Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

StarCraft II Live!

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Brazzle said:
    " My overwhelming excitement for this product has been tempered by the startling reveal that Jim Raynor's unit does not say "This is Jimmy".  What were the Blizz Team thinking? Is it going to be some late game wink and nod type thing or is the prolific line to be forgotten all together? "
    They could probably patch it in.
    b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By b33

anyone getting a bad sound delay on the archived videos?

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Sagalla
    @Branthog said:
    " FUCKING FUCK.   Fuck you, GiantBomb. Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuck you, StarCrat II. Fuck You, StarCraft II Live.  I have been contemplating building a new high end gaming rig just for Star Craft II for a few months, now. As I've pointed out in many other bitchy posts of mine, I can't justify all the cash and effort to build a rig just for the one game that I have cared about on PC in the last two years. $60 for SC2 is one thing. $60+$2,000 is ridicuous, for one game.  It used to be no big deal for me, but that was when there were enough enticing PC-only games each year to make it a no-brainer but for me to build a sweet new toy every year. No longer the case.  But god damn it. With about eleven hours left before the digital download unlocks, I'm finally caving in and just placed an order for all the parts I need for a sweet new system. I'm a fucking sheep. I am so weak willed. GOD DAMN IT! I SUCK! "
    You can pretty much max out Starcraft 2 with a 9800GT and a Pentium dual core - silly boy
    garion333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By garion333
    @Taklulas said:

" @Tru3_Blu3 said:

" @Branthog said:
    " FUCKING FUCK.   Fuck you, GiantBomb. Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuck you, StarCrat II. Fuck You, StarCraft II Live.  I have been contemplating building a new high end gaming rig just for Star Craft II for a few months, now. As I've pointed out in many other bitchy posts of mine, I can't justify all the cash and effort to build a rig just for the one game that I have cared about on PC in the last two years. $60 for SC2 is one thing. $60+$2,000 is ridicuous, for one game.  It used to be no big deal for me, but that was when there were enough enticing PC-only games each year to make it a no-brainer but for me to build a sweet new toy every year. No longer the case.  But god damn it. With about eleven hours left before the digital download unlocks, I'm finally caving in and just placed an order for all the parts I need for a sweet new system. I'm a fucking sheep. I am so weak willed. GOD DAMN IT! I SUCK! "
    $600-$700, actually. "
    Seriously I just bought myself a $600 rig, works great.  >.> who needs to pay $2000?  "
    Suckers, that's who. :P
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#205  Edited By armaan8014
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " The chat is full of asses. I'll just watch on GB from now on. "
    haha
    Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Slurpelve

will be there
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209  Edited By Branthog
    @Taklulas said:
    " @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    " @Branthog said:
    $600-$700, actually. "
    Seriously I just bought myself a $600 rig, works great.  >.> who needs to pay $2000?  "

I'm sorry, you must think you're talking to someone who isn't batshit crazy. I've plenty of rigs around that will suffice for what a $600 PC will do (my Mac Pro, for example). Some of us, however, have a little problem which is exactly why PC gaming is ridiculously expensive for us and why it's hard to justify these expenses with the diminishing number of PC titles that compel us to stick with PCs.

I could go with a low end i5 or i7 and a GTX295, but where's the fun in that (especially since I need to power a pair of dual 30" ACDs). No, I have to go the full HD5970, SSD, overclocked i7-930 route. You can see how this becomes a bit expensive.

Yes, I understand that one can play many games if they adjust their expectations, on a more affordable system. I know I have a problem. That's part of why I stopped building the annual high end $2k+ rig after about a dozen years (pretty much every year of my adult life, until I stopped).

But fucking StarCraft 2, against all my attempts, just sucked me right back in.

Of course, now I'll maybe finally get around to playing all those Steam games I've wracked up over the last two years (something like 210 games so far -- holy fucking hell...).

Mostly, I think I should blame Brad. I was fine until his excitement started to really dig up that itch. I was totally under control, until just after that. He may as well have just gone up to a recovering addicted and started smoking crack right in their faces...
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Branthog
    @garion333 said:
    " @Taklulas said:

" @Tru3_Blu3 said:

" @Branthog said:
    $600-$700, actually. "
    Suckers, that's who. :P "
    To be fair, i've spent far more on single system hardware before. It's just far easier to justify it when it's $10k or $20k for a Sun box for compiling and development and debugging rather than getting my ass owned by twelve year olds. :P

Also, $600 doesn't really pump out enough to run at a resolution that supports two 30" screens in full native 2560 resolution (not that it matters when it comes to Star Craft 2, since it doesn't support such dimensions outside of 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3 - but whatever).
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Branthog

Am I the only one who is so excited that they couldn't sleep (though I'm up all night anyway, by default) and is waiting until the unlock hour, even though they know that by the time that comes . . . and they get it installed . . . they'll be too tired to bother playing and will probably just go to bed for twelve hours?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#213  Edited By Seppli

Played the first 3 campaign missions thus far and I'm loving it.

Blizzard really know how to hit that sweetspot between presentation and streamlined pure gameplay - as well as keeping the recommended hardware speccs low while pulling off a great looking game.

Never before have I seen characters as alive as Jim Raynor et all, albeit I've seen many rendered with a way higher polycount and texture resolution. There's just that extra bit of magic dust glimmering in the eyes of Blizzards characters, that just puts them above and beyond their competition.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Branthog
    @Seppli said:
    "  Played the first 3 campaign missions thus far and I'm loving it.   Blizzard really know how to hit that sweetspot between presentation and streamlined pure gameplay - as well as keeping the recommended hardware speccs low while pulling off a great looking game.   Never before have I seen characters as alive as Jim Raynor et all, albeit I've seen many rendered with a way higher polycount and texture resolution. There's just that extra bit of magic dust glimmering in the eyes of Blizzards characters, that just puts them above and beyond their competition. "

And yet, no anti-aliasing.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#215  Edited By Brad
    @Branthog said:
    " Am I the only one who is so excited that they couldn't sleep (though I'm up all night anyway, by default) and is waiting until the unlock hour, even though they know that by the time that comes . . . and they get it installed . . . they'll be too tired to bother playing and will probably just go to bed for twelve hours? "

I had a pretty hard time sleeping last night too.
    thefjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#216  Edited By thefjk

W00t W00t!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#217  Edited By Bollard

Goddamn thats like 4am UK time... GRR.

Tryptophan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Tryptophan
    @FunkSausage: She is Bethany Massimilla from Gamespot. She does RPG, MMO, stuff on GS.
    I was wondering if the exodus is over or are we seeing her come over to GB as well as Eckberg maybe? Both would be sweet!
    @Branthog:  Arrg I feel that pain. Luckily I have moved on from the endless upgrading, and unnecessary power purchases. As much of a "problem" as it is, in all honesty I miss those days badly. 
    When I saw the unboxing of the CE I felt the pang, but I know I am terrible at RTS, and don't have a painful addiction to them.
    DIabloIIICE on the other hand is what I will go batshit upgrade fully fuckin' unhinged for. Shit I shouldn't have reminded myself.
    WhatTheDang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#220  Edited By WhatTheDang

Here's every TNT:  

Kessler: The chat has a question: Does this game have (tired giant bomb joke)? 

Ryan: That is a terrible question 

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ivanetc
    @WhatTheDang said:
    " Here's every TNT:    Kessler: The chat has a question: Does this game have (tired giant bomb joke)?  Ryan: That is a terrible question  "
    you have summed up my sentiments exactly 

thank you
    MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#223  Edited By MayorFeedback
    Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Food
    @drhans said:
    "
    "
    THANK YOU

can you do one just zoomed in on his face that keeps looping the eyes going crazy
    WingsLiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By WingsLiberty

StarCraft II is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, and two expansion packs, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.    

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By zaglis

HEY U GUIS WANT TO PLAY SUM STARCRAFT?

''Fuck you'' Brad is my new dekstop lol.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#228  Edited By Brackynews

Dang. Exiting full screen mode stops the stream and bolts me over to the justin.tv page.
    Flash players continue to have ridiculous quirks that self respecting media players do not.

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#229  Edited By karneh

I bring gifts.
    MacGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By MacGeorge
    @Karn:
    I see next week's I Love Mondays background in your future...
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Hourai

Archived videos aren't loading for me... 

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By nail1080

Wow only found this now, the news story was hidden in all the shovelware.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#233  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Karn said:
    "

I bring gifts. "
    Dude, these are EXACTLY what I wanted. Fuck me now sir!
    Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Jaserno

Is this Battletoads?

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#235  Edited By karneh
    @MordeaniisChaos:  *fucks*

I wish the quality would have been better, but I had to record it with camstudio because I don't know of any better desktop recorder right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, here we go.

kratier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By kratier

i love giant bomb streams, but seriously brad was trying to play a singleplayer game like it was a multiplayer clickfest. 

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By fjordson

Girls that dig sitting in on Starcraft marathons are bad ass in my book. Wish I could say the same for my wife.

Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Henrikhoe

bra must be the worst sc2 player ever. so many mistakes, oh well.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By RVonE

It's nice to see Bethany again. I hope she's doing well.
    eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#240  Edited By eduardo

I'd love to see how all these tough asses in the comments playing the game with thousands of people watching (and commenting) on launch day. Brad did great!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#241  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @Henrikhoe: LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Mistakes!
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#242  Edited By 234r2we232
    @fedorajay said:
    " @WhatTheDang said:
    " Here's every TNT:    Kessler: The chat has a question: Does this game have (tired giant bomb joke)?  Ryan: That is a terrible question  "
    Yup. 100% agreed. You come to expect it on every live feed now. "
    Wait. Are people blaming Matt for that or the community? Because as far as I'm aware, Matt's questions only come from the chat, so blame those idiots asking the questions, not the messenger.
    WhatTheDang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By WhatTheDang
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @fedorajay said:
    " @WhatTheDang said:
    Yup. 100% agreed. You come to expect it on every live feed now. "
    Wait. Are people blaming Matt for that or the community? Because as far as I'm aware, Matt's questions only come from the chat, so blame those idiots asking the questions, not the messenger. "
    If only he could control which questions to ask. Maybe by choosing not to ask the dumb ones? 
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#244  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I don't know if anybody here could answer this, but I noticed my copy of StarCraft II says "For European servers only", does that mean I wouldn't be able to play against americans, australians and koreans even if I wanted to?

By the way, I heard of the "StarCraft 2 might melt your CPU/GPU and set your apartment on fire" issue, so I looked closely on the core temperatures when I installed and ran the game. Interestingly enough, the Installer created more heat than the actual game. During install the CPU temperature was around 67-73 degrees celsius, during gameplay it kept between 55-65.

gyoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By gyoru

There is a way to change your copy of SC2's region (Ex: Korean copy playing on NA servers etc). Just search.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.