Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 26, 2018

The third game in Rockstar's Wild West-themed series is a prequel to the events of Red Dead Redemption, returning to the open-world action of its predecessor.

PC Version Announced - Coming November 5

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/4/20898689/red-dead-redemption-2-pc-release-date-steam-epic-store

Actually purchasing a copy will be a little convoluted, however. Starting October 9th, the game will be available for preorder through the newly launched Rockstar Games Launcher, and those who preorder before October 22nd will receive some bonuses in the form of two free classic Rockstar games, including GTA III, Vice City, and Max Payne 3.

At launch, the game will also be available via the Epic Games Store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop, and “additional digital retailers” with preorders starting on October 23rd. Steam, meanwhile, will be coming on later: RDR2 will launch through Valve’s store in December. The game will also be a launch title on the Google Stadia streaming platform in November.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird that it arrives on Steam a month late, that's not awful news, but it is where pretty much their entire PC fan base is. Just gonna spite them for... reasons...

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BonelessSpirit

@cikame: Epic offers higher profit share.

PC fans will go over to whatever other launcher that provides their games first.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Not thrilled with this. Maybe release the game along with the console version or at least in the same year.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mellotronrules

neat. parsing the distribution is a lil funky, but glad to see it for sale on so many platforms.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

wrestleryellingyes.gif

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not thrilled with this. Maybe release the game along with the console version or at least in the same year.

They definitely went for the double-dip here. I'm happy I waited, at any rate. Hope the PC version is good, but the GTA port was pretty decent.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Excited to play it again! I loved this game last year.

And why do we hate Epic Games Store again?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average PC gamer does not hate Epic. The average PC gamer couldn't care less about the features that Steam has over Epic. They only care about being able to play games and the timed exclusivity Epic has over Steam in that respect is a big get in their favor.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I am really curious to see what the PC community does to / how they respond to this game.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't find a source for this better than "I heard someone say", but the rumor is Steam's new policy requires any game that goes on sale in a digital store must be sold on Steam within 30 days of its initial release. If not, it can't be sold on Steam at all.

No idea if that's true, but if so I can live with it. 30 days is close enough, and I can continue using my Steam Link without jumping through too many hoops.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

Good to hear. I've already played a ton of it on console, on a launch PS4 regrettably, but it's great that this is coming out for PC because then it has a longer lifespan. Always thought it was weird how they decided to keep RDR1 off PC.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing the PS4 version the last month or so, and while the pacing grew on me eventually, I am super jealous of the people who will get to play with the inevitable quality of life mods.

Also, fuck Dominoes.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't play it on PC since my PC couldn't run it, but I'm very interested to see what Digital Foundry finds.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

PC fans will go over to whatever other launcher that provides their games first.

Nah. I've already played it on XBO. Steam is where 99.9% of my PC library lives. Ill wait an extra month for the steam version.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

LOL no. I'll get it on Steam when it's $30.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ballsleon: I was just saying that because of your name honestly. Having a bit of a poke at ya. Everyone has their reasons for hating Epic. Personally I just rather the features Steam has. Cloud saves and screenshots are just two I really love having. I won't lie and say I don't have Epic installed on my PC. I have around 15 games on the store and I haven't purchased a single one. It's hard to pass up free games even if I will never play them on it.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BonelessSpirit

@xanadu: @bigboss1911: Talking about the vast majority of PC players. Some who are bound to Steam will wait of course but most don't want to. A month is a lot to people, they rather play it day one and to them another launcher is a non-issue in the first place.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bonelessspirit said:

LOL no. I'll get it on Steam when it's $30.

So like 2023

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Not really, GTA 5 was already on sale half a year after its release on Steam.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Seikenfreak

Neat. Maybe I'll pick it up again? Game was fantastic. I never bought GTAV on PC, but I was actually just planning to do that on the next sale, assuming its $15.

And I'd get it on Steam if I do. I don't want more launchers. Was thinking about GR: Breakpoint on PC til I realized its not on Steam because, oh yea.. there's another launcher, and I kinda lost interest. Still hoping Satisfactory comes around. Played that Alpha or whatever on Steam I think..

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonelessspirit said:

If that was the reasoning it would be exclusive on the Rockstar Launcher.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BonelessSpirit

@cikame: Not necessarily. Epic Store is a pretty established platform at this point while Rockstar Launcher is not. I just feel like it's a safe bet and they don't lose any customers since it will release on Steam later for those willing to wait.

Is it possible Epic struck a deal in addition in order to get exclusivity over Steam? Yes. But I for sure think the revenue cut is a big appeal not only to small devs but AAA ones as well.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it. Beat it on PS4 but kinda rushed the story at certain points to avoid spoilers. I'll take my time with this version and try and do everything.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm ready to be disappointed by another Rockstar game again, but at least it won't be a GTA situation where every character is an insufferable cliché dialed to 11.

Honestly surprised this comes to Steam only a month late. I'd thought Epic would've snatched that up for sure, but then again, they'd probably have to fork over a lot more than 10 million for a game that's surely going to sell a bazillion copies.

I can wait that one month and even if it were exclusive, I'd just not buy it and go on with my life.

besighyawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping for cross-save. Would love to play on PC, just don't want to do that long ass campaign again.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb said:

@ballsleon: I was just saying that because of your name honestly. Having a bit of a poke at ya. Everyone has their reasons for hating Epic. Personally I just rather the features Steam has. Cloud saves and screenshots are just two I really love having. I won't lie and say I don't have Epic installed on my PC. I have around 15 games on the store and I haven't purchased a single one. It's hard to pass up free games even if I will never play them on it.

Apparently Epic has cloud saves now?

I haven't put that feature through its paces yet so no idea if it works well, but at least they did recognize it was a pretty common complaint.

For me the main reason I dislike Epic launcher is the download speed is significantly worse for me compared to Steam. As in 5x to 10x slower.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mouse and keyboard controls for Horse Theft Auto.

Yippee ki yay motherfucker.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does look pretty.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.