Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

"Write About This Game We're Promoting And We'll Let You Play It Early"

• 170 results
    Grakkath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Grakkath

Wow... really 140+ comments of pure idiots? I mean look at the trailer by "JorgeConstanza11"

Does that look like anything whatsover offical? I'm sure THQ sends out mail hailing its "FPS" shooter red faction guerilla in press releases... considering its a third person shooter..

Not only that  the trailer  looks like a 30 minute hackjob - it's not to hard to splice together previously release video and a splash screen.

I hope THQ goes after whoever duped Jeff. Maybe the site should actually make sure what they post before they slander a name.

Plus.. just went look at Red Faction's site... a demo comes out on Friday for pre orders - why the hell would they try to promote the game through sites when word of mouth is gonna either start slamming or praising them this weekend?

wings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By wings

The original Red Faction is stupid good.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#153  Edited By jeff

Just wanted to call attention to an update to this story that we've appeneded to the original post:

"[UPDATE] THQ got in touch with us about this story. While THQ does work with the promotions company involved with this stuff, a company spokesperson for THQ stated that it never approved this specific campaign. Considering the game's multiplayer beta launched on Xbox 360 last year and the awful quality of that trailer, I'm inclined to believe them."

Hopefully publishers will think twice before partnering up with these external companies devoted to "building buzz" or whatever. Though if you subscribe to the "no publicity is bad publicity" model, we're all totally thinking about the next Red Faction game now. Hmm.
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By buzz_killington

I think it was a dare or something. Some guy who had the beta decided to make a lame video and make fun of some smaller websites... Its a practical joke. NOT FUNNY!!

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Hausdog

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by THQ"
    Haha, guess it was a joke after all.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By Cheapoz
    Jeff said:
    we're all totally thinking about the next Red Faction game now. Hmm.
    Maybe so, but I have no friggin clue why, or what about in particular?

How about building buzz with good product? That might actually build sales.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By jeff
    Cheapoz said:
    Sorry, you're making too much sense, so you have no future in video game marketing.
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Cheapoz
    Jeff said:
    "Cheapoz said:
    Sorry, you're making too much sense, so you have no future in video game marketing.
    "
    Dammit. You have crushed my ambition.

(I actually work in marketing, eek!)
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol. So it really wasn't them doing it. Yet this article went up without double checking, or at least contacting them for comment first, smearing THQ's name over it to boost the site's indy character. Not good. Should have contacted them asking about it, without negative comments. Then they might have admitted it was them. Or told  you no, we don't know who's doing this. And you'd write your article accordingly. I suppose it's possible they were doing this and pulled it because of your article, but from their comment it sounds to me it wasn't them, or someone working for them, but they leave the potential open by simply saying they didn't "authorise it" as they're still investigating the companies they have hired.

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By KyleBaron

Wait a second, isn't this the same game I played the beta of ages ago that absolutely stank? If I remember correctly, they made the beta public because NO ONE WAS PLAYING IT. lol

harv9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By harv9
    You're essentially being an internet tough guy by bitching about shitty marketers, then do exactly their bidding by posting their video.  Way to go, bro, you're part of the problem!
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By jeff
    harv9 said:
    "
    You're essentially being an internet tough guy by bitching about shitty marketers, then do exactly their bidding by posting their video.  Way to go, bro, you're part of the problem!
    "

That's a fair point, and I did kind of wrestle with the thought of running the video vs. not running the video, but the video was so fucking stupid that it needed to be seen. Predictably, it's since been removed.

(Also, wow, it's like 23-year-old me showed up to bitch at his future self, right down to calling me "part of the problem." Rad.)
    harv9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By harv9

"That's a fair point, and I did kind of wrestle with the thought of running the video vs. not running the video, but the video was so fucking stupid that it needed to be seen."

Editorial discretion, I guess.  But you look like a hypocrite by going into such histrionics, and then end up copping out at the end...taking the high road would have been much more tactful.  You learned all about tactful writing at GameSpot, right?  right?

RyShe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#164  Edited By RyShe

I'm no expert, but in journalism you are not suppose to recive anything, let's say free liquor, from someone you may in the future cover, let's say Harmonix. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying...

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Cheapoz
    harv9 said:
    "
    "
    Have your heard of irony? I would've thought reading this site for a few minutes would realise you need a sense of humour here.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#166  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Jeff said:
    "(Also, wow, it's like 23-year-old me showed up to bitch at his future self, right down to calling me "part of the problem." Rad.)"
    Lol, awesome. Jeff's 23 year old self has a time machine. We're all doooooooooooooooooomed.
    FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Video's broken.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#168  Edited By mike
    @Jeff:This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by THQ / Volition Inc.

Gotta love it.
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#169  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @MB said:
    " @Jeff:This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by THQ / Volition Inc. Gotta love it. "
    Reported for bumping a 2 month old thread.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#170  Edited By mike
    @Disgaeamad: I could delete my post and then edit yours to make it look like you bumped it...
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#171  Edited By Snail

A winrar is Jeff.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @MB: But then I would just delete my post and put the blame on Snail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.