Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

X-Play review - 2/5: "the whole mess smacks of sexism"

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Stealthmaster86

Her opinion, her review. 

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

The cantina thing is a reference, it's called humor, NOT sexism. This wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the fact that Xplay frequently LAUDS games for REAL sexism. Games like Bayonetta, Ninja Guiden, etc. I cannot handle the obsession the industry (especially in the east) has with tits and ass. But calling sexism isn't any better than calling wolf.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By EliasT
    @Stealthmaster86 said:
    " Her opinion, her review.  "
    Also, this.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Trilogy

I stopped caring about xplay after their resident evil 5 review. This sort of stuff seems like more of the same. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @EliasT said:
    " You know what? After watching that, I totally agree, and the only reason your fucktard Nintendo fanboys are angry is because she didn't give it 5 stars, because GOD FUCKING FORBID someone has a different opinion then you and isn't a mindless tool that approves of every Nintendo game ever made. You fucking Nintendo fanboys make me sick, I hope you fuckers realize what really matters in a video game at some point in your lives you stupid shits. "
    Dude. 

Shut up.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Kombat said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " This review makes me want fucking barf, almost every goddamn character in today's video game world is sexist. Most men has a 6 pack and a huge upper body while the females are petite with huge tits, WHOOP DEE FUCKING DO.  Fuck you Morgan Webb and your abnormally small nose. "
    Again Abbie Heppe wrote the review, not Morgan Webb. "
    Fuck her to.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57  Edited By aurahack

What? You're telling me G4 posted a useless review? 

Whoa. This is news to me.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " You know what? After watching that, I totally agree, and the only reason your fucktard Nintendo fanboys are angry is because she didn't give it 5 stars, because GOD FUCKING FORBID someone has a different opinion then you and isn't a mindless tool that approves of every Nintendo game ever made. You fucking Nintendo fanboys make me sick, I hope you fuckers realize what really matters in a video game at some point in your lives you stupid shits. "
    Dude.  Shut up. "
    Eat a fucking dick, it's called freedom of speech and I have the right to use it. "
    I have the right to say shut up then. 

Acting like an asshole because your a sony fanboy doesn't help.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Tiwi
    @EliasT said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @EliasT said:

Dude.  Shut up. "
    Eat a fucking dick, it's called freedom of speech and I have the right to use it. "
    yeah you can. but being a troll will get you responses like that. when you use that kind of expressions, people usually react negatively. it's not a discussion if you're both cursing eachother out.

I don't even own a wii and I see that she's being bias. Samus worked under adam for YEARS, you're telling me they couldn't establish an emotional connection.
    if you are then:  Dude. Shut up.  
    EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EliasT
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "
    I have the right to say shut up then.  Acting like an asshole because your a sony fanboy doesn't help. "
    I'm not a Sony fanboy, I also enjoy PC and Game Cube.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Bones8677

I really don't like how the written reviewer and the video reviewer are not the same person. Because I don't know whose opinions are being shown in the video. Is it Morgan's or Abbey's? They should do it like how Giantbomb and other sites do it. You write a review, you make the video review. The only site where that doesn't happen and it works is Gametrailers, but that's because they have one person do the video reviews.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By IBurningStar

People still watch/read anything involving G4? I thought we all came to agreement that it is nothing but a pile of laughably bad journalism and moved on. Adam Sessler being the only exception, and hell, he wasn't even allowed to voice his actual real opinion on X-Play. He had to give "their" review.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "
    I have the right to say shut up then.  Acting like an asshole because your a sony fanboy doesn't help. "
    I'm not a Sony fanboy, I also enjoy PC and Game Cube. "
    Fine but I'm sure if she mentioned nothing of sexism but instead the gameplay and gave it 2 stars they wouldn't be as mad at her.  And rightfully so since you can make the sexist arguments for everything ever if you search enough.
    JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JazzyJeff

When I first read about this review, I was thinking, "Oh, God. Here we go." But after reading and watching the review, I'd say she backs up her points pretty well.

Avatar image for jediknight00719
    jediknight00719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By jediknight00719
    @TheHBK:  Dude you totally read my mind. 

I think she took the sexism thing a little too far but some of her points are valid.   I think the key problems is that she is super insecure, melodramatic and follows a guy's order of whens she can use certain weapons/powers.   

The whole made to look sexy thing is fine, most games with guy protagonists are super buff, but there are never insecure about themselves they are usually badasses.   

Although when you control Samus she is badass, she is protrayed in the CG as not being so, i think that is a valid excuse. 

Note: this is all based on what i have read and watched i have not played the game so i am basing my views on what i have heard.  If i am misinformed please inform me.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Bones8677
    @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "
    You picked Sony as you Allegiance, that's why your name is blue.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JoeyRavn

This is painful to hear. I'm listening to their justification for the review (which is sad in itself that they have to do it) and, man, they suck. "In real life, think about missiles and you'll recharge them!". Fuck, really? That's the way to review a game? Compare it to real life? What I find real funny is the reaction from the great majority of users of X-Play's site. "OMG TOTALLY RIGHT SEXISSSMMMM BURN BURN X-PLAY ROCKS!!!". Luckily, there are at least *some* people who see how blatantly trollish this review is. 

Go f*** yourself, X-Play.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68  Edited By DevWil

SC2 comments aside... 

i haven't played Other M and i probably won't anytime soon.  regardless of any sexism that might be in the game, the review came across as extremely immature.  very little objective criticism and a lot of being indignant and yelling "it's stupid!"

the review also said something about samus saving the universe half a dozen times...but isn't this only like the 4th game in terms of continuity? 

there's also the fact that there was/is very little about samus that is actually in any way feminine.  i'm sure tons of people didn't know samus was a woman until fairly recently (past 5-10 years).  ultimately, samus still solves problems the way master chief does: with guns. 

if you really want to get critical, a woman shooting the living hell out of everything isn't a strong female character in any meaningful way.  it's a typical male character who happens to lack a y chromosome.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By EliasT
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "

you can make the sexist arguments for everything ever if you search enough. "
    Not really.@JazzyJeff said:
    " When I first read about this review, I was thinking, "Oh, God. Here we go." But after reading and watching the review, I'd say she backs up her points pretty well. "
    Also this.
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Mystyr_E

I hope people don't get completely dismissive and vicious towards Abbie because she's a really cool woman and keep in mind, both Matt Keil (the guy in the 2 thumbs down video) and Adam Sessler both disliked the game so I do agree Abbie's review was poorly written, it's not as if she's the only hater of the game at that site

MrMuffinzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MrMuffinzzz
    @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "

" When I first read about this review, I was thinking, "Oh, God. Here we go." But after reading and watching the review, I'd say she backs up her points pretty well. "
    Also this. "
    she does make some good points, wtf is that hold a for health system anyway?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @EliasT said:
    Dude.  Shut up. "

Also this. "
    So you found someone who agrees with you. 

Congratulations I can do that too. 

@DevWil said:
    " SC2 comments aside...  i haven't played Other M and i probably won't anytime soon.  regardless of any sexism that might be in the game, the review came across as extremely immature.  very little objective criticism and a lot of being indignant and yelling "it's stupid!" the review also said something about samus saving the universe half a dozen times...but isn't this only like the 4th game in terms of continuity?  there's also the fact that there was/is very little about samus that is actually in any way feminine.  i'm sure tons of people didn't know samus was a woman until fairly recently (past 5-10 years).  ultimately, samus still solves problems the way master chief does: with guns.  if you really want to get critical, a woman shooting the living hell out of everything isn't a strong female character in any meaningful way.  it's a typical male character who happens to lack a y chromosome. "
    I'm just annoyed that you had to turn this into a Nintendo fanboy thing. 

It's not, it's an "oh god another controversy" thing.
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DevWil
    @SethPhotopoulos:  chill out.  being indignant on the internet just makes any conversation turn into a flame war.  your tone is more immature than the one i gathered from the Other M review. 

thanks for agreeing with me.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @MrMuffinzzz said:
    she does make some good points, wtf is that hold a for health system anyway? "
    You could recharge your health fully using Power Bombs and Missiles in Super Metroid. But no one screamed "OMG IT TOTALLY RUINS THE GAME YOU CAN'T DO IT IRL!!!". When every major reviewer gives a game a good score, considering and despite its flaws, but you are the only one to claim it's sexist, stupid, pointless and you can't do what you do in the game in real life... well, you are G4, I guess.
    MrMuffinzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MrMuffinzzz
    @JoeyRavn: Jesus shit calm down, I never said it was sexist, I just dont like the mechanics you fanboy.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @JoeyRavn said:
    "Fuck, really?"

@JoeyRavn said:
    "Go f*** yourself, X-Play. "
    Hahahaha, what?

Just thought that was a really weird bit of self-censorship.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @TheFreeMan said:
    " @JoeyRavn said:
    "Fuck, really?"

@JoeyRavn said:
    "Go f*** yourself, X-Play. "
    Hahahaha, what?  Just thought that was a really weird bit of self-censorship. "

Shhhh, dude. I censor it because the second one stands out more, being in a single line. Don't blow my cover :P

@MrMuffinzzz: It's pretty clear I was talking about the reviewer, not you. But hey, if it helps your trolling, glad I could be useful.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Ace829
    @EliasT:  lol homeschooled
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The written review is much better, and does a hell of a better job at justifying it self.  As for that I'm not expecting much from any other review source when it comes to this game.

MrMuffinzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MrMuffinzzz
    @JoeyRavn: Wow, now i'm a troll? I just stated my opinion and I wasn't going around saying that this game was god! I can tell you have alot of anger pent up in you right now XD. If you love the game so much then why should you care about what any reviewer says. I can already tell you've been sucking nintendo's dick for a long time now. also typing in "OMGWTFBBQ THIS GAEM SUCKS!!" as everyone that is opposing you doesn't help your case one bit. It just makes you look stupider than you already are.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#81  Edited By apathylad
    @MrMuffinzzz: The recharging health and missiles is likely a response to the regenerating health so many action games have nowadays. 
    MrMuffinzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MrMuffinzzz
    @Apathylad: whatever happened to health packs?
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @MrMuffinzzz said:

" @JoeyRavn: Wow, now i'm a troll? I just stated my opinion and I wasn't going around saying that this game was god! I can tell you have alot of anger pent up in you right now XD. If you love the game so much then why should you care about what any reviewer says. I can already tell you've been sucking nintendo's dick for a long time now. also typing in "OMGWTFBBQ THIS GAEM SUCKS!!" as everyone that is opposing you doesn't help your case one bit. It just makes you look stupider than you already are. "

There, I hope you're full. Not gonna feed you anymore.
    MrMuffinzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MrMuffinzzz
    @JoeyRavn: Of Course, it was my pleasure :D
    Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85  Edited By Stealthmaster86
    @MrMuffinzzz: I honestly don't know. I'm starting to miss them.
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DevWil

this could've been a mature, interesting conversation about gender politics in games. 

could've been.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By c1337us

I am really not going to care if the game is sexist if it plays well. I don't really care about reviews scores either and at the end of the day I really hope that "is this game sexist?" doesn't become a part of reviewing criteria.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#88  Edited By psykhophear

I've stopped listening to X-Play years ago. Their reviews and ratings on games have grown to be so cruel, so insulting and so unprofessional. They think they're like the king of game reviews who can simply spit out whatever they want in public.  

God, it's so painful to hear Morgan Webb bitching and moaning about Metroid: Other M in that annoying and sarcastic tone of hers. Though I admit that the game may involved too much of Samus talking, which can be a bit odd to Metroid fans but criticizing about her sexism? That's just stupid!  You made a very good point,   @Apathylad. So ironic to hear Morgan Webb bitchin' about it when she herself posed for Maxim and FHM. And complaining about Samus' thoughts on other characters in the game? What's wrong with that? What's wrong with being curious with the people you are working with? 

X-Play has gone too far. Morgan Webb is talking crap just to boost up the show's ratings and make her sound cool, but guess what? It doesn't work! You and the rest of G4 can go eff yourselves. 

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Three0neFive
    @DevWil said:

" this could've been a mature, interesting conversation about gender politics in games. 

could've been. "

... But then X-Play had to get involved.
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#90  Edited By OneManX

I know it's kinda late, but the whole stripper thing couldn't of mattered much... if the game still got a 5/5 and Morgan has said herself she loves the game.

But yeah, someone said it earlier, read the written review, the video review is only a small, small, SMALL summary of the game. From hearing Abbie do a lot of Feedback podcasts on G4, I tend to trust her opinion, so when reading the review, I get the feeling of someone who knows their stuff.

But this seems like one of those games where, critically, is gonna be split (Brad gave it a 4), but I think most people are gonna enjoy this game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#91  Edited By Hailinel
    @DevWil said:
    "this could've been a mature, interesting conversation about gender politics in games. 

could've been. "

Given the inflammatory nature of the review, I doubt it.  It's hilarious how short-sighted it is, really.  Is Samus not allowed to display weakness or any sense of being feminine (stereotypical sense or otherwise) because some people have viewed her as an emotionless robot badass for two decades?  She's a human, and Metroid creatore Yoshio Sakamoto has had an idea of what Samus is like in terms of personality for a long time now.  It's worth it in allowing him to tell the story he wants to tell about the character he knows better than anyone else.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#92  Edited By jacksukeru
    @animateria said:

"  it's pretty sad to see Samus turn into a stereo-typical female character (And a very Japanese one at that). "

This is how I feel also.

I also think that the "Less is more" approach the Metroid series has been using for lot of its story has caused players to impart Samus with their own vision of what she should be. I'm pretty sure I've read more than one magazine article that talked about how she is a rolemodel for female videogame characters (what with her gender being obscured in the first game, her armor being somewhat gender neutral and her saving the world singlehandedly whilst not taking orders from anyone), So it's no surprise to me that we see people getting upset when their image of her is suddenly tainted by this, supposedly now canon, representation of her. 

I can't really say more right now because I haven't played the game. I'm still expecting to enjoy it, both gameplay and story, though the latter will probably have me rolling my eyes every so often, or just sigh dismissively.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I stooped watching xplay when there channel started to show stupid shows.  

There reviews carry no weight at all. 

X-Play is now shit and thinks way to much of its self. 

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Snipzor
    @Hailinel said:
    " @DevWil said:
    "this could've been a mature, interesting conversation about gender politics in games. 

could've been. "
    Given the inflammatory nature of the review, I doubt it.  It's hilarious how short-sighted it is, really.  Is Samus not allowed to display weakness or any sense of being feminine (stereotypical sense or otherwise) because some people have viewed her as an emotionless robot badass for two decades?  She's a human, and Metroid creatore Yoshio Sakamoto has had an idea of what Samus is like in terms of personality for a long time now.  It's worth it in allowing him to tell the story he wants to tell about the character he knows better than anyone else. "
    That's called bad writing. You see, inconsistencies in characters is generally seen as a bad thing, and when the inconsistencies leap towards making the character look weak and emotionally stereotypical, there is a serious problem that is being overlooked. Plus, she was calculated, not emotionless, there is a difference. 

That's my first contribution to this issue, I think the complaining about the review (Which is an opinion, I might add) is kind of stupid, especially since all the complaints were complaining about the bringing up of thematic elements as problematic. Seriously, can we one day have a discussion about the portrayal of anything in videogames concerning how it's very pulpy and perhaps too pulpy without any real diversity? I guess not...
    zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zepp
    @pectoral said:

" "I also want to mention a more personal problem with the game. I take issue with the holographic stripper in the background of every shot in the cantina. There are normal female characters in the game, but every time you go to one area of your ship, the only thing moving is an undulating hologram of what looks like a blood elf with a boob job. Maybe they didn’t expect women to ever play this game, but they’ve created a self-fulfilling prophecy. She’s distracting, completely unnecessary to the story or atmosphere, and makes me think that Blizzard needs to hire more women."   This part is incredibly ironic coming from a woman who has posed in several men's magazines.  "

I think it's stupid that she's freaking out about something that was only put in the game as a nod to WoW players. I'm a gal, I saw that shit and laughed, it's funny. Don't get me wrong I'm all for female equality and all that jazz, but this was just a JOKE!!! I guess she doesn't play WoW...
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @zepp said:
    " @pectoral said:

" "I also want to mention a more personal problem with the game. I take issue with the holographic stripper in the background of every shot in the cantina. There are normal female characters in the game, but every time you go to one area of your ship, the only thing moving is an undulating hologram of what looks like a blood elf with a boob job. Maybe they didn’t expect women to ever play this game, but they’ve created a self-fulfilling prophecy. She’s distracting, completely unnecessary to the story or atmosphere, and makes me think that Blizzard needs to hire more women."   This part is incredibly ironic coming from a woman who has posed in several men's magazines.  "

I think it's stupid that she's freaking out about something that was only put in the game as a nod to WoW players. I'm a gal, I saw that shit and laughed, it's funny. Don't get me wrong I'm all for female equality and all that jazz, but this was just a JOKE!!! I guess she doesn't play WoW... "
    I am guessing this is why they rated it so low. This is why I think no one should pay attention to the xplay review
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

From the 1UP review:

One of my only real problems with the "game" portion of Other M is the way you earn new abilities. Every Metroid game finds some way to strip you of your powers, so that it can slowly reintroduce them. But Other M's seems particularly ridiculous: you don't have an authorization. Apparently, you have access to all your weapons and armor upgrades from the very beginning of the game, but because the Galactic Federation is also on this mission with you, you can't use them until they say so. For a galactic bounty hunter, who's otherwise taking on the entire space station single-handed, that seems like a particularly unconvincing excuse.

In one early level of the game, I had trouble making it all the way through a lava-filled room, since my health was constantly depleting due to the heat. After dying three times, I finally broke through to the other side, killed some enemies to unlock the door to the next room, and only then did I get authorization to turn on my heat-resistant armor. If the only effect of better armor is to make you stronger and impervious to elements, why would you even turn it off in the first place?

Anyone honestly going to defend that stupid shit?  I'm actually surprised, and a little impressed, that xplay had the balls to call Nintendo on this.  1UP too, but they didn't dare give the game any less than a low "B" grade.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Gametrailers gamve it a 8.6 

So xplay is most likely just being stupid. I dont want to offend anyone. But it seems the game just offended this one women and she gave the game a low score cause of it. 

DrDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DrDoctor

It sounds like whoever wrote this review had their objectivity torpedoed about an hour in, and never recovered. Leaving all of the sexism commentary aside (real or no, that is kind of a matter of interpretation), I don't think the game actually got a fair review by X-Play because the reviewer was so turned off early on by her impressions (again, real or no is irrelevant). Kind of a bummer for the game, but the vitriol within the review says to me "There was a worm in my popcorn, so I barely got a chance to watch the fucking movie!"

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#100  Edited By jakob187

OH HAI XPLAY I HURD U LIEK MAYKIN KONTROVRSEE!!! 

I haven't played the game, so for all I know, this is a totally accurate review.  However, I just don't think that is the case here.  Between Sessler's uproar about Resident Evil 5's "racism" to G4's females constantly yelling "sexism" in many of their reviews of games involving females as leading characters, it's an utter shame that they can't just honestly review a game without finding some sociopolitical bullshit in a game with no sociopolitical bullshit to be found.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.