Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

PS+ for March - Broforce and Galak-Z lead the month

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That seems awful quick for Galak-Z right? I'm kind of super glad I skipped over buying it on release now. I was hype for it until it got closer to launch and then following launch it just didn't sound like it was something I'd feel like paying full price for. Also, isn't chapter five still in development for it?

I voted for Broforce, looking forward to messing around with it. The rest I can take or leave.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Galak-Z does nothing for me, but that's a surprising title nonetheless. Huh.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I look forward to the year 2177, which is when I expect 17-bit to actually finish Galak-Z.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I voted for that android lady arena shooter thing, but Broforce looks OK. Though the whole ''bro culture'' style of humour doesn't really jive with me, perhaps even more so when it's stretched to the point of blatant parody like Broforce.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@yummylee: I think that is the exact reason it does work for me. When movies take hyper masculinity seriously its such a mirror to me of all the aspects of toxic masculinity that I abhor. Cranking it all the way to 11 to such parody extremes makes it funny for me because it just displays to me how incredibly stupid hyper masculinity is.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wowee, Galak-Z huh? That's a pretty stellar lineup.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By big_denim

Stoked to try out Broforce! I can finally remove it from my Steam wishlist.

I recently picked up Galak-Z for PC on the cheap, and I was shocked at my disappointment with the final product. It controlled nice enough, and I enjoyed the visual art style, but I thought the sound mixing was rather lacking to put it mildly. It needs a lot of help in that area if it wants to contend with some of the more recent rogue-lite/twinstick shooters that have been released for Steam/PS4. That being said, not a bad title to snag for free for PS+ users.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance this aligns with the release of season 5 for Galak-Z? Not that I'm likely to go back at this point, but it would be nice in principle if they did what they promised, however late it may be.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shit man I just bought Galak-Z. Shoot.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Galak-Z does nothing for me, but that's a surprising title nonetheless. Huh.

Same here, but it will look good in my game library next to all the other PS Plus games I never play.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited for Galak-Z.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

This is why I kind of hate digital games. I paid full price for galak z and was extremely disappointed with it, and now it's on PS plus. At least if it was physical I could sell it on eBay and get something back. Most of the times I'll get a game like the Witness where I liked it so much I don't mind paying full price/keeping it forever, but most games don't do that for me.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By bassguy

Glad that well-liked games are available for March, but neither one of the PS4 games personally interest me.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Galak-Z is a really good game...That I wish I hadn't bought a couple months ago now, because of this. Oh well.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

THE LAST GUY!?

Holy mother of pearl! Galak-Z is pretty great also, but wow, just wow.

Loading Video...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, that is the only non-football game to feature St. James' Park.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

THE LAST GUY!?

Holy mother of pearl! Galak-Z is pretty great also, but wow, just wow.

Hey, that looks pretty cool. Reminds me of Snake and that line game where you create sections to clear the field before stuff touches your line and kills you. Fuck, what was that thing called. I think you're actually filling in a space instead of clearing it. One or the other.

@theht: heyyyyyyy! you!

;)

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

On the ps blog post for this announcement, it says that there will be something to be announced regarding Galak-Z in the coming weeks. Hopefully season 5 is really soon. Perhaps even more DLC in the future?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the ps blog post for this announcement, it says that there will be something to be announced regarding Galak-Z in the coming weeks. Hopefully season 5 is really soon. Perhaps even more DLC in the future?

Could it be that they're somehow just going to offer up Chapter 1 from Galak-Z and you have to buy the rest? Would make sense considering how recently that game got released.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I doubt it. They'd have said it if that was the case.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that some of the games on this month's list are really good, but I also miss when the Instant Games Collection screen used to look like this, in a single month, for PS3 alone:

No Caption Provided

As I said, there's some good games for March and I'm really curious to try them. Galak-Z got a lot of love from Giant Bomb and I also remember the guys having fun with Bro Force on an UPF. But looking at the overall list for the three platforms, I think this month is a bit disappointing.

Personally, I got my PS3 so late in it's cycle that I wouldn't mind getting a few good old classics for it. Some of them are already so cheap that I think Sony could probably get them for PS Plus.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: They did it with Kings Quest but then again I don't really know how Galak-Z is structured or if piecemealing it like this is even possible. It certainly would be a sneaky move.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could never finish Broforce as the final boss level and my laptop strongly disagree with each other, so I look forward to playing that game through again.

And Galak-Z is one of those games that, although I'm interested in playing it, I never would have bought, so that's a great get for me. Super curious to see if I like it.

The PS3 selections... well... I guess they'll make for decent podcast games.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Kings Quest was designed to be sold piecemeal like that, and also only had episode one out at the time. Galak-z isn't designed that way and isn't available that way at the moment. I don't see them doing work on it to make it available by the chapter.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z

Alot of games launch as PS+ so I think Galek-Z had its run.

Also THE LAST GUY. I wonder if they're straight up listening to PS I Love You XOXO to find some of these games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.