Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

StarCraft II - Map, Units & Weapon Editing Tutorials.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By yagami

I may start to do other things aswell, however, for today, I will focus on simple stuff.

We got a map editor to fool around with. Along with it, quite a lot of problems. And since Blizzard doesn't support it, I thought - what the hell.. We can teach oneanother. 

So, to start things out, here's a few things you can do. 

No Caption Provided

Create your own unit.

Here is how I created my Rammstein hero unit.

1. Select Reaper (or whatever unit you want to use), place it out on the map. Save! 2. Hit F7 to get into the Data Menu. 
    No Caption Provided
    3. Now we're in the Data Menu. Now, make sure that you have Data Source set to YOUR map.
    4. Set Data Type to Units. Now, you should get a list on all of your units currently on your map. If not, try to LOAD your map.
    5. Select your unit, then right click and select either Copy, OR Duplicate.
    NOTE: IF you select Duplicate, count on doing massive changes as almost everything gets Copy in the name, and as such, will nullify almost everything. I did it the hard way. Still, I have some major problems with ID's, we'll come to this soon.  
    6. Now with your copied/duplicated unit, go into the Show Viewer, as shown on the picture above. Pay extra notice to that some of the buttons have been pushed down! - As you can see, AI - Evaluation has been set to "Rammstein".

7. If you scroll down a bit, you will see Editor - Description. For the Reaper it says:  Raider. Capable of jumping up and down cliffs. <n/><n/><c val="#ColorAttackInfo">Can attack ground units.</c>

The n/ n/ c val /c stands for:
    <n/> (Line break.)
     <c val (Color value.></c>
    You can edit this line by double clicking on the "Raider....." text.

Once you've done that, or not.. - continue to move downwards until you find; Unit - Leader Alias. Right now, it says Reaper.. Let it be for now, you CAN change it into existing Unit names BUT you can't have it to say exactly what you want.

8. Instead, move down a bit and you will see; Unit - Name: Double click and write IN THE TEXT KEY FIELD: Unit/Name/Reaper. Change "Reaper" into something else. Now it should say Unit/Name/Whateveryounamedit.
    When you've done that, enter the name of your Unit in the text-box below the Text Key, and hit "OK". You will notice how Leader Alias along a few other bars changed name into what you just had written.

Now, just as a test, click on the Leader Alias, you should now see your unique (maybe) fighter-type!

No Caption Provided

Well, that's it for today, i'll do a new one tom... actually it is 01:01, which means that it is today again...

And by the way, about those "ReaperD8Attack Copy" things that's there... I have no clue what to do with them. -.-''

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

If you keep this up, you will officially be one of my favorite users on here.  I wanna learn how to use the Galaxy Editor and I want to make my own kind of Hero game, please promise us that you'll keep making tutorials.   

How do you change it into a hero with equips?

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By yagami
    @KaosAngel: Haha, well, it isn't a "Hero". I was foolish enough to not explain that, so I will do it now.

Hold on a sec while I get proper material to explain. ^.^

(3 mins...)

No Caption Provided
    So... in order to make your Unit a "Hero", in my eyes... you simply just need to add a few extra changes. My Rammstein Unit has 520 life, AND a Protoss Shield with a value of 40 which regenerates 1 Shield meter/sec. At this time, it has no special moves as I am NOT getting along with the editor at all. There is a lot which can be improved on it, and I HOPE that they will release an update to it. ...Or... in a week or 2.. I actually have managed to figure out how to bypass these incredibly annoying tiny things.

I would also like to add that when you've created your units, things WILL be missing. I think mostly of Sound Effects, and visual ones aswell. But I will see if I can find a solution to that today, as I haven't really gotten into that right now.. sound that is. I have been trying to fix visual effects but the editor isn't my best friend.

Here is a size comparisson between a Reaper and Rammstein. Also, the description of the unit, and the stats of it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.