Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Now this is how you support a game

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By atejas

They just released another patch for The Witcher, look at the features:

"Modifications:
    - copy securities (DRM) are removed
    - playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
    - patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics

Additionally:
    - 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’."

So basically they removed any forms of copy protection, fixed the few remaining bugs with the game, and threw in some of the best fanmade quests for the hell of it.

This is the same company which ironed out and polished practically the whole game, rerecorded over 500 lines of dialogue, improved the graphics, and released the patch for free.

They also released the soundtrack and modding kits for free and have actively been endorsing the most popular mods for their game.

Quite a heartening example in this age of Horse Armour and $60 expansion packs.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By atejas

They just released another patch for The Witcher, look at the features:

"Modifications:
    - copy securities (DRM) are removed
    - playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
    - patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics

Additionally:
    - 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’."

So basically they removed any forms of copy protection, fixed the few remaining bugs with the game, and threw in some of the best fanmade quests for the hell of it.

This is the same company which ironed out and polished practically the whole game, rerecorded over 500 lines of dialogue, improved the graphics, and released the patch for free.

They also released the soundtrack and modding kits for free and have actively been endorsing the most popular mods for their game.

Quite a heartening example in this age of Horse Armour and $60 expansion packs.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cerza

Nice!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I just downloaded it. I love this company and when they do release a new game. I'm there. They have my full support.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That's really amazing.  I'm gonna have to play it again sometime soon.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Out_On_Bail

That is definitely cool of them.  It's good to see companies offer such great support, hopefully one day all of them will follow suit.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

CD Projekt really has been doing wonders with The Witcher over the course of its life. Really nice and refreshing to see them continue to support the game even after so long from the release date. I do wonder though when / if they intend to make an announcement for either a new Witcher game or entirely new IP.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Actually just ordered the game a few days ago, should be getting my new PC today.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Hamz:
    CD Projekt's chief said they're on it, but won't announce it officially. CDP works mostly in the game distribution business and, well, they are struggling a bit. But he said that there will be news near the end of the year about the next Witcher game (which is not going to be the stop-signed console version, although they'll probably return to it) and another unrelated title.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

That would make me WANT to buy it more than pirate, just to spread the witcher love.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By BawlZINmotion

CD Projekt is a classic PC developer. Not many exist anymore, hopefully they hold steady. I'm there day and date for the Witcher 2, whenever its time may come.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.