a DualShock of some sort.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

PS4 cause well... its the only console I own. (But also since its the best console.) ;)

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered the 360 version, just cancelled the preorder as I've got my pc back up and running.

I'm hoping it allows Steam Family Sharing, because my brother is probably going to buy it.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 for me, because I don't own an xbox one. That being said I am really curious about what it looks like on 360/ps3, just not enough to bust out an old console and buy it for that instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.