Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Sooooooo... protoss duders how do you feel about terran balance?

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishan6

I just played a game today (Im Zerg and upper gold) and despite having tier 3 tech and 0-2 upgrades for both ground and air and having a abundance of mutalisks  infestors and hydralisks running off 2 bases almost fully saturated  i still lost to fucking marines\banshees\battlecruisers\seige tanks wen he was running off of only one base the whole game... 
    i wont lie im siked for the siege tanks nerf.  then maybe baneling busts will work against quick teching terrans that wall off.  i was pissed and couldnt help but cry imba 

however during the beta i played protoss as thats wat i played in sc1 and i was pretty good with them and never had any real problems against terrans 

so i was just wondering if playing against terran as protoss is as much of a bummer to you protoss players as it is to many zergs out their

Avatar image for jimmytheexploder
    JimmyTheExploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By JimmyTheExploder

Yer I play protoss, and I have to say I hardly ever beat terran they are very OP imo.  I had an hour long match today with a terran and despite the fact that pretty much the entire match I had him on the backfoot I still couldnt beat him. When I tried to beat his wall in he had ridiculous amounts of siege tanks behind it and it made it impossible. Eventually he just came out with banshees/battlecruisersa and completely destroyed me (I had like 5 bases). :(

I can only seem to beat terran in the early game, if it goes to a late game I always lose.

Matt_Wong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Matt_Wong

Terran are real weak to a good rush even if they wall off, I don't really find it imbalanced, but late game they can be very difficult to kill even with counter units used correctly.

MCHugsAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MCHugsAlot

As a Protoss player I think the biggest hurdle to overcome in the PvT match up is the Terrans ability to adapt so quickly and this ability to adapt is a direct result of their economic superiority.  Terran can gather minerals faster than any race, and expand safer/easier than any other race.  I've found the best way to counter this is to consistently scout potential expansions because once that economic advantage takes over I feel their is almost no way to recover in the matchup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.