Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

[MAJOR SPOILER WARNINGS] ingsoc.org, Black Hound Speculation

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

this is the worst troll post/theory in a long time.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Man if this were true it would be absolutely fucking insane. I want it to be true but I just don't know, man I JUST DON'T KNOW.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be a hilarious way to send off the series, but I don't buy this for a second.

But I'd be glad to be wrong.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was anyone but Kojima I wouldn't even give it a second thought... but the themes on display in the game and how it was marketed to us over the years, the Moby Dick studios thing, all the missing content and things like "Players can return to Camp Omega" and such not actually being there. And I could totally see the Konami/Kojima split being a ridiculous over the top ruse. Someone said Kojima's lies are big, in your face, demand your attention... tell me, who here has not heard about the Kojima/Konami thing repeatedly over the past 8 months? There was no way to escape it.

It could just as easily be true that Konami really is the worst and Kojima is done with them, but it would be such a goddamned EVENT if that wasn't the case. It would be a landmark in gaming we would not soon forget.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kojima has done weirder shit than an ARG/teaser thing. It's possible that something is happening tomorrow.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbob42: The biggest issue with that is that Konami is a multi-million dollar company that would not drag its reputation through the mud and risk lowering their stocks/income and losing employees because Kojima asked nicely.

Avatar image for thefantasticfillip
    TheFantasticFillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is almost certainly nothing. For one thing, the countdown timer is set by reading your local time on your computer. Go ahead and try it; set your date and time at the control panel then go and search the site. That alone is very amateurish.

Also, the countdown ends at 4:20 on 9/11. I think this is a bush-league impostor that has been catapulted to stardom by coincidences.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a piece of me that hopes this is true.

My logical brain knows it's probably not.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/11 could be the taboo thing that he said he would leave the industry over, if the audience doesn't feel he handled it well enough. The only other thing in The Phantom Pain that's considered taboo still is child soldiers and even that was in earlier MGS games. Hell 9/11 could be the Phantom Pain since most Americans still remember where they were when it happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
    deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is almost certainly nothing. For one thing, the countdown timer is set by reading your local time on your computer. Go ahead and try it; set your date and time at the control panel then go and search the site. That alone is very amateurish.

Also, the countdown ends at 4:20 on 9/11. I think this is a bush-league impostor that has been catapulted to stardom by coincidences.

What's your timezone? It ends on 8:20pm EST, not 4:20.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By xbob42

@thefantasticfillip said:

Plenty of timers go by your local clock. It's indeed a bit on the amateur side but you don't actually unlock it until it's ready, I've seen similar countdown "issues" with numerous big game announcements. Also it ends at 5:20, not 4:20. It's 4:20 PST... but we're in PDT, so it's 5:20.

@teddie said:

@xbob42: The biggest issue with that is that Konami is a multi-million dollar company that would not drag its reputation through the mud and risk lowering their stocks/income and losing employees because Kojima asked nicely.

On the other hand, all of this keeps Konami in the spotlight for well over a year so far... and if it ended with a fucking mind-blowing conclusion to the game and endless praise and continued discussion, I imagine their stocks would probably do just fine, as that would be totally unprecedented and reported everywhere. I'm not saying that IS the case, obviously the whole thing could be one big dumb hoax (Even though we've got some intriguing tweets from Kojima and staff... nothing concrete, but it fits really well.) but if it's not... it would be insane.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know if anyone ever saw the movie Remember Me with Robert Pattinson besides me when my girlfriend made me watch it, but I guarantee that movie handled 9/11 worse than Kojima would

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

This is fucking insane. If shit really is going down tomorrow then I need to get through Chapter 2 pronto

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just have no idea what they could add to the game.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Steadying

@dan_citi: An actual ending to the story told before Venom creates Outer Heaven. :P

Tonetta777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefantasticfillip said:

No, it doesn't.

Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/EuW0an3.jpg

and

http://i.imgur.com/Ek0IDi4.jpg

Still looks amateurish, but then again so did Ilovebees. That's kind of the point of doing a viral marketing stunt

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi: An actual ending to the story told before Venom creates Outer Heaven. :P

Big Boss creates Outer Heaven in South Africa using Venom's Seychelles-based Diamond Dogs as a petri dish, Venom being a conduit for Big Boss from Day 1.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69 chaser324  Moderator

I don't personally think that's really necessary. The brief flash-forward-ish thing at the end of mission 46 to the first Metal Gear is kinda enough for me.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as another connection to Ingsoc/1984, the room in which Huey gets tortured just happens to be called Room 101.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turns out to be MGO free 16 mb coin download

No Caption Provided

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just going to throw another hint here whether relevant or not i dont know.

but looking at the ProjectOmega567ch youtube channel it , it turns out that the channels first post was SEPT 12 2013. It just so happens the INGSOC.ORG reveal is going to be on SEPT 12 aswell (13 hours from now, not exactly SEPT 12 but close enough).

now, possible that the same creator is throwing people for a loop, or, a mega coincidence, but its something.

Dooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded a 70mb patch an hour ago OMG u guyz

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Spitznock

Lmao, you are my favorite person on the internet.

Also, if you go to the site and do a simple Google Chrome "show element" (technical terms. I'm clearly well versed in these things), you can see the line:

"!-- You're clever, but not quick enough. There will be future opportunities to leave your mark on the world of Black Hound, so don't touch that dial.--"

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to point out that the line starts with a MGS-esque exclamation mark, and contains "don't touch that dial", which is what I would assume (I don't get out much) a pretty famous line from the radio dialogue in P.T.. Radio dialogue which can also be found in MGSV if you go to the correct place.

(Follow the money.)

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm going to sleep now, and won't be able to post again until after whatever happens.
    Don't forget guys, hard facts can't melt dank conspiracies.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolute bollocks, just another Fallout style hoax.

Is what I'm telling myself so I don't get too excited.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When's the timer set to?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Well, the good thing is that we should know pretty soon if this is real or total bullshit.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Y'all got too much time on your hands.

Dynamitekyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

dunno if anyone has seen this

this is the thumbnail for the link, or at least was when I posted it into Discord

No Caption Provided

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

As much as I'd like to think Kojima would go to all this length for something like this, I think this is just too far fetched.

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I want this to be true just as much as the next guy but this just doesn't really add up for me.

Also apparently this exists: http://blackhoundgame.com/ Hosting info matches up with the insoc site too.

Seems like it's just a new game. A Kojima game? Who knows. Getting more MGSV (especially for free) seems very unlikely though.

Can't believe that there are still people who think that the whole Kojima/Konami split might be a hoax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rydemption: The creater of ProjectOmega567ch said it's his fanmade ARG. It has no connection to Ingsoc.

For me, the only thing still keeping this a slight possibility of being real is the mission 51 WTC shot.

Ydross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So were September 11 now. Anything came out of this yet?

codegremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ydross: There's a countdown on the website. Just under 7 hours left.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The console versions are at 27GB, but there's 6GB missing from the PC version.

Likely nothing. Or they're hiding something from people who can poke around on the PC. I'm getting invested.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By biggiedubs

For what it's worth, if you look at the source file for ingsoc.org there's this at the bottom:

<!-- You're clever, but not quick enough. There will be future opportunities to leave your mark on the world of Black Hound, so don't touch that dial.-->

Nothing at the bottom of what I assume will be the offical home page for the game.

I want ths to be real, mainly because I love crazy things like this, but the whole things look pretty amatuerish. I mean, I've been learning how to code in my spare time, and that source code looks like I coded it. And the logo is pretty awful too. Regardless, I'll be tuning in.

Cinnastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Cinnastar

Well it's either real or one of the most elaborate ruses I've seen. In August this was the page:

No Caption Provided

Additionally the images on that page are named:

I_will_be_coming_back.png, and_Im_bringing_my_new_toys_with_me.png

and are still on the site.

Too on the nose for Kojima? Maybe. If it's real I would put my money on some announcement about MGS5: Online which was delayed from launch.

Stand by FOX H.O.U.N.D.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh...I'm starting to freak out a bit:

That's the main US community manager. They've also found Keifer doing the station lines:

Shot of the Twin Towers at the end of the cut episode 51, with Eli saying his catchphrase ("It's not over yet!"), then shots of Venom's hand with a plane, and with Grey Fox's head? Then they find Kiefer doing the station lines, first said by Grey Fox?

I mean, it's all circumstantial, but with the amount of stuff pulled out of this game (Where's the Camp Omega revisit? What's up with Episode Two having mainly repeat missions?), it's possible we could see some sort of content update.

I'm putting one foot onto the Ruse Cruise, guys. Things are getting weird, and we'll find out in about six hours.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Mostly likely this'll come to nothing, or just be just a tease for something like MGO, but I'd love the countdown to reveal something like "Metal Gear Solid 5: Black Hound - A Hideo Kojima Game".

Maybe we haven't even seen Metal Gear Solid 5 yet, just Metal Gear Solid V(enom)... Probably not :p

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok the picture peeler posted of the robot arm holding the ninja helmet has me goin wtf over here.

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spoiler: its all bullshit

Pizzadestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: Gray Fox. Black Hound. Man this is probably all a bunch of hooey but it sure is fun.

VincentAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By VincentAvatar

Venom Snake is Frank Jaeger, Big Boss' most trusted lieutenant. That's why he is so fucked up at the end of things. That's why he doesn't show up in Phantom Pain (maybe? I think he doesn't).

VincentAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By VincentAvatar
    No Caption Provided

@vincentavatar: no really check out his model in Twin Snakes, dude has a milky eye just like Ahab at the beginning of Phantom Pain:

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Came home, in-lined the picture, added picture of Ahab.

THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL.

Pizzadestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Tonight, when we're soaking in the disappointment of whatever Black Hound is, take a few moments to watch Errol Morris' short documentary, "The Umbrella Man."

"If you put any event under a microscope you will find a whole dimension of completely weird, incredible things going on."

Also, if Black Hound turns out to be a non-mgs related project that remained silent through all of this, THINK OF THE HATE MAIL.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, if you look at the source file for ingsoc.org there's this at the bottom:

<!-- You're clever, but not quick enough. There will be future opportunities to leave your mark on the world of Black Hound, so don't touch that dial.-->

Nothing at the bottom of what I assume will be the offical home page for the game.

I want ths to be real, mainly because I love crazy things like this, but the whole things look pretty amatuerish. I mean, I've been learning how to code in my spare time, and that source code looks like I coded it. And the logo is pretty awful too. Regardless, I'll be tuning in.

I agree to an extent, because wasn't it Kojima who wanted P.T. to look purposefully bad so that he could make it seem more indie based? Granted P.T. looked pretty damn good, so they kind of failed at that.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: You should probably read the replies to that most recent tweet. It's nothing.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

@mirado: You should probably read the replies to that most recent tweet. It's nothing.

What makes you say that? "You only play as Snake, no other characters." - Kojima

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.