Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Explain to me how I lost this match

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

Is there something about Zerg where once their Hatch goes down, they instantly lose? 

The replay is here:  http://rapidshare.com/files/422514299/howdidilose.SC2Replay 

Basically, what happened was, he proxy cannoned me as Toss (I was Zerg), and as fast as I could, I tried to do something about it. Knowing he was proxy gating lead me to the assumption that his base is worthless, so I rushed some lings up and brought it down. At the same time, he pushed the rest of his probes down and destroyed my hatchery. Even though I was about to re-expand back at his main, and I had 10+ lings and 7+ drones, it declared him the winner, and I was forced out. Explainations?

ShadowLords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShadowLords

i cant watch the replay right now but, did he kill every single on of your buildings and the hatchery was the last to go down? once you lose all buildings your declared a lose even if you have drones and money to rebuild

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wchigo

I haven't watched the replay yet but did you have any buildings left when your Hatchery died? Because you instantly lose when you have no more buildings left, even if you do still have units.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raymayne

Cause you suck bro.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By holycrapitsadam

You lost because you lost. Its as simple as that

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By haffy

Yeah you had no buildings. You seen the pylon in your base you could of scouted around but I doubt I would of either. Spine crawlers are probaly better at defending than roaches since they out range cannons.  Also you only need about 4 workers to kill a cannon off while it's warping in, don't bother with the pylons especially if he has a worker in your base since they're easier to remake than cannons.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aetos

I'm guessing he destroyed all of your buildings. If he did you auto lose. I can't watch right now though. Not at home.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen189
    @haffy said:
    " Yeah you had no buildings. You seen the pylon in your base you could of scouted around but I doubt I would of either. Spine crawlers are probaly better at defending than roaches since they out range cannons.  Also you only need about 4 workers to kill a cannon off while it's warping in, don't bother with the pylons especially if he has a worker in your base since they're easier to remake than cannons. "
    Oh, okay, thanks for a response where you're not a complete dick! I wasn't sure whether it was all buildings needed to be down, or all units.  Thanks!
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wchigo
    @haffy said:
    " Yeah you had no buildings. You seen the pylon in your base you could of scouted around but I doubt I would of either. Spine crawlers are probaly better at defending than roaches since they out range cannons.  Also you only need about 4 workers to kill a cannon off while it's warping in, don't bother with the pylons especially if he has a worker in your base since they're easier to remake than cannons. "
    I'm fairly certain cannons have the same range as Spine Crawlers actually.
    leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By leburgan
    @wchigo:  Yep both range 7
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By audiosnag

Yeah i've lost a match or two like that. Not a big fan of that rule especially when you have a good amount of units and are more then capable of rebuilding but i'm sure there's some reason for it. There better be anyway.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    @audiosnag said:
    " Yeah i've lost a match or two like that. Not a big fan of that rule especially when you have a good amount of units and are more then capable of rebuilding but i'm sure there's some reason for it. There better be anyway. "
    It's so Terran can lift off and survive but Zerg can't. =)
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By gunslingerNZ
    @Fallen189: Because you need buildings otherwise you lose. I'm sorry to say it but all you had to do was throw down a hatchery and defend it with your lings and you would have won. At the end you had enough minerals for several and all he had was 50 and no nexus.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By audiosnag
    @ComradeKritstov said:
    " @audiosnag said:
    " Yeah i've lost a match or two like that. Not a big fan of that rule especially when you have a good amount of units and are more then capable of rebuilding but i'm sure there's some reason for it. There better be anyway. "
    It's so Terran can lift off and survive but Zerg can't. =) "
    Ohhh i get it. Well that's fair, after all Terran are the weakest race and Zerg are WAY overpowered.  :P
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Feanor
    @audiosnag: QQ, zerg are not as bad as people make them out to be. Most people are just terrible at playing zerg.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By sjschmidt93

90% of the time, the only way to beat a good cheese is to scout it. If you do scout it, you'll beat it 100% of the time.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By audiosnag
    @Feanor: 
    No i know they're not it was a joke. I wouldn't play as Zerg if i thought they were crap. 
    I don't think Terran are OP, i think they have a few more nerfs coming their way but its more of a case of them being a little easier to play then Zerg IMO.
    LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By LeetBalla

Alright now, where do I begin. Ok, cheese plays like that suck, they just do. If it were me in that situation this is what I would have done. 

1. You scouted his main and he didn't wall off, it was good that you sent the lings to destroy his main; though it should have happened earlier. Better players would have put a photon cannon there to prevent you from getting in.  

2. Ditch your main, it doesn't matter. You had 1000 minerals at 4:00!!!! Don't ever let your money get that high. You should have taken two drones and double expanded, and then abandon the main all together; especially since the toss player didn't have any ground army, only static defense.  I think that is the main reason you lost. 

3. In ladder play the first person to destroy all of the other's structures wins. You had no more buildings left, that's why he won. You really were in control of that whole match. If you would have expanded, it would have been your win. 

If you ever want to play, my name is "FullDanner" character code 367

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By wunder_
    @Fallen189:  sc2replayed.com please! I can't download from rapidshare/megaupload :(
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189
    @LeetBalla said:
    " Alright now, where do I begin. Ok, cheese plays like that suck, they just do. If it were me in that situation this is what I would have done.  1. You scouted his main and he didn't wall off, it was good that you sent the lings to destroy his main; though it should have happened earlier. Better players would have put a photon cannon there to prevent you from getting in.   2. Ditch your main, it doesn't matter. You had 1000 minerals at 4:00!!!! Don't ever let your money get that high. You should have taken two drones and double expanded, and then abandon the main all together; especially since the toss player didn't have any ground army, only static defense.  I think that is the main reason you lost.  3. In ladder play the first person to destroy all of the other's structures wins. You had no more buildings left, that's why he won. You really were in control of that whole match. If you would have expanded, it would have been your win.  If you ever want to play, my name is "FullDanner" character code 367 "
    Many thanks. I know about the money thing, but I'm still bronze (and 20~ games played at that!) 

Just started maining Zerg aswell, because Terran is so boring, and Protoss seemed a bit too finicky for me. I've began to understand the need for queen expanding, due to mass injection production, it's just a lot to deal with as a new player :) 

I'm just learning 1/2 hotkeys at a time, slowly building my skill and speed up. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Feanor said:
    " @audiosnag: QQ, zerg are not as bad as people make them out to be. Most people are just terrible at playing zerg. "
    Fuck yeah.  Zerg is my sub, and as a huge fan of Idra, I fucking love 'em.  I still Bane Bust often, and man is that the best damn cheese move for vT.  x.x   I will not lie, every time I play as Zerg I go for the early win and I win most vT, but just gg out in almost every vZ/P match if it hits the 8min mark.  :( 

Also, how do you not pylon check your base?
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By audiosnag
    @KaosAngel
    @Feanor said:
    " @audiosnag: QQ, zerg are not as bad as people make them out to be. Most people are just terrible at playing zerg. "
    Fuck yeah.  Zerg is my sub, and as a huge fan of Idra, I fucking love 'em.  I still Bane Bust often, and man is that the best damn cheese move for vT.  x.x   I will not lie, every time I play as Zerg I go for the early win and I win most vT, but just gg out in almost every vZ/P match if it hits the 8min mark.  :( 

Also, how do you not pylon check your base?
    A well executed BaneBust is a beautiful thing.
    I feel like I climbed a level just figuring out how to use those, they're pretty much a neccesity for Zerg.
    You almost have to hit terran fast once they get mech they're tougher to crack specially if they expand.
    Idra's pretty rad, he can act like a bitch sometimes but he's damn good.
    Dimaga's pretty great too even though I heared he's switching to Terran for tourneys.
    That was disappointing.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By audiosnag

Heard. Not heared. Damn blackberry.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Shadow

No one wins when they play Starcraft.  Just say no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.