Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overwatch

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 23, 2016

A sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter from Blizzard, in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities. It was later discontinued in 2022 for the free-to-play sequel.

Your favorite hero?

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By shivermetimbers

Poll Your favorite hero? (1278 votes)

Bastion 2%
    D.Va 12%
    Genji 2%
    Hanzo 2%
    Junkrat 7%
    Lucio 9%
    McCree 3%
    Mei 6%
    Mercy 10%
    Phrah 7%
    Reaper 1%
    Reinhardt 4%
    Roadhog 6%
    Soldier:76 3%
    Symmetra 2%
    Torbjorn 3%
    Tracer 6%
    Widowmaker 2%
    Winston 1%
    Zarya 5%
    Zenyatta 5%

Which character/hero is your favorite and why? Mercy gets my vote, but that comes with the caveat that I am weird and don't particularly enjoy the game's combat feedback too much (it feels really limp, IMHO). It's just fun to heal people and be on top of everything.

Widowmaker is a close second cause her sniper is fun and I like her mobility. Tracer is fun, but her health is a bit too low and revolves a lot around boasting around. I should try McCree, too. I kinda get irked when I hear "It's High Noon!", but that's just me.

What are your thoughts on the game as well?

• 
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@frodobaggins: I found the following guide on youtube and it helped me practice and improve my aiming, which, with characters like McCree and Parah can be deal breakers. I am not sure if it will help you or it is below your current level:

Loading Video...

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hermes: hey thanks for the video. I don't tend to use characters like McCree, Widow, Hanzo or Genji simply because I don't think my aim is good enough, even though I'm probably well above average. It just never feels right, I tend towards the characters with larger reticuls such as Reaper or Roadhog, or characters where super good aim isn't required such as Winston. I may give this a go, and see if I see any improvement.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. It is crazy to think that I voted Symettra back when this was originally posted. She was my first favourite, now I never use her. I was playing a shit ton of Mercy before she got nerfed, now I tend to go for Lucio more often than not. If I can I like playing McCree or Soldier for offence (I usually can't since no one seems to want to play tank or support anymore so I usually end up going with one of those).

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n00bs7ay3r: yeah I voted for Torb. Now it would be between Zen, Roadhog, Reaper or Winston.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only go this last week after a lot of pressure from from some friends, so I don't have a lot of experience with most of the heroes, but Tracer is so far my favorite. It's one of those things where she can be so f'ing obnoxious on the other team so it's great to be able to do that to your opponents. The only knock against her is that I don't think her ult is very good, but I can live with that.

Otherwise most of the heroes seem fun to play, even if I'm terrible at them. I personally want to get gud with Zarya. You don't see her very much but when I've seen her played well she can single-handedly shut down entire teams.

The only hero I really haven't enjoyed playing is Pharah - she seems fragile, moves slowly, her projectiles move slowly and her mobility options seem to make her more of a target than help her move around the map. Part of that is that I haven't figured out how to use her yet, but I also wouldn't say I've had a lot of matches where I seem someone else making her really useful either.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reinhardt, although I hope he get a buff of some sort soon now that "everyone" has learned to pick him apart and Ana can make his targets more or less immortal.

I also had some luck with my drops so I'm sporting the Lionhardt skin, the "Let me show you how it's done"-voice line and the Flex emoticon. So ,my Reinhardt is rather confident before each round.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I haven't play Overwatch. I do love Genji's designs. Reminds me of Snake Eyes from GI Joe.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't update the post to add Ana, so I'll leave that up to a mod. Been out of commission in the video game world, so how does she play? Might play some soon.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't update the post to add Ana, so I'll leave that up to a mod. Been out of commission in the video game world, so how does she play? Might play some soon.

She's definitely my favorite healer to play, even if she is not always the most effective healer to play. (Especially if you're solo healing.) I just really like that she has some decent defensive options. I hate playing Mercy so much, because if someone jumps you you're at the mercy of your team to save you and they almost never fucking do. Her super is also pretty fantastic if you use it on the right hero.

My aim is kinda shit, but fortunately you don't need to be particularly accurate to heal. Landing the sleep dart is another matter though.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A dozen hours in, I've only played Genji. I'll only ever play Genji.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After about 80 hours of playing across xbox and pc my top 5 are probably Dva, Junkrat, Pharah, Lucio and Symmetra

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

A dozen hours in, I've only played Genji. I'll only ever play Genji.

Would it be elitist to tell you that's not a good idea

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#213  Edited By csl316

@frostyryan: It's fun, I know how the other character abilities work, and I tend to do well. Seems fine to me.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I voted for Bastion when this was first asked, but now I have to say my favorites are D.Va and Reinhardt.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the game was in beta and some time after release I used to stick to the same handful of heroes but I started to diversify a bit more and I'm having so much more fun.

Zarya is now my go to Tank, Lucio is my default Healer and I hate how much fun I'm having with Genji. Mei and Pharah are still my most played heroes but now I can say I have at least two or three heroes I'm confortable with for every role.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winston is climbing his way up my most played time in competative, number 3 or 4 now I think. Such a good counter on attack to the usual Reinhardt defence game plan.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally voted for Tracer but for the last few days I've been discovering the joys that are Symmetra. I don't know why they classified her as a support character since I think she's really more about defense. Between turret nests, a high-damage primary weapon and a teleporter, she can really lock down an area when defending.

I still don't like Pharah.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Has anyone noticed that when you bunny hop as genji you can jump significantly higher than his normal double jump? Example: jump, the instant you land jump again, if youre successful your second jump should be a fair bit higher than the first, then jump again mid air for even more height. It kind of seems unintentional ; almost like the game is treating the second jump as both a normal jump and a mid air jump.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FrodoBaggins

With the end of season one drawing near, which hero, if any, are you hoping to get the golden gun for? I'm unsure whether to go Zenyatta or Winston.

AlpineSweat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reinhardt is easily my favorite. He does good damage and is always useful to have on a team. With a good healer and a good Reinhardt, you can hold down a lane for most of the match. I also love Mercy, but Reinhardt is so much fun.

Adam-Masters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpinesweat: Here's a guy I can get behind. (Reinhardt pun XD) But seriously, I love playing melee characters, and I think reinhardt is one of the better balanced heroes. I mean, all of the heroes are pretty balanced, but I guess some are more balanced than others.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By FrodoBaggins

@adam-masters: I love a quality Reinhardt, i really do. I'm rather average with him myself. The good Reinhardt players know it's just as much about offense with him as defense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.