Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Prey 2 Cancelled - Inside Source

• 175 results
    RanmaRanma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By RanmaRanma

Kind of neat? Everyone who I've ever heard talk about this game has had nothing but majorly impressed reactions. The game was looking to be phenomenal. I guess place this one alongside Pirates of the Carribean: Armada of the Damned that was cancelled too as another boneheaded cancellation. Maybe it's not true though. Get on it Patrick!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@MoseSSesoM said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Vodun said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Zaccheus said:

Fuck me, Bethesda puts out Rogue Warrior, but this gets cancelled? How bad could it be?

@kishinfoulux said:

This gets cancelled yet trash like Homefront 2 is being made. There is no justice in this world.

Well that's a bit of a stupid statement, isn't it? How do you know that Homefront 2 is bad when no one has seen it and it's even being made by a different studio? That studio is also Crytek and they have made at least decent games in the past.

Because the first one was garbage? I don't care who's making it. At least Prey was an interesting looking FPS. Homefront is just another military shooter.

If you judge a game by its predecessor alone then Prey 2 should get burned and buried at a crossroads.

Wait are you saying Prey 1 was garbage?

Pretty much.

I disagree. Prey was a lot of fun, had a decent story, an innovative gameplay mechanic that people chose to just look at the flaws in and not the potential.

It's a shame if they've puled the plug on this when Bethesda let shit like Brink get published. I can only think there must have been something godawful going on behind the scenes to cause this.

EODTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By EODTech

Hate to say it but this happens all the time even to games with good looking trailers, artwork, etc released already. Look at the cool videos from Dungeon Hero released a few years ago, and now it's vaporware. And we get nothing from Valve, they're like the sphinx, but it's looking like Episode 3 will never happen either.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By napalm

So Bethesda thought Brink and Hunted: The Demon's Forge were good investments, but Prey 2 somehow isn't? Is there any chance of the IP changing publishing hands or does Bethesda own it?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#155  Edited By Kidavenger

So a Dutch site that nobody has ever heard of reports about a twitter post some low end programmer made a month and a half ago and you guys buy into it? Surely good evidence that a 95% complete game is being cancelled for unexplained reasons.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Vodun said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Zaccheus said:

Fuck me, Bethesda puts out Rogue Warrior, but this gets cancelled? How bad could it be?

@kishinfoulux said:

This gets cancelled yet trash like Homefront 2 is being made. There is no justice in this world.

Well that's a bit of a stupid statement, isn't it? How do you know that Homefront 2 is bad when no one has seen it and it's even being made by a different studio? That studio is also Crytek and they have made at least decent games in the past.

Because the first one was garbage? I don't care who's making it. At least Prey was an interesting looking FPS. Homefront is just another military shooter.

If you judge a game by its predecessor alone then Prey 2 should get burned and buried at a crossroads.

Prey, at the very least, had an interesting idea. It wasn't some generic shooter. Also it seems a surprising amount of people actually liked Prey.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By BBQBram

@Kidavenger said:

So a Dutch site that nobody has ever heard of reports about a twitter post some low end programmer made a month and a half ago and you guys buy into it? Surely good evidence that a 95% complete game is being cancelled for unexplained reasons.

People! We don't know shit yet - relax.

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By MonkeyGekko

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#159  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @iWonder said:
    No Caption Provided
    Someone take this picture and put Scorpion in it.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#160  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I REALLY hope this is false and the game is still on track. I'm crazy hyped for this game.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By JCTango

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: If this story does become true, I don't think there would be a better cause (video game related) for kickstarter funds than this game!

GinjaAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By GinjaAssassin

When they demo'd it at E3, it looked fantastic! I feel like it had to be pretty far along. Although it was only a demo, it looked pretty clean and complete. If this is true (which I've already started to accept that it might be) I will be pretty bummed. I was really looking forward to this one...

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#163  Edited By Yanngc33

I was really looking forward to this. I hope this isn't true. The game seemed pretty far into development. If it gets cancelled by the publisher, let's hope someone else will pick it up and release it

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By MezZa

I will be completely disappointed if this game doesn't see the light of day.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By cronus42

So this topic is several days old now, still no verification? False afterall?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SlashDance

There's no reason not to debunk the rumor if it's not true. But there's still hope I guess !

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#167  Edited By Sooty

Maybe another publisher will pick it up, they'll rename it "Ice the Bounty Hunter and Party Planner" it will have Arrested Development cameos and references all over the place.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Funkydupe

PR stunt?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#169  Edited By hermes

I won't believe it until Bethesda or Human Head comments on it.

If true, its a pity... It was one of the most interesting games of last E3 and, by the look of things, it was pretty advanced into development.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Even though Bethesda has not confirmed it isn't cancelled yet, its Thursday afternoon and we STILL haven't gotten any news about it being cancelled, which is what the rumor stated that we'd find out this week.

My guess is, they're either trying to find someone else to finish it and Humanhead is being shutdown, or the game is probably going to go under a restart. Probably being too ambitious.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171  Edited By senorfuzzeh

This doesn't make any sense at all. I really hope this isn't true.

I was stoked for this game.

And by reading this forum I can tell alot of people were excited for this game aswell...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By napalm

@SomeDeliCook: I was going to say, didn't Bethesda specifically say they would comment this week?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#173  Edited By Kidavenger

The webpage for this game is gone, all the links from bethesda and prey2.com go to the game's facebook page now.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Catarrhal

@Kidavenger said:

The webpage for this game is gone, all the links from bethesda and prey2.com go to the game's facebook page now.

Yeah, but that had already been the case for weeks (if not months) before this rumor was started.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By mesklinite

That is crazy, I hope it's not true. The game looked really promising!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.