A Stand is an innate psychic power used by the heroes and villains of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. They were introduced in the third arc of the manga, Stardust Crusaders.
There are rules that most Stands generally abide by:
- A Stand protects its user. There have been some Stands that are actively hostile to their users, however.
- A person can only have one Stand, though it can sometimes evolve through various means.
- Since a Stand is a part of the user, any damage that a Stand sustains is also afflicted towards the user. For example, if a Stand gets their leg sliced off, the user's leg is also sliced off. Many object-based or long-range Stands do not suffer from this, however. This is also unlikely to affect non-humanoid Stands since the bodies of the Stand and user are not physiologically equivalent.
- Only Stand Users can see Stands. To non-Stand Users, a Stand in action most likely resembles an invisible psychic ability, like telekinesis.
- Stands are bound to a user's body. Some Stands are bound to objects, however.