Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sea of Thieves

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2018

Set in an era of classic piracy, Sea of Thieves is a first-person open-world game where players form a crew of pirates and sail off to find treasure. As it is a "shared world" game, pirate crews can encounter other crews and engage in epic maritime skirmishes.

Tales from the Sea

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nutter

I’ve been having a lot of fun with Sea of Thieves as a game of isolated adventures. Every night, there’s been a story. Friends, foes, mishaps, kracken attacks, being eaten by the world’s end....

I figure maybe folks would be into sharing some stories, I suppose we’ll see if this thread floats or sinks...

Tonight, for example, my son and I took out a sloop as a journeying duo, as has become a nightly ritual. We failed to raid a skeleton stronghold (In part due to pirates siding with the skeletons) and opted for some good old fashioned treasure hunting. We hit a few islands, and stumbled across some great finds on sinking ships, captains cheats, silks and spices. We had a pretty full sloop, so we opted to hit an outpost to cash out most of the plunder, before hitting the last stop on the voyage, Shipwreck Isle.

Unloading our chests, scarves, and spices was going well enough, but after dropping off the last of our loot, we saw a pirate staring at us. I offered a wave and he drew his rifle. We disengaged, as his Galleon suggested he was neither alone nor worth the trouble. As we made our was to the south of the island, where our ship sat anchored, he and two of his crew appeared on the docks. We raised anchor and started leaving, when I heard an explosion. As my son told it, they shot first, so he responded with our starboard cannon, killing one pirate.

We sailed west, in hopes of disguising out destination not far to the south, but the galleon was in pursuit. They shot potshots and we returned fire. The fight eventually took us south to shipwreck island, where the weather became furious as we exchanged rifle fire and cannon balls in close quarters. The fight went on for a while, ships were boarded, pirates were slain. We had nothing to lose but our time, so we attempted to disengage, fleeing Shipwreck Isle while boarding holes and bailing water.

Time had passed and we returned to the scene of the fight, our original destination, Shipwreck Island. We left the ship planning on splitting up to quickly recover the treasures. No sooner did we note our bearings and part ways than gunfire rang out. We regrouped and saw a member of the same crew from earlier on the beach shooting at us. We took cover behind some rocks on the shoreline and closed the distance, killing the aggressor.

Another came down to the beach firing his pistol. We didn’t want this fight, but they were persistent. As we fought, I spotted a green glow. They were protecting a cursed skull of some value, from the looks of it’s markings and glow. Once the opportunity presented itself, we snagged the skull and sailed off, collecting a few hundred gold for our trouble. We eventually returned to the island, stopping to lay claim to the odd shipwreck at sea, and dug up our treasures, as well as picking-up some gunpowder and a golden urn we spotted along the way. We dampened the lights to avoid gazing eyes and sailed to a less populated outpost to sell our last four bits of cargo. Our voyage was complete. I rewarded myself with a new belt and boots. We were about to retire for the night, when we noticed a sloop docked with only one pirate visable.

My intentions were uncharacteristically malicious as I approached the ship. It had been that sort of night. The pirates greeted us warmly, though, and we played music well and danced...less well. Then we drank, and drank, and drank their booze in the hull. We drunkenly slaughtered sea shanties and bathed one another in vomit. We collected our vomit in buckets and doused one another, as though we had all coached super bowl wins. We eventually said our goodbyes and I settled in for sleep on the nearby dock. Our new friends waved as the sea spontaneously ate their ship, the awful sounds of terror and snapping wood soothing me to sleep...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.