Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

This has got to be one of my favorite releases this year.

• 55 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

I've been obsessively playing all day today. One of the best multiplayer experiences I've seen in awhile. I hope the community stays strong. And its just insane that this is free. I'm already pondering sinking money into it though so.. I guess they did their job and got me eh?

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tan

I played it a lot early in Beta and thought it was really cool, I've been meaning to get back to it. Also loved the amount of "gl;hb" early in Beta. Definetaly put a smile on my face.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By musubi

Yeah, turn it back on man. Its SO much better since the beta. They've added new pros and all the tweaks they made are great.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Christoffer

I guess you play on the american server (sadly, I'm not)? I'm no good but I'm getting more into it by every match. I admit I have a love/hate relationship to smnc since I'm so heavy into shooters (being experienced at shooters doesn't necessarily mean anything in this game). But I think I will play a whole lot more before I give up. It's just so addictive.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'm with you. I haven't put a ton of time into this, but I can already see this being in my top 5 of the year. I already dumped like $10 into this game. It isn't much and I would've dumped more into the game, but for reasons unknown to me, sometime during the beta, Uber gave me a shit ton of credits to spend in the shop so i got the stuff I immediately wanted right away.

In any case, this game is so much fucking fun. It's hard to quantify really, but, in my opinion, it just feels like so much heart and soul was poured into this game. It's more than likely my wild imagination, but I'm convinced it's easy to tell when a developer had fun making a game. It just shows. Even when I'm losing, I'm still having a blast and I don't think I can say that about many games.

My only 'problem' with this game is it's missing something and that is (I stole this from a user on the Uber forums so I can't take credit for it lol) Megabeth needs a quote that goes, "my hips are moving on their own." If you don't know what that means, congratulations on staying pure. If you do know what that means, you can't tell me a joke like that doesn't fit Uber's style of humor lol. I mean, it's fucking perfect haha. Seriously though, I don't care if they add that to the game or not. I'll still love it either way.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Phatmac

From what I played of it it seems alright. I don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon, but at least I didn't hate it.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By joeq1159

Im so hooked on this game. I think SMNC is one of the most interesting free to play games out there. I'm already level 100 after getting a head start in the beta and Ive enjoyed every minute of it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

Just played a few more matches. Went 19-0 and then 12-0 and won both matches. I am ALL about Megabeth. She is so good at destroying groups of bots quickly. harassing other pros and generally just being bad ass. I really wanna buy the one costume she has without the helmet. I really wanna give Cheston and Veteran a go hopefully they rotate them in this week.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joeq1159

Beth is amazing at destroying bots. If Beth doesn't have one of the highest bot kills by the end of the match then you aren't playing her right. Plus she can track pros with her rockets with the homing laser.

I really love Vet. He is one of the most interesting Pros in a match. His claw can pull higher level pros right to the team, allowing them the gang up on the pro and take them out. A level advantage wont mean much if the team is chain grappling an enemy pro. Plus Freight Train is absolutely amazing. At level 4 it can one shot a bot lane. At first it seems like Vet is lacking in the Bot killing department, but by the end of the match the Vet has the easiest time taking out Bots. I love Vet. Him and Spark are my favorite pros to play.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By kindgineer

@Demoskinos: The experience I've had has been great and lead me to purchasing MegaBeth because I can't get used to the other characters like I have with her

Add ck1nd and we can play together :D

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By monetarydread

This is my favorite of the three f2p shooters released in the past month.

Edit: Blacklight, Monday Night Combat, Tribes are the three I was talking about.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By alistercat

Some people seem to take it so seriously but I enjoy it as a fun, quirky shooter. A better Monday Night Combat. I don't see that lasting with so many people whining about 'noobz'. I just want to have fun.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I liked the first but felt in the end that it was a gimmicky TF2 clone.

I like what I have seen of Super though, might give it a shot if I can convince myself that I want to play another multiplayer shooter

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musubi

@AlisterCat: In all fairness its extremely frustrating to lose a match when your having the match of your life yet you still lose the match because your team doesn't have it together. You can have fun but you also need to be learning how to play properly so you don't screw your team over.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I really enjoy it even though im only any good at support classes, I can't for the life of me play Assassin ... I feel like the community is taking a turn for the worse at the moment, It seems almost as bad as Dota communitys sometimes.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d

@Demoskinos said:

@AlisterCat: In all fairness its extremely frustrating to lose a match when your having the match of your life yet you still lose the match because your team doesn't have it together. You can have fun but you also need to be learning how to play properly so you don't screw your team over.

Play with friends. Think of it as a MOBA, which it is, the community always sucks. I played with some GB dudes last night, and before we started people on our team said GLHB ()as you do) and then the other team proceeded to call us fags, then we decimated them and THEN WHO WAS LAUGHING MOTHERFUCKERS.

Anyway, the game is really fun when you play with people that aren't pricks, and it helps when you do well :D

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#17  Edited By alistercat

@Demoskinos said:

I understand, but I don't care. As long as your idea of fun isn't griefing then I don't care what you do. Otherwise the logical conclusion of that argument is that people who even after trying aren't good shouldn't be allowed to play. Which is wrong. Especially with free to play.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Giefcookie

If I played multiplayer games, SMNC would be the one. Did some matches but the constant feeling of not being useful to the team really takes it out of me.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Welding

There's something you guys need to know...

In the SMNC community, GLHB stands for "Good Luck Have Bacon" and has no relation to the GB meme whatsoever.

I know, it broke my heart too.

But yeah, put 120 hours and about 25 bucks into the game and loving it to death. Maining Veteran and Wascot, but also really enjoy both Combat Girl and Megabeth.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mpgeist

I want to play but these MOBA style games scare the shit out of me. If people freak out during ME3 MP, I can only imagine how bad it gets on this game.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Thoseposers

@TripleBeat: when i was playing more during the beta people were saying it in regards to giant bomb

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Trilogy

Downloading it now! I've been having a itch for some MP action. I know there's probably a creme for that but SMNC might do the job as well.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mister_V

@mpgeist: I never played a MOBA game before this and haven't had a problem with it. If you watch the quick look ex of SMNC you will learn enough from that to not suck. you should give it a go as it's a really fun game.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zaglis

Really? Probably the most disappointing releases for me this year.

Instead of making it a better shooter , they made it more of a MOBA - which is just completely boring for me. MMC felt like a poor UE3 mod, but the potential was definitely there, too bad twith SMNC hey chose the be a full on MOBA instead of a 3rd person shooter with MOBA elements.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By owack6

This game is pretty amazing and i agree the best multiplayer i have played in a very long time mainly because it actually requires you to partner up and play with a team and i cant say that about any other action game out there.

But i have one major complaint after playing about 50 hours i reached the point where me and my friend get put up against teams that all 5 are playing together and or just way better than us, this may be because of the relatively small player base we are getting to play the best players in the game, it is really a drag to just get steamrolled over and over again and just knocks the wind out your sails.

Another major problem is i cant see myself switching Pros since i will just get destroyed playing a class i dont know and probably not learn too much in the process while also losing us the match.

More maps and more casual modes would probably negate this problem but as this game just came out im willing to stick it out and see what Uber can produce.

Overall it still a fantastic game and everyone should check it out.

Ill leave my steam ID if anyone wants to make a group.

Steam ID: Owack6.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Grillbar

i dont like it, i find it really boring. dont know why but im super glad that other people do like it

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mister_V

@zaglis: That move was always going to alienate some people. I really like playing a shooter that's not all about head shots and rewards you for playing conservatively (not feeding the other team). Don't get me wrong I still love games like BF3 but this is a nice companion to those games.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Welding

@mpgeist: Seriously, SMNC is the easiest MOBA game to get into. You only have 3 abilities to upgrade per character and its pretty clear about what is going on.

Just watch the overview video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0wujrO18U, download the game, play a low difficulity class and have some damn fun!

You'll get paired with low lvl players so you won't get completely destroyed.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musubi
    @AlisterCat Not actively participating in advancing your team to victory is in itself griefing.
    Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jrinswand

I've only played a round or two and it seemed really cool, but until they implement some sort of better matchmaking system, I don't think I'll be coming back to it. It took me around 20 minutes to get into a match the other day. I don't have the kind of free time where I can just sit around in a lobby waiting to play a video game. Plus, I've been playing a whole lot of Tribes lately and I don't think I have the time for two F2P shooters. Plus, with Tribes it is easy to hop in for 20-30 minutes and then hop back out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ravenlight

@AlexW00d said:

Play with friends. Think of it as a MOBA, which it is, the community always sucks. I played with some GB dudes last night, and before we started people on our team said GLHB ()as you do) and then the other team proceeded to call us fags, then we decimated them and THEN WHO WAS LAUGHING MOTHERFUCKERS.

Anyway, the game is really fun when you play with people that aren't pricks, and it helps when you do well :D

Man, we smoked every team we were matched up against last night but steamrolling the haters was definitely the icing on the victory cake.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Anyone else absolutely in love with Spark? I still suck with him, but damn, when you roll up on a distracted enemy, stun him and his teammate, toss one of em off the map, and disappear before they even have a chance to react - you feel like the most gangsta mofo on the planet lol. I think he could benefit from a minor buff in certain areas, but he's not too shabby right now. Hell, he might even replace Beth as my main.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HelicopterSpy

The people don't really yell at you too much, because a lot of people are just learning. I'm sure once the "I'm gonna play like an idiot because it's FREE!" crowd thins out, it'll get a little more intense. This game led me to download League Of Legends and play just a beginner practice match. The yelling even in that was insane.

That said, this game is pretty great. Cheston is not only a great character design, but a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Redsox44

I sucked when I played a couple times during the beta but i enjoyed it more than when I sucked in the DOTA 2 beta :) if that means anything. I just stink at MOBAs in general :(. But I might play this again now that it's officially out and I got that awesome giantbomb skin!

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By owack6

@Redsox44 said:

I sucked when I played a couple times during the beta but i enjoyed it more than when I sucked in the DOTA 2 beta :) if that means anything. I just stink at MOBAs in general :(. But I might play this again now that it's officially out and I got that awesome giantbomb skin!

Thats the veteran and hes not that easy to play actually, i'd recommend a support class to start with if you wanna learn the ropes.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By returnofjake

Glad this game is getting the attention it deserves. I've sunk over 200 hours into it since the end of last year and I'm still loving it.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By McBradders

@mpgeist said:

I want to play but these MOBA style games scare the shit out of me. If people freak out during ME3 MP, I can only imagine how bad it gets on this game.

This hasn't been so bad. Ignore the post game chat and you should be fine. Just make sure you have a general idea of your preferred playstyle, how to play MOBA's and pick the right character and you should be golden :)

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By McBradders
    No Caption Provided

lol

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By MachoFantastico

I enjoyed Monday Night Combat a great deal, for my own personal experience I actually think the free to play model hurts the overall feel of Super Monday Night Combat. Still fun to pick up and play but the need to invest money into the game is a little to prominent when you play. Still it's a fun game, just kind of made me wish it was release as a full game instead of being free to play.  

I'm sure the developers are happy though, F2P seem to be making breathtaking amounts of money for developers. It's just I don't think I care as much about the experience to invest my own cash whereas I would have probably purchased a full game release. 

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Barrock

So I'm loving the game but some of the stuff seems way too expensive. :(

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jeldh

@TrueEnglishGent: What makes its prominent to invest money? I'm just curious as I have never really understood why you would have to buy anything in the game with real money except for skins.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By musubi

@Barrock: Have you ever played Team Fortress 2? Just asking cause the prices are about on par with that stuff. And I'll say... i did pay $14 for a TF2 hat a few times....

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Barrock

@Demoskinos said:

@Barrock: Have you ever played Team Fortress 2? Just asking cause the prices are about on par with that stuff. And I'll say... i did pay $14 for a TF2 hat a few times....

Yup, and I couldn't see myself paying that much for that stuff either. I just wish I could give them $60 and get all the characters and a decent amount of costumes. The Bacon Bundle which isn't even everything is $150. Normally $339.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Syndrom

it's crazy fun if you have no early leavers in the game, you can still win with 4vs5 but most of the time you're screwed really.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By veektarius

This game totally didn't do it for me. The weapons have no impact - even the throws feel loose and squirrely. The only time I really felt like I was having fun was when our team was dominating and I was able to rip right through enemy players, but that's not the outcome of a good game. Add to that the fairly unattractive character models and skins that are both overpriced and generally undesirable... just not for me.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im up around lvl 38 and I am really starting to have issues with teams being not great. I love this game, I want to play it as much as I can but its such a downer when people completely ignore bots to try to kill the one support that keeps poking and end up letting the other team steamroll.

Yagya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Yagya

@MrCaptain said:

@TrueEnglishGent: What makes its prominent to invest money? I'm just curious as I have never really understood why you would have to buy anything in the game with real money except for skins.

Well, apparently you HAVE to make a $$$ purchase if you want to trade items. Kinda screwy.

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Atary77

I'm liking the game myself but the only gripe I have against it are how the turrets are handled. In the original game your team had to invest in the turrets and defenses and you could choose what type of defenses like a tower defense game which added all kinds of possibilities for tactics and it made the single player mode a lot of fun too. Now that players can't do anything with the turrets it just feels like any other MOBA game out there which I'm not too big a fan of. And it especially sucks when you just get steam rolled and there's practically no real way of coming back from that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By musubi

@Yagya: Not really... TF2 is the same way. Its a premium feature and one that I think should only be open to people who have invested money.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jeldh

@Atary77 said:

I'm liking the game myself but the only gripe I have against it are how the turrets are handled. In the original game your team had to invest in the turrets and defenses and you could choose what type of defenses like a tower defense game which added all kinds of possibilities for tactics and it made the single player mode a lot of fun too. Now that players can't do anything with the turrets it just feels like any other MOBA game out there which I'm not too big a fan of. And it especially sucks when you just get steam rolled and there's practically no real way of coming back from that.

I played alot of Monday night combat and a lot of matches ended up being a stalemate because everyone kept upgrading turrets and going defence. The patch that introduced sudden death made nearly all matches continue until suddendeath and it was just a race who would kill the moneyball first. In SMNC the action goes back and forth with a greater pace if the teams are somewhat even.

And I still cant see why its prominent to buy anything in the game, Uber gave 15$ because I was in the Beta and I still havent bought anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.