Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Skate 2, Garbage Problems?

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

My buddy linked me to the Skate 2 review on gamespot and he pointed out that one of the complaints was that there was a lot of garbage... here is a quote "Furthermore, when the pedestrians start dropping physics-enabled litter, things can get so bad that you have to resort to picking up a quarter pipe and using it to sweep apples, bottles, and handbags out of the way"

Really take a quarter pipe and pick up this massive amount of garbage. I have not run into problems with people dropping things and getting in the way. I fact i have seen a cup drop like once or twice through my whole run throught the complete story mode. Has anyone else run into this problem because this complaint seems to boggle my mind.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I haven't played the actual game yet, just the demo, but after reading what Gamespot said, it seems like a pretty serious concern. I'm hoping it's not nearly as bad as they would have you believe.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

weird.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

Never seen anything like that.  That's hilarious if it's true.  I've looked at quite a few of the skate.reel videos, and I've never seen anything like that on there either.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By hexogen

I've put a solid 15-20 hours into the game so far, and I don't remember ever tripping over a single piece of garbage. That doesn't mean I didn't of course, but it obviously wasn't a prevalent problem for me. Pedestrians, cars and other skaters, on the other hand, can be pretty annoying. I wish I could take a quarter pipe and sweep them out of the way.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Killroycantkill said:
    "My buddy linked me to the Skate 2 review on gamespot and he pointed out that one of the complaints was that there was a lot of garbage... here is a quote "Furthermore, when the pedestrians start dropping physics-enabled litter, things can get so bad that you have to resort to picking up a quarter pipe and using it to sweep apples, bottles, and handbags out of the way"

Really take a quarter pipe and pick up this massive amount of garbage. I have not run into problems with people dropping things and getting in the way. I fact i have seen a cup drop like once or twice through my whole run throught the complete story mode. Has anyone else run into this problem because this complaint seems to boggle my mind."
    must have been a review build and not a final build where the "garbage" code is toned down.
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FlipperDesert

A few people drop garbage, but it's nothing serious, your real problem is the other skaters getting in the way like Hexogen said. Not to mention I find it pretty funny when someone drops a handbag next to a challenge start point and it stays there every time you retry the challenge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.