Portal 2 is basically GotY so far... right?

• 115 results
#101 Posted by Dan_CiTi (5236 posts) -

It's one of the best games that has come out this year. That's for sure. It deserves some awards at least. Probably for writing. 

#102 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3331 posts) -

I see plenty of games on the horizon that could take that title, but Portal 2 is definitely going to be in my Top 10 list. No effin doubt.
It's definitely game of the year material in my book, just keeping my eyes on the big games ahead that look promising.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
#103 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7598 posts) -

It annoys me to see certain magazines and websites hype the game as "GoTY 2011".

April isn't even over yet and there are a lot of good games still coming..  Arkham City, Guild Wars 2, Uncharted 3, the Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim Sword..  Far too early to be calling anything Game of the Year.
#104 Posted by Vinny_Says (5914 posts) -

so far? LOL

#105 Posted by BaneFireLord (3570 posts) -
@demontium said:
, and Skyrim might pose something.... 
And this is why  Portal is not going to be game of the year.
#106 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" It annoys me to see certain magazines and websites hype the game as "GoTY 2011".
April isn't even over yet and there are a lot of good games still coming..  Arkham City, Guild Wars 2, Uncharted 3, the Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim Sword..  Far too early to be calling anything Game of the Year.
"
Skyrim Sword, day fucking 1.
#107 Posted by DeeGee (2192 posts) -

Portal 2 will probably the funniest game of the year, sure. With ME3 and Skyrim coming out later this year though, it's not going to be my GOTY.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
#108 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7598 posts) -
@ryanwho: Well, I'm sure there'll be a mod for it eventually.
#109 Posted by sameeeeam (2469 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" It annoys me to see certain magazines and websites hype the game as "GoTY 2011".
"
Skyrim Sword?

No Caption Provided

#110 Posted by protomessiah (103 posts) -

Portal 2 is great no doubt, but many people have pointed out that there are a LOT of major titles yet to be released  this year. So far Shogun 2 is my game of the year, though it is more of a niche genre I guess. I also loved Mortal Kombat.

#111 Posted by bloodfarts (66 posts) -

Well, I've already crowned it  the Game of My Life.

#112 Posted by keyhunter (3208 posts) -

Duke, Gears, and Skyrim are all already better than Portal 2. And they're not even out yet. I dunno what the OP was thinking when he made this thread.

#113 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" Duke, Gears, and Skyrim are all already better than Portal 2. And they're not even out yet. I dunno what the OP was thinking when he made this thread. "
I guess he was thinking he'd compare a game he played to other games he played, instead of being like you and comparing a game he didn't play to a bunch of games not out yet.
#114 Posted by fuddles (88 posts) -

I don't think that Duke Nukem stands a chance, really. It looks like a blast, don't get me wrong, but it looks a little dated, as far as how it plays is concerned. 

#115 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -

For me, it's either Crysis 2 or the Tactics Ogre psp remake so far. Portal 2 is neat and all but it didn't quite grab me as it did with other people. Loved the first though.

I'm really hoping Deus Ex 3 will be my GotY

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.