Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

Legacy of the Void is the third and final part of the StarCraft II trilogy, coming in the form of a standalone game. It follows the blueprint of the other two parts of StarCraft II but this time focuses on the Protoss and the mysterious Xel'Naga.

Alarak for Best New Character 2015 [Mild Spoilers]

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

John de Lancie's voice makes Mr. Darth Protoss snide and sinister his way right into my heart. I always kept him for the last conversation between missions to better savor his delightfully malevolent quips! Never before have I wanted to hear an npc complain, but Alarak is just too goddamn great.

What do y'all think?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

I've just had him along for a couple of missions now, but so far he has been pretty good indeed.

Just don't know yet how much there will really be to his actual "character" over the course of the rest of the missions yet. Right now he is a good window dressing at least. Have yet to play the Taldarim missions tho and my guess is he gets more facetime in those.

Also surprised just how many erm "bad influences" and "potential threats" there seem to be right on your ship.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't dislike his voice, but for the rest i thought he is and is part of a poor cast of characters. He and the Taldarim are a mishmash of various dark elves from a bunch of fantasy and sci-fi. Not only that, but even his appearance is basically the same of an eldar from Warhammer 40k, complete of upward thingies behind his back and pointy head...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

He's pretty cool though essentially just Darth Protoss. I like Rohana a little bit better, but Alarak provides an interesting contrast to the other Protoss.

Also "The Death Fleet Descends"

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cagliostro88: The Protoss are basically space elves, in fact they're basically Eldar already. That said, Alarak is even more so with his colour scheme and armor. He still gives me more of a Star Wars Sith vibe though. Probably all that brooding and angst.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The color schemes used for the protoss blades definitely remind me of some star wars lightsabers. You know so and so is up to no good because his or her weapon is rrrrred!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirogane: yeah i agree, i don't know maybe i write like this because i feel like it was a wasted opportunity to do something unique with them. In the estabilished lore they had Ulrezaj (a 7 dark templars made archon) with ties to the Taldarim, which could have been nice to see instead of "eldar sith apprentice". I feel the same with other characters, like for example Rohana which could have been so much more interesting being basically collective memories incarnate and instead they went with old "conservative" lady. Like i feel she is one step removed from complaining about the kind of music young protoss listen to and telling Artanis to wear some warm armor in battle so he doesn't catch a cold.

I apologize for all my ranting and complaining, it's just that i feel let down and need to vent a little :(

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Just got Alarak, his de Lancieness has a weird effect over me. Feels like... home? Like, if there was ever a voice to speak to me in an eloquently condescending manner, that's the one I want to hear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.