Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocket League

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2015

The sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League is the second vehicular sports-action game developed by Psyonix.

The best game ever made is coming to Playstation Plus

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

Is this how Brad feels when he plays Dota?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#202  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco
    @a_e_martin said:

I noticed the game got updated to 1.02 earlier, so have they done anything to fix the overheating yet?

I haven't noticed heat issues. My game does hitch (skip half a second of frames) like once a game at a seemingly random moment though. I feel around the console vents when this happens and don't notice any overheating. The hitching is bugging me though.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By borklund

This game is so good, holy shit. Looking to play ranked 2v2/3v3 with other duders, add me on PSN: BorklundSE.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By a_e_martin

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:
    @a_e_martin said:

I noticed the game got updated to 1.02 earlier, so have they done anything to fix the overheating yet?

I haven't noticed heat issues. My game does hitch (skip half a second of frames) like once a game at a seemingly random moment though. I feel around the console vents when this happens and don't notice any overheating. The hitching is bugging me though.

Well, I played for a few hours the other day and my PS4 was absolutely screaming, and getting pretty hot as well. It didn't actually warn me of overheating or blink any red lights like it has for some people, but it was concerning nonetheless. Though it wasn't hitching when I played it.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin: Fans increased a bit in volume this last play session and didn't have any hitching.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Holy crap this game is great

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By a_e_martin

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

@a_e_martin: Fans increased a bit in volume this last play session and didn't have any hitching.

I don't think I've heard my PS4's fans get as loud as this before. I've played around 30 hours of Arkham Knight over the past few weeks and it's never been as bad during that.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So er, where's the QL of this? This seems like the kind of dumb GB would be into.

bleekmajeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna play with some of you ole bomb duders! This game is like Crack x11 I can't put it down. So simple but soooo rewarding. Maybe we can get some of that 4v4 nonsense going. Psn: Bleekomajeeko

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@mrcraggle: Jeff was playing it when the servers were down. Think they're probably waiting till it's more stable, hopefully we'll see a video soon. Maybe even a dreamy East vs West 3v3.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for this post, I was considering buying it on PC!

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff mentioned it on his Trackmania stream and then said how he wished it wasn't soccer. It actually wouldn't take much modding to turn it into Football, probably. Turning it into Basketball would be some kind of Godless nightmare, mind.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it hasn't happened since for me.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hoping to see this on UPF

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like the only thing stopping Rocket League's unstoppable momentum is the servers constantly dying; wouldn't surprise me if there were 100k people playing otherwise.

Shoutouts to Sultan, man among bots.

Loading Video...

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

Loading Video...

You all make me crazy, i'm crazy now.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sin4profit: Did the same people make carball? That looks like a very old version of the same game.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

@sterling: No, Rocket League was made by people responsible development of the car physics in Unreal Tournament 2003 (later became 2k4 which added the vehicles in Onslaught mode). Carball was a mod for UT2k4 back in 2006.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin said:

Yes, it hasn't happened since for me.

Yeah, I played a bit earlier, and it seemed to be better, though I was still trying to get through the menus as quickly as possible.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@shindig: it's less Soccer than it is Hockey with a ball if you think about it. The players carry momentum to their turning, the boundries have walls, physicality is encouraged, and the players fight for the ball on reset.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stop playing this game. It is incredible.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people still having problems with online in the PC version?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I got the overheating today, though guess it doesn't matter if the online doesn't work

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Was playing offline season today. My team was down 0-2 with 20 seconds left. I scored and then a miracle happened. I was watching the ball fly through the air as the seconds were counting down. It was going to hit the ground right as time was expiring which would end the game. And well..... this just happened... My controller went flying as I threw up my hands in celebration! I have never done that before in my life lol (we won in overtime)

Loading Video...

@fredchuckdave: Good lord, I have no hyperbole for how amazing his goalie play was right there. And to top it off at the end like that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: Yeah pretty insane stuff, the first save is just totally impossible as far as I'm concerned; 2 all star bots on a fast break with a clean shot on the goal and he's a good 1/3rd of the field behind but somehow not only catches up to the ball but cuts it off at some miraculous perfect angle that uses the curvature of the goal corner to his advantage; whaaaaaat.

Nice camera work by the way, nice of the ball to bounce at the 0.1 second mark instead of at 0 seconds. I like that this game is still super exciting even against the bots, though their extremely clean play is difficult to emulate.

Meanwhile in the land of mere humans:

Loading Video...

The one thing I think I'm pretty good at is getting the first touch off of corner starting positions and putting the ball into an advantageous position for our team, though it usually doesn't just wander into the goal. I imagine this is actually pretty useful at a high level. I've gotten several longer distance goals but this was the first one that actually gave me the "long goal" medal.

Rocket League is at 76,000 viewers on Twitch currently.

Edit: 90,000 now, #1 game!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just about to score the game winning goal in overtime, perfect lined up shot, I hit, it was just about to cross the plain... and PSN went offline for me. Ball bounced into the goal and back out. Nothing happened. Then I noticed a flashing red icon in the right corner. Then spotify stopped playing. Boooooooooo.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I did it guys.

Loading Video...

That's the first time I've ever hit the ball via flying. Though I don't think I've ever seen anyone else hit it either.

Edit: Welp, here's another one.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just played the most insane game online. I have some clips, I'll upload them tomorrow. I need sleep. But this game was nuts. It was me and a guy with an AI partner against the same. And our AI partner scored 7 times. It was fucking bananas. I was losing it I was laughing so hard.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: wait, if so many people are watching does that make it eSports? Am I into eSports? This is a dark day.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@planetfunksquad: Rocket League is officially recognized as an eSport.

I did it guys.

Loading Video...

That's the first time I've ever hit the ball via flying. Though I don't think I've ever seen anyone else hit it either.

I can't hit ANYTHING in the air. I don't know what it is about flying, but I just can't get it right. I always overshoot the ball by half the field.

Good shot by the way.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@planetfunksquad: The most sportlike of esports. Also I feel like the skill ceiling is ridiculously high so why not?

@n7: The key thing is to wait for a high, slow bounce, preferably on the way up, those are the only ones you can get a particularly good angle on. I did the basic aerial training, but all of those are really easy so I dunno how much that helped me (also I've only hit it once FWIW).

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: I did my best Sultan impersonation:

Loading Video...

I swear I'm not that good at the game, just keep having really cool moments from time to time. I'd rate the difficulty of my save at 8/10 or so, Sultan's was definitely 10+/10.

TN04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By TN04

@turboman: Good way to combat a goalie is to have someone (or yourself) bump into the keeper when on the offense. It's pretty effective if your teammates are able to get a shot on target

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tn04: Yep, it's even better if you just bump the goalie instead of blowing him up, pretty much totally negates him.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like everyone here, I am hopelessly addicted to this sweet, stickiest of the icky. I like how the 3v3 effectively makes everyone play offense and defense like a pick-up street game. We need to make this a real sport. Quick someone put some moving walkways on the pitch along with trampolines at strategic locations.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh my god...

Getting a hang of air boosting and understanding defense and how to negate that defense... This game is fucking AMAZING

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7: It is a real sport in Germany. Someone else posted a video early in this topic. I've been watching old videos on youtube. Its called Autoball.

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know guys, I think I may be liking 2v2 much more. Because instead of constantly having at least 2 people from each team fighting for the ball with one on either team pulled back for opportunities, it's just 1 on 1 for the ball and other teammates pulled back. Makes it a bit less chaotic. Both modes are great and play completely differently.

@fredchuckdave: PM me your username and we'll tag up some time!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: 2v2 definitely seems like it's the place to be for skill/smoothness; though I think there's at least some appeal for standard especially when playing with randoms. And I imagine at a very high skill level 3v3 is perfectly legit as well; though 4v4 just seems nonsensical most of the time. It's kind of amazing how annoying it is when someone on your team clearly doesn't understand ball movement; though this impact is lessened in 3v3 and 4v4.

My PSN is Valgresas as I said earlier this thread o.O

@sterling:That is some high octane action.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I think it's more telling than anything that Casper scored his second goal at 4:20. What are you trying to tell us, Casper?

Also, anyone who wants to play with me: Send a friend request to Crimson_Ryan.

I am team playor.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: @n7: Sent you both friend requests if you're looking to play now, my PSN is Chavtheworld, would love to get some games in with some GB duders!

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

I just picked this up on Steam, I haven't been having any trouble getting into matches whatsoever. The only thing that annoys me is how quick this game is to fill empty slots with bots, I'd rather wait a minute or two and wait for a human being. Otherwise holy shit this game is fun, and I'm a dumb American who hates soccer.

Steam ID KevinCogneto if anyone's looking for some personal computer action.

(Whoops, I meant to post this on the thread for Austin's article about the PC version. Ah well, now it's here too.)

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AI online should probably be nerfed.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: I don't even think it's All Star AI, the AI is just so much cleaner than players to begin with so while this isn't glaringly obvious when you're playing a match entirely against bots it gets pretty hilarious in the online matches.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think @bollard and anyone else who played with us within the past few hours will agree with the following statement: Fuck Caveman and his band of merry future-overlords.

The A.I.Pocalypse is upon us but the blinded cannot see.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: They make too many perfect hits on the ball. At odd angles. A bit a go I jumped into a game that N7 was in, playing against him. I had two AI teammates in a rematch. I didn't do shit on offense really. I mostly played defense. The AI scored on his team 4 times for the win. Game said they were semi-pro, so I assume Pro. But even the single player AI on Pro isn't that good. Or maybe it is, and its just that you don't have two AI teammates yourself, so it just stands out more like you said. I don't know. But holy fuck the AI is some bullshit at times online. Especially those half court flying through the air goals. Soulless bastards.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just picked this up on Steam, I haven't been having any trouble getting into matches whatsoever. The only thing that annoys me is how quick this game is to fill empty slots with bots, I'd rather wait a minute or two and wait for a human being. Otherwise holy shit this game is fun, and I'm a dumb American who hates soccer.

Steam ID KevinCogneto if anyone's looking for some personal computer action.

(Whoops, I meant to post this on the thread for Austin's article about the PC version. Ah well, now it's here too.)

The game is cross-play between PC and PS4 and although it doesn't currently support partying up across platforms, Psyonix stated that they will add this feature soon!

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just had a few very fun matches with mostly the same people. It is such a great game when you're evenly matched.

Earlier today I got my ass kicked left to right. One of them was flying around and scoring goals like it was nobody's business, very cool to see. Some people have gotten seriously good in a very short time.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had my first experience of someone being a dick with the in game chat. Our team was winning and this dude just kept typing "cancer muslim" "fucking n****r" over and over again. Is there anyway to kick a person from matches or report them or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.