Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Best looking third person game to date as well as best RPG?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Pumpe

Wish I liked as much as most people seem to do, but I simply cant get into it. Then again, I found Witcher 1 mediocre. Had some hopes about Witcher 2 cutting away some of the things I didnt like with Witcher 1 (guess it was mostly about the game market being dry this spring).

The so-called mature thing they got going: cursing and nudity. Id call that a 15-16 year old thing, not that Im judging. Would be fine if the cursing didnt feel so forced. Tossing in fuck and stuff just for the sake of it.
    The combat doesnt engage me. Every time I do a swing it feel like Im sitting on the Witchers shoulder and giving commands. I wanna feel like I am the character.
    However, the number 1 reason I cant get into the Witcher games is just because I hate Geralt. I hate his name, his looks, his voice and pretty much everything about him.

Since I cant get into it could someone answer me this: Is the sex like in Witcher 1? As in: girl with DD-cups go: Hello Witcher! I heard you are good in bed: lets fuck!!!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Animasta

hating his name is pretty dumb

MrBoBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By MrBoBo

It seems most people agree apart from trolls and fanboys.
    Which is good,  it means you are a cool dude who is most right.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By neozeke
    @Icemael: I agree with you on Okami. Such a beautiful game. But, I feel that you're thinking more in terms of style rather than just the sheer graphics, which is cool, but I think the OP is more talking about the latter rather than the former. 

I still haven't seen TW2 in person, but from what I've seen I don't really care for the art style. At any rate it looks pretty good from the screenshots and videos I've seen.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Subjugation
    @MrBoBo said:
    I think so. Do you agree?
    I appreciate the thought and refined argument used in your post.
    ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ChillyUK7
    @Pumpe: I couldn't disagree more, 'fuck' is barely ever just thrown into conversations for no reason, the dialogue has some brilliant strong language 'my arms are as strong as a bulls bollocks' come on how great is that, this isn't a shooter where 'fuck' is used in every sentence. The nudity makes sense I doubt u would say a film that had a sex scene imature so why call out the Witcher? as for the combat you may want to use a 360 controller, for me it felt more natural for a hack n slash game with no party selection.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Animasta
    @MrBoBo said:
    It seems most people agree apart from trolls and fanboys.Which is good,  it means you are a cool dude who is most right.
    I actually think metro 2033 looks better than this sometimes, I think they're mostly equal, all things considered.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By valrog

You goddamn troll, without considering the art style (which is purely subjective, so I don't really see a point why you keep brining that up), The Witcher is more advanced than anything you mentioned. It's also funny how you mention art style and Assassin's Creed, especially how The Witcher actually has an art direction worth mentioning while Assassin's Creed is trying to be realistic but fails miserably.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By SirOptimusPrime
    @valrog: Don't fight it. He completely neglected your entire argument about the sphere problem, which is like the basis for computer graphics and design in its entirety. So if he doesn't want to deal with the counterargument that overpowers his entire point (while also using the argument of artistic value), let him continue and troll himself into the ground.

It's too obvious now icemael. Say "from an artistic standpoint" next time or else you look like a troll who has no idea what he is talking about. 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @valrog said:
    You goddamn troll, without considering the art style (which is purely subjective, so I don't really see a point why you keep brining that up), The Witcher is more advanced than anything you mentioned. It's also funny how you mention art style and Assassin's Creed, especially how The Witcher actually has an art direction worth mentioning while Assassin's Creed is trying to be realistic but fails miserably.
    Don't bother dude.  Any fool can see that The Witcher 2 is a damned beautiful game and well beyond Ass Creed 2.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#111  Edited By Icemael
    @valrog said:

You goddamn troll, without considering the art style (which is purely subjective, so I don't really see a point why you keep brining that up), The Witcher is more advanced than anything you mentioned.

Go read my posts, you fucking moron. All you've been doing is posting counterargument after counterargument for arguments that I have at no point brought up -- arguments that only exist in your imagination

Show me where I said that the games I mentioned are more technologically advanced. Show me where I said a technologically inferior game must look better than a technologically superior one. Go ahead. Fucking show me.

@valrog said:

It's also funny how you mention art style and Assassin's Creed, especially how The Witcher actually has an art direction worth mentioning while Assassin's Creed is trying to be realistic but fails miserably.

Yeah, rendering some of the most beautiful buildings in existence is "failing miserably". I mean, what the fuck is this shit:
    No Caption Provided

@SirOptimusPrime said:

@valrog: Don't fight it. He completely neglected your entire argument about the sphere problem, which is like the basis for computer graphics and design in its entirety. So if he doesn't want to deal with the counterargument that overpowers his entire point (while also using the argument of artistic value), let him continue and troll himself into the ground.

It's too obvious now icemael. Say "from an artistic standpoint" next time or else you look like a troll who has no idea what he is talking about. 
    What is this, Illiterate Week? Read my goddamn posts. I don't need to address his sphere argument because it does not negate anything I have said. It is not a "problem". It is not a "counterargument that overpowers my entire point". It is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
    GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GrandHarrier
    @OdinsThunder said:
    This game destroys dragon age. I cannot stand that game and it's crappy characters/lore.

The first witcher game destroys dragon age, and the TW2 takes a mighty dump on it from height.
    What, exactly, makes the Witcher have better characters and lore than Dragon Age, exactly? Because I'm personally on the other side of the fence. I find the Witcher to be pretty terrible. But to each their own, right?

Incidently, half the time when Triss talks I can't tell if she is supposed to be a scientist or a mage.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By Kazona

Ok, after all this praise I have to ask:

Is this game playable on a Q6600 processor with an 8800GTS 512?
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Cloudenvy

There are several JRPG's I would say are better/more fun RPG's than The Witcher 2.

It looks pretty good from a pure visual standpoint though.
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By kyrieee

Why does someone who hasn't played the game come in here and talk about how other games look better? Watching a youtube video and playing the game is not the same thing. I've played the AC games and they don't come close to The Witcher 2. Do they have more impressive architecture? Sure, but that's not really the topic discussed here. TW2 has better character models, textures, shadows, lighting and other atmospheric effects.

Here are some sick looking screens:
     http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541768821559054580/0FC6E2765BA14DB1AAA75E63620D7E7482CC89AC/
     http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541768821559053134/CDC94FCAB52677603E580DD74122C93BC4901CA5/
     http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541768821557805729/D205586A7A2092FA17E10DE3EAE82A1CAE88D3BF/  

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#116  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @GrandHarrier said:
    @OdinsThunder said:
    This game destroys dragon age. I cannot stand that game and it's crappy characters/lore.

The first witcher game destroys dragon age, and the TW2 takes a mighty dump on it from height.
    What, exactly, makes the Witcher have better characters and lore than Dragon Age, exactly? Because I'm personally on the other side of the fence. I find the Witcher to be pretty terrible. But to each their own, right?Incidently, half the time when Triss talks I can't tell if she is supposed to be a scientist or a mage.
    Mages are the scientists in the Witcher universe.
    The Witcher himself is not a blank slate protagonist you inhabit in DA, he has huge back story and personality from the books after which these 2 games were based. He is not a hero or an antihero, Geralt is almost unnerving in how much he manages to stay neutral in conflicts around him even if that neutrality quite often makes a lot of people pissed off with him.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By trace

This was a weak topic to begin with, and now it's degraded into an unnecessary pissing contest of aggressive opinions. We don't need more of that rubbish on Giant Bomb.

If you can't have a respectful discussion over difference in opinion, and must resort to bandying about worthless, insulting terms like "troll" or "fanboy," then do us all a favor and please don't participate in the discussion. Thanks.

I think this conversation's gone on far too long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.