Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

I'm stuck

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jonnyp

On the thrasher challenge of handplanting on that damn backboard on the basketball court.  Is there some trick to this I'm missing?  I keep moving the half-pipe around thinking there is some sweet spot but I either hit the backboard before I can get up to handplant or I just fly above it.  Any tips?

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By jeff

It's sort of like the one where you need to handplant the catwalk above the ramp at Slappy's place. You need to set the ramp up a couple of feet in front of the hoop, then push forward when you leave the ramp to angle over to the backboard. Hit the handplant button immediately after you take to the air, too. I was hitting it way too late and spent like an hour on this one before realizing that.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jonnyp

Thanks Jeff, finally got it.  The way the handplant mechanic works is slightly counter intuitive.  I definitely see what you meant in your review as I indeed went from zen-like satisfaction to totally pissed off frustrated.  But in the end, well worth it.  Thanks again

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AimingWandersly

i kind of gamed this goal based on a video i saw on the internet. if you grab the angled picnic table from the other b-ball court and put it against the net, you can slide the quarter pipe up it until it's underneath the back-board.

then, when you hit the ramp, you can almost skate right up the backboard, or, conversely, you can sometimes get the goal completed for handplanting the quarter pipe (because, i'm guessing, it's close enough to the goal area to count).

video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=niui3QYy-2E

plus, the dude that made the video is called shlongconnery. nice.

PoopsOnLawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PoopsOnLawn

i had to stop after this one last night.  i made it through all the TSM challenges, and most of the pro challenges, but this one really got me worked up. like you said above, i either hit the backboard and wipe out, or i soar a few feet in front of it. i'm gonna try jeff's tip later on tonight and hopefully knock this mother out.

the other ones i'm struggling with are "can you spell girl" and whatever the vert vampire one is.  for some reason on the latter, i can't seem to get enough air to go past the windows.  

thanks for the video above, if i can't get it to work the old fashioned way, i'll give that a shot.  toodles.
    Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AimingWandersly
    PoopsOnLawn said:
    "i had to stop after this one last night.  i made it through all the TSM challenges, and most of the pro challenges, but this one really got me worked up. like you said above, i either hit the backboard and wipe out, or i soar a few feet in front of it. i'm gonna try jeff's tip later on tonight and hopefully knock this mother out.
    the other ones i'm struggling with are "can you spell girl" and whatever the vert vampire one is.  for some reason on the latter, i can't seem to get enough air to go past the windows.  

thanks for the video above, if i can't get it to work the old fashioned way, i'll give that a shot.  toodles.
    "
    i was in the same spot as you but after a couple hours of trying, even my wife got tired of seeing me make attempt after attempt.
    so i tried to use that trick to let me air up to the back board easier and 'accidentally' got it by handplanting too early...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.