Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overwatch

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 23, 2016

A sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter from Blizzard, in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities. It was later discontinued in 2022 for the free-to-play sequel.

Bored Already

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChunkyGerbil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else? I think I was tricked by the beta hype.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

If you bought the PC version directly through Blizzard, you have two weeks from today to request a refund.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

You were tricked by the beta itself or the buzz you heard about the beta?

If you played the beta I think it was a pretty good idea about what the final product would be. They've been pretty transparent about what the product actually is so you could make an informed decision.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's different' from the beta? I had a good time playing it

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you play the beta? Don't really see how you didn't get bored with that, but got bored with it now after not even a day.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a new TF2. Not sure why people not into that sort of game thought it would hold their interest.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disliked tf2 but really enjoyed the overwatch beta.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flasaltine

Play with some friends. It was much better for me when I did that during the beta.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grixxel said:

It's a new TF2. Not sure why people not into that sort of game thought it would hold their interest.

I mean to be fair I'm not really into TF2 in the slightest and think this game is rad.

Though yeah if you were exposed to be beta at all I don't see how you didn't make a decision before buying it.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nadril

I already put in probably ~3-4 hours and I'm still really enjoying it. Looking forward to ranked getting in too.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, but if you got bored this fast this is on you. A consumer should at least be able to figure out whether a game like this will entertain them more than a couple hours.

Don't make blind purchases in the future.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I'll say is that I can very easily see how this game will suffer from not having an open server environment. I wouldn't say I'm tired already, but the map/mode selection is pretty damn minimal.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@zeik said:

Sorry, but if you got bored this fast this is on you. A consumer should at least be able to figure out whether a game like this will entertain them more than a couple hours.

Probably not blind, impressions have been fairly positive.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:
    @zeik said:

Probably not blind, impressions have been fairly positive.

If you don't do any actual research into the game itself and buy it purely on positive impressions that's still a blind purchase in my opinion. There are countless games out there that have gotten plenty of praise from people that I know I would not enjoy playing myself.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet this is a troll post but it does raise the question of Overwatch's longevity. I'm personally struggling to imagine people stiking with this game for months. It just seems too static. It doesn't have the hooks of League, Dota, counter strike, CoD, Battlefield or Destiny that keep people coming back.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zeik

@pyrodactyl said:

I bet this is a troll post but it does raise the question of Overwatch's longevity. I'm personally struggling to imagine people stiking with this game for months. It just seems too static. It doesn't have the hooks of League, Dota, counter strike, CoD, Battlefield or Destiny that keep people coming back.

It will be getting regular updates, so it's not "static". But how well and frequently Blizzard decides to put out updates will likely play a big part in its longevity.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

majority aren't, congratulations.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Honestly all Blizzard games stick around regardless of their perceived longevity. Diablo 3 was one of their biggest launch disasters and was incredibly simplified yet it still sold like 20m units and has millions playing it each day. I think it's got to do with the long term support Blizzard gives their games whether it be expansions or free updates, they keep that IV drip running to maintain interest. Their games aren't complex design machines that require a lot of mechanical and reactionary skill with a large knowledge base like mobas or a fighting games. They do however keep the content stream steady which keeps the interest levels among a larger mainstream audience steady.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

person starts thread, person leaves thread.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

Probably. If you ain't hooked by the gameplay, then there's really nothing else there for ya.

Might as well get the refund while you can, if you really think you've made a mistake.

chiefbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems like a poor mans TF2...reeefund!!!Never seen a game so driven by hype,but dooms multiplayer sucks yea....smh

ChunkyGerbil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played TF2 for hundreds of hours, and plenty hours of the beta, so I knew what I was getting into. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I just hit my limit during the beta. It could be the lack of a dedicated servers turning me off. Although I haven't tried playing with a group yet, which would probably fix the annoyance of bad teammates.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Boy, I really didn't expect the #hottakes to begin this quickly.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't wait to play overwatch aka the new time splitters.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7 said:

Boy, I really didn't expect the #hottakes to begin this quickly.

Yup! Watch out, they're still hot! Don't hold them too long! Yowza!

Really though, get a refund OP. You should really get your money back if you're bouncing off it within hours of it being launched.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sodapop7: It's a huge game. We are gonna get the entire spectrum of hyperbole and knee-jerk reactions.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I got my fill during the Beta. Maybe I'll come back to it if they add some more unique modes and maps in the future. But it wasn't different enough from TF2 (which I've already played to death).

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Maybe you should have played the beta?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: People still play CS1.6 and CSS to this day despite there being CS:GO. In fact 1.6 does better daily numbers than Source.

Games like those and TF2 show that games can remain static but still keep people coming back because the gameplay is solid.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be more into it if the gamepad aiming weren't abject garbage. Consistently landing shots with the more precision-focused characters is a joke.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like Destiny/the Division. People who get hype play the living crap out of it are bored within a few days.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riiiight ok then. Seems a bit like a trollish post to me.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be more into it if the gamepad aiming weren't abject garbage. Consistently landing shots with the more precision-focused characters is a joke.

Well its a PC game through and through. Much like TF2 was terrible on consoles, this is as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b
    deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda with you, OP. I actually did put down a pre-order on it (I know, never pre-order... But Best Buy gives you a $10 credit plus my member discount sooo...) because I enjoyed the beta but then Sunday rolled around and my hype just fell off. I think this is going to be an excellent game for competitive folks who have four tight-knit friends. This game is made for the WoW vets who have a long-standing group of guild friends to roll with. For a solo guy like me I kinda got what I wanted from the beta. I got to see the pretty animations and the characters in all of their available skins, I got to see the stages. It was neat. I just kinda wish it wasn't Team Fortress. Maybe if they add some co-op style stuff in the future I might give it another go.

Hilariously I got myself a $15 copy of Battleborn (I know, they aren't really similar games at all but since everyone else seems keen on comparing them...) and I've been enjoying that quite a bit. Yeah. I like Battleborn more than Overwatch. It's a good thing I'm not in High School anymore or I'd be hanging from the b-ball hoop by my lacy panties.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish this game had modding and customs like TF2, that's what kept me going back to it.

That's not really Blizzard's style though, so it's fine I guess.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dukest3: Yea, some people seem to put in mad hours in a week and then they're bored or 'finished/completed it' (with a multiplayer shooter?!).

@skytylz said:

I wish this game had modding and customs like TF2, that's what kept me going back to it.

For their RTS it is. *mumbles something about DOTA*

Would be interesting to have an editor like in their RTS games for custom stuff next to the matchmaking. As long it doesn't replace it.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skytylz said:

Wait, is there not a server browser for this game? I haven't really paid much attention to it other than some general stuff.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always Battleborn...?

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Nime

I'm enjoying it quite a bit but not in love with it. I don't think the shooting feels that great with some characters - not enough oomph to the shots and I dislike how limited the movement is. Playing with a stack of friends is fun but I'm already hating solo queueing. So many games are purely unwinnable based on your teams bad comp and thats pretty lame in pubs. Having games with two widowmakers and a hanzo on my team just kills any fun for me. Also each hero feels sort of shallow. I know that's because of hero switching but I'd prefer fewer, more complex heroes. Overall the gameplay just doesn't feel that deep to me. Sort of the Titanfall situation - super fun first impression but it will start wearing thin sooner rather than later.

I probably seem overly down on it in the face of the insane hype and praise around the game but I do think it is a really good game, just not an amazing one. Everything I like about the game has already been covered 100x over already by the avid fans, so I'm trying to work through the negatives in my mind. I am happy to own it and will enjoy playing with friends. But as someone that routinely gets super deep into multiplayer games and has over 1000 hours in several, there is no chance this game is going to hit the list. And not that all games need to give me 1000 hours to be good, I was just hoping from the outset this would hit that mark again and it is clearly not designed to try to do so.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game does what it's trying to do very well, but i can't get into a shooter with a bigger emphasis on team ability combinations over individual players seeing success. To promote team play people take a lot of damage which in turn makes you feel weak, if you're one of the many characters with weak offensive abilities all player encounters can feel helpless, like a moba the best you can do alone is slightly chip away at people, i see a lot of players using the sniper or other higher damage characters to aim for success, i just think it's fairer, more fun and faster paced to play a game where everybody has that damage potential by default.
    Nothing against the game it's very well made, just not for me.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there such thing as a click bait thread? It's one thing if you don't like the game, but bring something to the table so that we can have a conversation....

Anyway....

If anything I would just like to see some more modes and more social features. Right now the game is amazing, but it needs more features to maintain the player base.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:
    @grixxel said:

I mean to be fair I'm not really into TF2 in the slightest and think this game is rad.

I'm the other way around, I enjoyed TF2 and just the beta alone was enough to make me bored of Overwatch.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm pretty sure that I called this kind of statement of "I'm already bored with Overwatch" yesterday in a Battleborn thread.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46  Edited By mike

Is this now just the topic for people who aren't playing or don't care about Overwatch to pop in and say that they aren't playing or don't care about Overwatch? I think this one has about run it's course. I would be more inclined to leave it open if a bit more effort was put into the original post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.