Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Persona 4: Simulacrum

• 104 results
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By c1337us

I like Persona. But FanFiction is diseased and I don't go near it.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By kuwabaratheman

Thanks for posting this. It's really good and the story managed to grip me. I'm definitely interested in seeing where the author goes with it from here on out. Things have been pretty bleak so far, but hopefully they can sort everything out in the end.

shanchett99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By shanchett99

i hate fanfiction, but i decided to give this a chance,, finally a good one that doesnt cross naruto ,starwars,samurai warriors, and TMNT

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Bartman3010

So the guy updated not with a new chapter (Though its apparently coming soon) but announcing that theres going to be a radio play version of it. 

Trouble is, its being concocted by the fine folks of the Voice Acting Alliance website. 

I...ugh...dont know.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bartman3010

So I says to myself, "You know, I'm not sure if they can find a suitable actor for the main character." Then I says to myself, "Why dont you put up and audition for yourself?"

....so...I did. They're still looking for more voices though. If you fancy yourself a part in it, you can get the details here.
    http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=45735

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Bartman3010: Oh wow!  Good luck.  I hope your voice kind of suits the main character, though.
    Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Shiftshaper

Think you could send us a voice sample so we can mercilessly criticise your vocal chords?
    zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By zagzagovich

That is exactly why I can't read fanfics. It's ok if they are bad, at least you can get a laugh or two out of it. If they are actually well written it's a completely different thing. You might like it and even want more, but no matter what it's still only a work of a fan. It's not canon, the characters will never behave like they are supposed to by their original design and in the end it's a huge waste of time.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vect

Oh, just try and imitate Johnny Yong Bosch. Basically just listen to Adachi speak a bit. Same voice.

Still, making a radio drama version of it? Sounds a bit... Full of oneself in my opinion. Might just be skepticism kicking in.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bartman3010
    @Shiftshaper said:
    " Think you could send us a voice sample so we can mercilessly criticise your vocal chords? "
    If I had some sort of webspace to upload stuff to (Not really up to sending things to stuff like Rapidshare or whatever) I'd be up for it. But I do wish I had an opinion on the voice samples I recorded. Heres a dirty secret; I've never really recorded my voice for anything. But I can certainly emote, I've got a decent range of voices. If I do get the part, I'd definately have fun on doing some of the more physical stuff. I should probably invest in a microphone that can pick up my voice when I yell...

Let me put it this way. I'm just doing it for fun. I have no idea if I can act or not! Its just all in good fun.
    Also, it may be very possible that it wont work out... I'm only the second person to audition. Thats strange.
    D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#61  Edited By D_W
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Eirikr said:
    "I loathe the name Souji Seta, but I can understand its necessity in a context like this. Still, I think it could have allowed more creativity to use a first-person narrative and have people not refer to him by anything specific, like in the game. "
    Exactly, I think it would be way more interesting if they made it in a way that he didn't have to be called by his name (all the time), just like in Persona 4. "

y'know how impossible that would be?
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By eirikr
    @IntramanDW: It'd be very possible. And you wouldn't even have to use "senpai" all the time either! 

A first person narrative would make it even easier. Here's a theoretical example:

As I stepped off the train, a familiar headphone-wearing outline waved to me from the crowd. 

"Hey, we've been waiting for you!" shouted Yosuke enthusiastically. Not even a minute in and it already felt nostalgic to be back in Inaba. 

I hope this doesn't count as fanfiction I've written. Eww.
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bartman3010

I wonder if the third person dialogue will be transformed into first person dialogue for the radioplay. 
    Because I'm sure we want to hear the main character put his engineer experience of recording everything down with some hot pen scratching action.

Also, remember the Drama CD? the main character wasnt called Seta Souji. Teddie just referred to him as sensei, and the others (Or just Chie) referred to him as "Leader" Pretty clever, eh?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Eirikr said:
    " @IntramanDW: It'd be very possible. And you wouldn't even have to use "senpai" all the time either! 

A first person narrative would make it even easier. Here's a theoretical example:

As I stepped off the train, a familiar headphone-wearing outline waved to me from the crowd. 

"Hey, we've been waiting for you!" shouted Yosuke enthusiastically. Not even a minute in and it already felt nostalgic to be back in Inaba. 
     I hope this doesn't count as fanfiction I've written. Eww. "
    It's too late!  You have officially written Perosona 4 fanfiction and you must continue!
    zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By zephyran

Hello everyone.  I'm computer-geekz over at FanFiction.net, and a little while back one of my readers there referred me to this thread.  I've been following it off and on, and would just like to thank you all for taking the time to comment on Simulacrum.  Even if you didn't like it, you've still taken the time to at least look it over and offer your criticism, for which I'm grateful.  Thanks also to Kombat, for starting this discussion in the first place :)

@Vect

said:

Still, making a radio drama version of it? Sounds a bit... Full of oneself in my opinion. Might just be skepticism kicking in. "

Actually, LG65 over at Voice Acting Alliance approached me last week and asked for permission to turn Simulacrum into a radio play.  I was very flattered, and in repayment have since been doing what I can to spread the word about the play and to help make it a success for him.  He's adapting the script and handling the auditions, so I'm not yet sure exactly how he plans to do it.  However, he has done a few other productions, which were good quality and thoughtfully put together (in my opinion), and I'm looking forward to hearing the end result.
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bartman3010
    @Vect said:

" Oh, just try and imitate Johnny Yong Bosch. Basically just listen to Adachi speak a bit. Same voice. 

Uh oh. What if I said I didnt try to imitate Johnny?

Also, thanks for stopping by, computer-geekz/zephyran. Cant wait for the next chapter.
    allhailthetv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By allhailthetv

I had already started reading this earlier (it's recommended by TV Tropes), but I was away from the internet, so I couldn't finish it. It's pretty good, from what i read.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Vect

Oh, sorry then. I guess I misread something. I though the author himself made the radio drama thingy.

Oh and welcome to Giant Bomb. As you can tell, Persona 4 is actually a pretty popular game around here due to the people in charge of the site doing a Let's Play of the game known as the Endurance Run. Also your story's pretty good and sorry for wrongfully accusing you of Small Name Big Ego.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zabant
    @Vect: 
    Go into word, replace every instance of his name with Charlie Tunaku.

problem solved
    Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Vect

Never said anything about having problems with the name. I'm perfectly fine with the name Souji, even if I do think that Charlie is a much more fun name to use (I'm the kind of guy who enjoys abusing the naming feature to make up silly names).

zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By zephyran
    Thanks for the welcome! I started following Endurance Run right after I found out about this site, and so far it's been a really fun watch (I've still got a ways to go before I'm caught up, though).  Thanks to ER I'll probably be mercilessly dissing Ghoul on my next playthrough :)

@Vect:

No worries; I'd have probably thought the same thing myself. 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By FrankCanada97

New chapter is up!

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bartman3010

Heres an update on that radioplay. The auditions for all the characters were extended to the end of this month. Theres at least an audition for each character except Nanako. Theres a surprising lack of 13 year old sounding voices...apparently? I wonder why none of the women are shooting for it..

As for me? I got a critique from the guy and he said that he liked my voice. But he wants me to sound younger, because the voice I provided made the character sound like he was 30...whoops. (Hes supposed to be 22 in the story....even though I'm 23.) I still dont have any place to put them online for the rest of you to tar and feather. But if you want to put it on your personal web space for awhile, I'll go get the tar.

Oh, and uh...they're still looking! Why dontcha guys put on your best Dojima face or...hey, maybe you can do a 13 year old Nanako voice.
     http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=45735

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bartman3010

16th chapter is uploaded. Also the auditions to the radio play are ending tomorrow. 

I'm crossing my fingers.

bbrcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By bbrcher
    @Bartman3010:  Thanks for reminding me :)

Excellent ER reference in chapter 16.

I don't usually read fan fiction, but this one is very good.  It needs a good editor though, the misspellings and grammar errors stand out when they do happen.

I tried reading some other fan fiction because I thought I might be missing out on other good stuff, but no, this is going to be the only one I read... unless someone else recommends another good one in the future.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By FrankCanada97

Wow, the ER reference was amazing.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bartman3010

Meant to edit my post to mention the ER reference too, but the board wouldnt let me edit my post for some reason. No matter though. All I was going to say was "I see what you did there."

I also noticed that he wrote a short story on Persona 4 in the midst of Simulacrum titled "Thread of Fate" 
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4884020/1/Persona_4_Thread_of_Fate (Okay, so I dont know how to add hyperlinks for some reason.)

I didnt particularly care for it much, but a nice little observation as to what happens when you fail to rescue somebody in the game.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#78  Edited By the8bitNacho

Yeah, I just now got around to uploading it to my Kindle and came here to check and see if anyone caught the ER reference.  Nice.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bartman3010

Its past midnight and the auditions for the radio play version are closed.

I dont know what I'm doing up but... Homina homina homina. I would say somebody wish me luck, but theres still not that many people (On this board, especially) that have no idea what I sound like, so I guess it'd be kind of pointless, wouldnt it?

PurplieNurplie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PurplieNurplie
    @Bartman3010 said:
    " Its past midnight and the auditions for the radio play version are closed.  I dont know what I'm doing up but... Homina homina homina. I would say somebody wish me luck, but theres still not that many people (On this board, especially) that have no idea what I sound like, so I guess it'd be kind of pointless, wouldnt it? "

maybe you could post some kind of sample?
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bartman3010

Dont have any webspace to put them up on.

But oh well, I didnt get the part. I'm sure the other guys did a better job than I did.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Vect

Read the new chapter. Good as usual and liked the reference to the ER. 

I almost want to join in on this VA thing if only so I can voice Igor like Joker.

"Hey hey, Soggy! Welcome back to my ride, with the glorious Margaret at my side! Now... Pick a card! Any card! Oop! Sorry, ya got... THIS GUY!"

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#83  Edited By willin

I just read though the story practically from start to finish in one setting and oh god, while I did enjoy the story (which had some unexpected plot twists) it just drained me reading the story in the dull web page. Made me think of printing it out.

Edit: After thinking about it I have came up with a few issues. The way he 'shoe-horned' gameplay references into the narrative was almost painful to read (eg the boss battle music playing in Seta's mind during a boss-like fight). The ending while nothing wrong with why it end it did occur me as odd as into how it ended. It didn't really end as it just stopped (well at least I think is the ending, that wasn't well explaned either.).

zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zephyran

Thanks all!  The ER shout-out was the least I could do for y'all :)

@Bartman3010: Sorry you didn't get any parts.  I didn't get to listen to any of the auditions myself (since it's entirely LG's production), so I'll probably hear the voices for the first time after they finished product is released.   If you're still interested in voice acting, though, there are plenty of other projects on the site (I'm thinking about giving it a try myself, sometime after I've finished Simulacrum).

@Lights_Up_The_Shaft:   Thanks for your honest opinions, I truly appreciate it (it's how I learn to get better at writing).  And don't worry, it's not over just yet for our friends in Inaba ;)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85  Edited By PureRok
    @Vect said:
    "

For example: There's the Let's Play of Persona 3 of Something Awful works sorta like a fanfiction. The guy uses the name Minato Arisato for the MC and he writes the LP as if it's his Livejournal. He gives him a relatively fleshed-out personality, that of a snarky Emo who through the power of Hanging Out With People To Get Magic Powers becomes more the Messianic Figuretype he's meant to be by the end.      
     http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Persona3/    

"
    This is great. Since I've never played Persona 3, this is pretty entertaining. It's also kind of creepy in it's meta-ness.
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bartman3010
    @zephyran said: 
    I'm totally curious how some of the parts are going to play out. Like when the second encounter with Astrid probably wont play very well if Souji remarks her sounding "Very Japanese" Also, is it going to have any first person narrative? I assume LG is going to have to re-write some of the parts himself. I'd also suggest making one of the dream sequences done entirely in Spanish. But...I should just be quiet and wait for the thing to come out. I'm sure it'll be great.

Edit: Hey wait, you're not going to have a part in the radio play version? I'd probably shoot for a minor part if I were you.
    zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By zephyran
    @Bartman3010: No, I didn't try out for any parts.  My wife told me I did a pretty good Igor impression, but I thought I just sounded silly.

Basically (from what he's told me) it will be much like the kind of radio shows they did on old-time radio (and do now on XM radio), where it's a combination of third- and first-person narration where appropriate, with the characters and special effects playing out most of the action.  I did get a sneak peek of the first chapter's script, and he did (I thought) a good job of transcribing it into that kind of format.  
    Avatar image for phoenixfire103090
    Phoenixfire103090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow after stumbling upon this thread after creating my account here on Giant Bomb, I have to say this could quite possibly be one of the best fanfics I've ever read. The story is nice, and I can almost see this as an honest continuation of P4. The changes to the characters seem solid, and I can actually make sense with. Overall, I like the story a lot and I'll be keeping track of it as it continues to unfold. It's good to see something like this receiving such praise here on Giant Bomb, but I do have one complaint about that. This is only one of many fanfics about P4 (or Persona in general), so now any attempts an author would take to promote their story here, would immediately be criticized for trying to steal the thunder of this one. 

Now, I know  computer-geekz didn't make this thread, but the fact still remains. I'm an aspiring author, who has plans for a Persona sequel, and this is just a something that kinda bothered me. Not saying I'd use Giant Bomb for advertising (though now it's a thought), but if I (or any other author) did I'd immediately be critisised for stealing computer-geekz thunder from his amazing story. I would never wish to do that, but I know how internet forums work, and this is just a potential problem. Incidentally, I actually might use Giant Bomb for advertisement once I get the story rolling, but that will only be in a link in my signature. 

Still, a wonderful story that I will continue to follow until its completion, and I hope now that even after this rant, when my story is ready for judgment it will receive fair treatment. Even though I could have just shot myself in the head on that one (P3 reference hardy har har).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Phoenixfire103090: I completely disagree with that.  No one would say that you're trying to steal computer-geekz thunder if your story does not have many similarities with Persona 4: Simulacrum.  It might not be well received because: it's a fanfic, and many people are not fond of those; it's a bad fanfic, which makes it that much worse or because of bias that people have already developed with this fanfic.  But no one will judge it by the idea that you're trying to steal Computer-Geekz spotlight.
    Phoenixfire103090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: I suppose you do make a valid point there Flux. Maybe it's not me wanting to steal anyone's thunder. I think that it might be me more doubting my own abilities as a writer. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm at least a decent writer, but my other works have been standard fanfare series like Bleach. I think it's cause I love both Persona 3 and 4, that I'm afraid to ruin the story with any changes I could potentially make to it with a sequel. In hindsight, I think I was more worried that I'd screw up, or that I wouldn't get the same kinda views as computer has gotten with his. However, this is another blow to me, but I guess I shouldn't worry about that. A true artists in any form shouldn't need positive reviews, but just be happy with what he/she has created. I guess I needed someone to completely shoot me down to realize it. lol now I feel like a Fool. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20, and so on. Thank you Flux for bringing me to this resolution, and I will be happy to create my work, and bring it here for you all to enjoy. I hope you enjoy, and keep a close watch on me, cause now my fire's a lit, and I'm gonna soar. (God these phoenix puns might kill me) 
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bartman3010

Well, this was a surprise! I landed a role in the radio play after all. Not too sure how, but I'm quite excited about it. I wont say which part I got, but I'm in a pretty good mood that I suppose I can do this...

Grab onto your pitchforks everybody! Its my audition for Souji/Charlie. I've read through all five lines. I've also gave them several reads that have a slight variation. As a bonus, theres also one line I quoted from the story I didnt send to LG.

I figured that he should be disgruntled or easily irritated since the way hes written in the story almost seems as if a nervous attitude would probably fit him pretty well.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " You said Fan Fiction. That word is taboo. Also, there is a massive spoiler for the game within the first few paragraphs. That is all. "
    Well we are on a website that has the entire game video recorded and archived.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Phoenixfire103090: Haha, you seem dedicated.  Well, I'm looking forward to what you come up with in the future.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Bartman3010 said:
    " Well, this was a surprise! I landed a role in the radio play after all. Not too sure how, but I'm quite excited about it. I wont say which part I got, but I'm in a pretty good mood that I suppose I can do this...

Grab onto your pitchforks everybody! Its my audition for Souji/Charlie. I've read through all five lines. I've also gave them several reads that have a slight variation. As a bonus, theres also one line I quoted from the story I didnt send to LG.  I figured that he should be disgruntled or easily irritated since the way hes written in the story almost seems as if a nervous attitude would probably fit him pretty well. "
    I'd say it's pretty good.  I just think that maybe there's lacking a certain gravity or gruffness to the voice to fit Charlie, but other than that it's fine.
    Phoenixfire103090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bartman3010: Kinda wish I had found this sooner, I might have been able to give you a run for your money lol. Still, I agree with Flux, its good but it needs a little more....power, but not power. I listened and it felt like you were kinda forcing it out, not letting it come naturally. Maybe this is just me, but I say you need to relax and let it flow. To me, Souji (I refuse to call him Charlie lol) is a calm, cool, and collected character. Some of your audition had the feel, while others didn't. Hope I had been of some use, and good luck, I'm expecting good things. 
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Bartman3010

I admit, there was something about the voice that seemed a little off. Maybe it wasnt such a good idea to watch episodes of Duckman. Not saying that I was trying to be inspired by how the characters talked, but  sometimes I felt that I was speaking too quickly and had a little too much attitude for a character who seems rather calm or mellow. I also fear that I was slurring my words, which I might've done.

But hey, thanks for the comments you two. Hopefully I can pull this other part off. I should probably use that 'energy' for this other character I'm going to do.

Conflict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Conflict

Wow, just started reading yesterday and already halfway through. I've only ever read one fan fiction before so you are setting quite a high bar for me. The one problem I have with it is that so far it feels a bit monotonous, though that is probably more to do with my personal taste than a flaw in the writing. Keep up the good work. I wished I hadn't discovered this until you had finished, it's gonna suck when I hit the latest chapter and have to wait for the next one. How many chapters are you planning to do?

bbrcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bbrcher
    @Conflict said:
    ... "I wished I hadn't discovered this until you had finished, it's gonna suck when I hit the latest chapter and have to wait for the next one." ...

That's how I feel--I have it bookmarked and check every other day or so.
    zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By zephyran
    @Conflict: Well, the short answer is: I don't know.  Long answer:  I'm working toward the ending (based on the original outline), but the further along I go the more story I find there is to tell.  I can't really say how many more chapters there are, at least until I've hit the penultimate one (which hopefully will arrive a few from now).  The best I can say is that I'm trying to keep the story rich and entertaining without needlessly dragging it out, so hopefully I'll succeed.

@bbrcher: If it helps, I usually publish new chapters on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday early morning (since those are my best editing/proofreading days). If you add a Story Alert on the site you'll get an automated e-mail as soon as each upcoming chapter's published.  
    bbrcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By bbrcher
    @zephyran:  Cool, thanks. I like to check though. Gives me something to do while my work compiles.  Also, I like to check for new reviews and whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.