Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Legacy

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A "genealogical rouge-lite" that combines elements from "Metroidvania" platformers and roguelike games. Explore the ever-shifting rooms of Castle Hamson as a lineage of knights, with each ancestor's death potentially improving their offspring's chance for success!

Rogue Legacy Watitng Room

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankWeidner

Every week we wait for Rogue Legacy to be released...

Okay, just this week we wait for it to be released. Damn, Steam, when you gonna update? Anyone else refreshing steam like a crazy person to get the full version of this game?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

2m

Looking into Steam, Desura, and GoG. Some delays, but we'll try to resolve it asap.

so...yes. Seems people that pre-ordered on the site got their steam keys already, but its not up on the store.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I saw that. I, of course, went to pre-order it the day AFTER they stopped taking pre-orders. I could get it on GoG... but I like my Steam library...

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I saw that. I, of course, went to pre-order it the day AFTER they stopped taking pre-orders. I could get it on GoG... but I like my Steam library...

they say the delay affects GOG too...and just wait a few minutes dude, It will be out in the next hour or so I imagine

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ares42

I want it! And I want it now!!! /tantrum

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhaknar: Dammit, man, this isn't about rational thought! It's about the watitng.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, it's up! Our long history of watitng is finally at an end. See you guys next week when I stop playing this.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

WOOP WOOP DOWNLOADING!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

yeeeeeeeah... so this game is amazing

I guess I "get" roguelikes finally? I had to force myself to stop restarting everytime I died, I need to make food and take out the dogs and shit, I have shit to do videogame, I cant press start nonstop leave me alone >_<

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

79 minutes played already. Man, this game rocks.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Surely this game will be like half off in a couple of weeks when the Summer Steam sale hits, right? Surely.

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rhaknar: It's clever in that the gold you get can only be spent by the next in line so when you die you don't feel like you're starting over from scratch which is what tends to happen with most rogue likes. Next up, Dungeons of Dreadmore.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhaknar: It's clever in that the gold you get can only be spent by the next in line so when you die you don't feel like you're starting over from scratch which is what tends to happen with most rogue likes. Next up, Dungeons of Dreadmore.

i love the castle / talent tree progression, i love the idea that you keep getting stronger and getting new classes, making the game easier as you go along (well making the first zone easier at least), I dont have the time nor the patience for games that completely reset (Isaac for example)

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

@popogeejo said:

I'd say it's more devious how you spend a run collecting gold, but don't allow you to spend gold before you start a new run. It just closes the loop so you never want to quit.

Anyways, pretty blown away at the magnitude of the skill-tree in the final version. Some of it seems unbalanced though, like the talent that allows you to keep your money, but at the same time they seem to have fixed some of the skill-balance issues from the demo.

@rhaknar: Isaac doesn't reset completely, you unlock new items and characters (some which makes the game way easier) as you achieve things.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Game is dope as hell. I really love the random minigame rooms I run into (axe-throwing, treasure chest-guessing). I'm primarily playing Knights for the raw damage they're able to output but maybe I'm missing out by not playing other classes. What's everyone's favorite class?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I declare this watitng room to be illegal.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenlight: I've had a great time with Shinobi. Had one run where I went far into the forest almost earning 4k gold (even though I've yet to beat the first boss). Their damage output is just amazing, but their hp makes them really bad against bosses =(.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.