Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Mafia Custom Game

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slayergnome

So I am sure that there is someone else who posted about this game but I just have to say this is so much fun I have spent all weekend playing it. Basically it is a mind-game game the same as the party game.

You start off in one of 3 factions Townies, Neutral, or Mafia. Each of these have there own group that have there own special abilities and in the Neutral's case there own special objectives.  Basically thou the Mafia is trying to kill all the townies and the townies are trying to find and lynch all the mafia.

It has 2 sequences day and night. At night the mafia kills off a person and during the day the townies try to figure out who is mafia and lynch them. It is all text based basically. The townies have certain people to help them figure out who is mafia such as the sheriff who can detect one persons alignment every night but the mafia can talk tonight and the townies (for the most part) have no idea who the other townies are.  And the townies massively outnumber the mafia but if the mafia pick off enough people to get voting majority then they can easily win.

Also to mention the neutrals such as the serial killer, who's goal is to kill everyone, can throw a kink into everyone's plan.

Here is a list of all the people and the most basic strategy.

Townies:

Citizen – Can not do anything

Basic Strategy: Tell host to exclude Citizens sucks when you get stuck in this role
    Doctor - Can Keep one person alive
                   Basic Strategy: Find the sheriff and keep him alive
    Sheriff - Can tell what one person is each night
                    Basic Strategy:Find mafia tell doctor to keep you alive
    Investigator- Can get a vague description of one person each night
                    Basic Strategy: With this guy you get ambiguous descriptions which can be confusing.
                                                 I.E. Plays with knives is a Doctor or a serial killer
                                                Certain ones such as Is a mystic means that person is definitely a witch

If your sheriff is still alive point him in the right direction

Vigilante-   Can kill a person during night (Only up to 2 times unless the host changes default)

Basic Strategy: Do NOT kill randomly and you only have 2 bullets.

Consort: Can block one person’s ability

Basic Strategy: Figure out the people who can kill and don’t let them

Mason- Can talk to other masons at night

Basic Strategy: Figure out who the sheriff is and back him up.

Overall Town Strategy: Do NOT randomly lynch people unless the mafia is starting to gain majority. You can not afford to loose a sheriff or a doctor.

Neutral:
    Survivor: Can survive 2 gun attacks

Objective: Stay Alive

Basic Strategy: Letting people know you are a survivor usually does not hurt no one cares about killing you

Jester: N/A

Objective: Get Lynched

Basic Strategy: Falsely accuse people usually works

Witch: At night can make one person use there ability against another

Objective: All the townies must die

Basic Strategy: Find the Vig’s and make them kill the other townies, and you can make them kill themselves

Special Note: You can also use your power to block sheriff or get doc to heal you or get Serial killer to kill himself lost of fun with this power

Don’t Be Stupid: Do not test someone’s power out on yourself like me. Thought he was a doctor but ended up being a serial killer =D

Serial Killer: Can kill one person each night

Objective: Kill everyone

Basic Strategy: Kill the sheriff fast as you can, try to keep mafia and townies fighting and if an investigator says you play with knives claim to be a doctor.

Arson: Each night he can either douse one person or kill everyone he has previously doused

Objective: BURN everyone

Basic Strategy: Try to douse people you do not think will be killed and when everyone but you and one other person are doused let that baby burn

Mafia:

Godfather: Sends his Mafioso to kill one person each night, and when investigated by investigator is not suspicious

Basic Strategy: If you get accused by inspector claim to be a survivor/mafia strategy.

Mafioso-Suggests to kill one person each night if he gets blocked that person will not die

Basic Strategy: If you are accused by inspector claim be a vigilantly

Consiglienere-Checks one person's role each night

Basic Strategy: Pretend to be a investigator and try to find the doctor so mafia can take them down, If you are accused by investigator claim be a investigator

Consort -blocks one person each night

Basic Strategy: Block the sheriff/

Framer-Can make one person seem like he is a Mafioso

Basic Strategy: Try to frame the guy you think the sheriff will check that night and if they blame someone you framed then frame them again, If you are accused by anyone you are screwed

Janitor- Can erase a dead man’s identity

Basic Strategy: Just use your power on the guy the your god father is killing

Mafia Overall Strategy: Try to pick of the doctor so that you can then kill the sheriff. Also a rookie mistake is trying to defend the other members of the mafia. If they are found out that will lead them right back to you. If it is looking like someone in the mafia is going down you cheer them on. Also if the GF ever is killed one of the other roles will take his place unless disabled by the host.

So give this game a try it should be on the most popular list on custom games. If you have any funny stories or better strategies (And these where the most basic i could think of) Post them here.
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By eldiax

Wow, this seems really interesting. I actually think I've heard about this game in RL. I'll definitely check the map out!

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Titl

I love this custom game, it is by far the most interesting thing on Bnet. It relies on the players communicating rather than the game telling them what to do.

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Drizzle

I loved playing custom games on WC3, this game seems really interesting, i wish someone would re-create a Mafia Wars or Preschool Wars

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raiz265

How many players do you need or can actually play this at the same time?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By FireBurger

I've never played SCII, so I don't actually know how this works in-game, but this is a game that people play just sitting around in a circle.

Avatar image for golddeathmonkey
    golddeathmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By golddeathmonkey

it's totally cool but it's loosing popularity due to too many people collaborating to make sure there friends win

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eldiax

This is so fucking addictive. I'm loving it! Great find!

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By raiz265

I somehow doubt this works when randomly joinging a game on b.net

But it's probably great with people you know.

I guess we have a candidate for the next post King of the Hill funmap time :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.