Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Legacy

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A "genealogical rouge-lite" that combines elements from "Metroidvania" platformers and roguelike games. Explore the ever-shifting rooms of Castle Hamson as a lineage of knights, with each ancestor's death potentially improving their offspring's chance for success!

Should they have patched out all of the ways to exploit the axe carnival minigame?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll Should they have patched out all of the ways to exploit the axe carnival minigame? (26 votes)

Yes 31%
    No 69%

Because seriously, at least the dagger minigame takes legitimate skill and is kind of fun. The axe game is just frustrating, and not in the least bit fun. And the game has decided that it's just going to give me the axe minigame over and over, so goodbye to the idea of me ever getting the achievement for beating the carnival minigame.

• 
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The axe game is not that hard, I found the dagger game far more annoying

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I must be stupid because I can't figure out how to get 10 left. =\

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BisonHero

And suddenly, I just managed to beat the axe minigame (using the dragon, no less, so I could throw from whatever height I pleased). Didn't even need my final axe throw; I somehow was down to 10 targets with one axe to spare, so I just randomly took out 3 more targets with the final axe. No idea how I did it (another reason the minigame is stupid), though not having to deal with jumping at all probably helped.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yeah, if there were a targeting thing so you could see the arc of the axe, it would be much more manageable and it would be a reasonably fair challenge for the player. Without a targeting arc, it's just blind throws, and eventually maybe you'll luck out.

Or you could try looking up a Youtube video of where someone was standing as they threw each axe, but I ultimately didn't find that quite helpful, as you pretty much have to throw several of the axes while you are jumping and that can be hard to replicate. Keep at it! :)

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait you can exploit the axe game? I don't normally care about achievements but then I realized that was the last one I needed... I keep choking on the last daggers target, going way too fast and just throwing them into the first wall. Clowns are truly evil.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainy: I've read that the way it used to work is that it would switch your spell to the axe once you pass the barrier, but it wouldn't disable your class ability. Note that the targets are basically the same sort of breakable object as the various urns, furniture, and statues that litter the game. If you went in with a Barbarian King/Queen, one shout would destroy all of the targets, as the shout destroys breakable objects and projectiles. Alternately, if you use the Spellsword's class ability, you would make super axes, which have a much larger hit box than regular axes and should make the minigame significantly easier.

However, I believe that the minigames were patched a little over a month ago to prevent any of those shenanigans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.