Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Favorite Gear/Loadout

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I've been enjoying the shit out of TF2's multiplayer (PS4). It's fast pace, bounty of unlocks, and really slick network features have made me forget all about BF1, atm. I'm finding myself using a lot of the starter gear though: first tier assault rifle, first tier anti-titan weapon, stim, Ion titan. . .I'm wondering what everyone's favorite loadouts and gear are. I've made loadouts for every weapon type, but all I've actually used is my assault load out-got that all time kill modifier for my weapon sight today.

I love the amount of cosmetics they give you to unlock and customize with; I will say I've bought a few mountain dews since getting the game.

All in all I think this game is a great package, and I hope the multiplayer lives on for a while. I'm sure the free dlc will help.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I usually rock devotion with either sonar, stim or phase with the mag launcher. As far as titans go I just use tone because the one of the two titans that's worth using and I don't like legion.

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my favorite primary is probably Softball, secondary Hammond and Tactical is phase shift.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NotSoSneakyGuy

After regenerating I think I've settled on Phase (ability), Electric Smoke (Ordnance), EPG-1 (Primary), and Wingman (Secondary).

With the high speed of the movement, I really enjoy kills with the EPG-1. It basically being a 100% accurate rocket launcher means that aiming down sights is unnecessary. Along with Wingman headshots, I find the one shot kills while wall-running or sliding skillful and satisfying.

Phase and Electric Smoke are both great offensive and defensive abilities. I like Phase better than Cloak, although I'll admit that Cloak is probably more useful.

Titan-wise I'm in between choices now. I've reached R3.0 on Ronin so I'm trying out the other Titans.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@notsosneakyguy said:

After regenerating I think I've settled on Phase (ability), Electric Smoke (Ordnance), EPG-1 (Primary), and Wingman (Secondary).

With the high speed of the movement, I really enjoy kills with the EPG-1. It basically being a 100% accurate rocket launcher means that aiming down sights is unnecessary. Along with Wingman headshots, I find the one shot kills while wall-running or sliding skillful and satisfying.

Phase and Electric Smoke are both great offensive and defensive abilities. I like Phase better than Cloak, although I'll admit that Cloak is probably more useful.

Titan-wise I'm in between choices now. I've reached R3.0 on Ronin so I'm trying out the other Titans.

If you ever want to use a more traditional gun, the SMG weapon class also means not having to aim down your sights. They're far more accurate with hipfire than any other weapon class, with the the CAR and the Volt being the most accurate.

That's something I really like about this game. There's quite a variety of ways to play.

@sloppydetective:

One other thing I've been enjoying is Hemlock, extra ammo, tacti-kill, cloak, power cell, low-profile, and a titan with an assault chip. With this combination, I hang around the rooftops and windows killing everything at range while being cloaked. With power cell and tacti-kill, I can keep my cloak up for a good amount of the time. It's exactly the opposite of rushing with an SMG and phase shift, which is my other favorite way to play.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any SMG with gunrunner is fantastic, been mostly using the CAR since I started playing. Beside that, I roll with either stim or phase, and the two longer range titans (Tone and Northstar) depending on the map.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By gundogan

@spaceinsomniac: The Alternator and Volt have almost no hipfire spread. The CAR and R97 have some, but not much. Same goes for the R201. The Alternator and Volt are the best weapons in the game right now in my opinion because they have very little hipfire spread and are solid damage wise. Yes the Alternator has a bit more recoil than most weapons, but tap firing is still accurate for very long range. For controller users the Hemlock is good too because burst fire weapons and aim assist always go well together.

Surprisingly good weapons? The Devotion is a monster when fully ramped up, both ADS and hipfire. And even at its slowest, it's still a G2 basicly. Although not top tier, all of the Grenadier weapons are also pretty good if you keep moving around.

Attachments: pick the tactical reduction one for sure.

Ordnance: Firestar is amazing against Titans (yes you can blind them if you hit the cockpit + massive damage), smoke and Arc grenades (stuns Titans too funny enough) are really good too.

Grapple vs Stim (the rest is just preference really): Stim is better overall. To get the same speed with the hook, you need to be kinda precise with it while with Stim it's just use it and slidehop away.

Secondaries: the MGL launcher is the best and safest allround anti-Titan weapon (amped it dooms Ronin/Northstar in two mags). The Mozambique is kinda like the Mastiff, but better most of the time?

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
    PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PurplePartyRobot

My go-to, all purpose loadout is the R-201 with quick reload/fast ADS/HCOG, MGL, Phase Shift, Frag Grenade, Low Profile, and Fast Recovery. R-201 stands a fair chance against weapons and can be fairly accurate at a distance if you fire it in bursts. Quick reload and fast ADS means you can go immediately into precision fire from a sprint and reload quickly after an engagement. MGL can tear up titans (even more so with Amped Weapons) but has the risk of being closer to the titan to work. Phase Shift with Fast Recovery can help reset a bad engagement since you can get some health back by the time you pop out. Phase Shift also gives you two charges when off cooldown completely, so I can use another if I need to escape a bad situation. Also note that Phase Shift leaves a brief trail for the enemy to see so they know the general direction you disappeared to, but you can use this to your advantage. The loadout's biggest problem is the lack of a mobility option- wallrunning/bunnyhopping is a must to get anywhere reasonably quickly. Low Profile helps with this by removing your jumpjet contrails on your character when doing these things, which could help with flanking.

If I need a rushdown loadout, I use the EVA auto shotgun with tactikill/extended magazine/iron sights, MGL, Stim, Frag Grenade, Low Profile, and Battery Pack. The EVA shogtun rips through anything within 20 feet of you within 1-3 shots and fires reasonably fast. Also ideal for making kills while performing acrobatics: no accuracy loss or expanded cone of fire if fired from the hip. Extended magazine helps mop up groups of enemies. If some of them happen to be pilots, tactikill reduces ability cooldown timers, making sure you're out of there before other enemies take notice: you can reload while you jet away from the crime scene ready while your health quickly recovers. Stim also works well with the MGL: shoot titans in the back and use it to quickly escape if a titan turns its attention to you. No Fast Recovery means waiting to get your health back if things went bad, but between the battery and the tactikill attachment, as long as you kill a pilot you shouldn't have to wait long.

Titan-wise, I use a Legion with Turbo Engine and Bulwark. I think Turbo Engine is an absolute must if you want to keep a heavy titan around for as long as possible. Speed is the greatest weakness of both Scorch and Legion, having a slow movement speed without any dashes by default. Having a single dash is a great utility on heavy titans; you can get places faster or quickly reposition yourself, a huge plus on Legion. Legion has something of a double-edge sword with its Gun Shield: when it's active, Legion keeps the cannon at the ready, reducing its movement speed to a crawl unless it reloads. Ironically, this makes it a big target for Scorch, but also leaves it open to being mobbed by multiple titans. With a bit of forward planning, you can use that dash to get out of multiple titan sight lines or help create space between you and the Ion that really wants you to shoot it while Vortex Shield is up. As a direct-combat titan, Bulwark helps make Legion better at what it does best: spewing a flood of lead at enemy titans while Gun Shield absorbs double the damage it does normally. It also helps during Smart Core where you need to be in line of sight of your targets to maximize its use. An alternative to Bulwark is Lightweight Alloys. Lightweight Alloys allow Legion to move at (close to) normal walk speed while the Predator Cannon is spinning. Lightweight Alloys along with the extra dash can help the titan get to cover faster when Gun Shield depletes, or help with poking distant titans with long-range Power Shot from around cover without sustaining counter-poke.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tone with turbo and enhanced particle wall is my go-to for titans, but I get a little more nuanced with pilots.

Stim with R201 and mag launcher. Meat and potatoes.

Stim (until I get phase shift) with sidewinder and Mozambique. I used to use the L-Star but the sidewinder shreds titans and speed reload compensates for the lack of infinite ammo.

A-Wall with Double Take and thunderbolt. Double take with quick aim and expanded mag makes it a pretty killer mid range weapon. A-Wall makes it a one-shot kill at all but the most extreme ranges. Thunderbolt's good at flushing dudes out of cover and busts up titans pretty good.

And of course they all have firestars

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmetics wise I stick with the defaults a lot? A lot of the camos obscure the details on the pilot/titan/gun and can screw with the color balance on most titans. I've found the checker camo works well on most guns, however. As for noseart, Buffalo wild wings gives a nice splash of color but some of the fancier ones don't work so great. Like I just got Octo-lock and if you didn't tell me that was an octopus i wouldn't know what it was. Also I'm a sucker for bomber-style pinup nose art so of course those are the last thing to unlock.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all. After a bit of messing about I've finally found my perfect set up.

Pilot.

Stim,

Firestar,

Hemlok with quick down sights and tac cool down,

Thunderbolt with extra ammo and fast reload,

Ordinance,

Quiet steps.

Titan, Ronin

Extra boost,

Double Arc Waves,

Some shield.

Boost, Spare Battery

(For me as a pure Ronin player this is a must!)

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Volt with Gunrunner/Tactikill and Stim, tho that loadout feels really cheesy at times. So as of right now I'm busy trying to get all the weapons to level 20, but using any weapon without Gunrunner feels like a chore. Usually sticking with the battery/kill intel, except for LTS where I use the "no jumpjet" thingy together with cloak. I also think the Mozambique is way better than the Mastiff, it has a higher rate of fire and less spread, but the spread on the Mastiff is way too overkill anyway, the slow fire rate makes Mastiff kills really really satisfying.

Still undecided with the grenades, Smoke/Arc/Frag are all cool, lately I've been enjoying the Frags. The Satchel Charges are also great, but kinda cumbersome to use, is there a shortcut to blow them without having to switch back to the remote by throwing another one? Haven't played much with any of the throwing stars yet.

Anti-Titan the MGL is straight up the most versatile choice for me, but I used it so much that I'm trying to level the other ones now. The Charge Rifle feels like it's lacking damage (and making you an obvious target), Thunderbolt is kinda fun to use but lacks damage even more, the Archer is probably my second favorite Anti-Titan weapon, pretty much one shots most doomed Titans.

And Dice Roll is pretty much the only Boost I'm using, most of the time it gives pretty decent/useful stuff, except for the odd Anti-Titan Turret early in a round where it's no use.

My Tone, with extra dash and improved particle wall, is already Gen 7.10 Also feels very cheesy, but I'm sticking with her till Gen 10. For CTF I usually switch to Assault chip and extra Sonar so she can cover/scout for me when trying to grab the enemy flag. Probably gonna go with Ronin/Scorch next, Legion plays kinda cumbersome with the range changing, and Northstar can be straight up OP in LTS by kiting enemies while feeling very useless in anything that involves killing AI enemies.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nethlem said:

Still undecided with the grenades, Smoke/Arc/Frag are all cool, lately I've been enjoying the Frags. The Satchel Charges are also great, but kinda cumbersome to use, is there a shortcut to blow them without having to switch back to the remote by throwing another one? Haven't played much with any of the throwing stars yet.

Much like old Call of Duty games--don't forget, Respawn developers were largely responsible for the first two Modern Warfare titles--you can press the reload button twice to quickly detonate an explosive charge. It still takes a second for the detonator animation to play, and you can't air-burst explosives, but it's still much faster and more efficient than throwing both charges.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Ah nice, thank you! I believe the first Titanfall had a similar mechanic but I couldn't remember the specific key to press. Guess a lot of those mechanics hidden in the loading screen tips/tooltips that randomly pop up, but it's hard to keep track of those with the fast loading on a SSD/in the middle of the action.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I've been trying to level up every weapon to G2 just to give everything enough time. I also have 2 versions of every loadout: anti-pilot and anti-titan. I think I enjoy the anti-titan laser the most because you don't really lose anything on range like you can with the mag launcher. In terms of main weapons I really like the Flatline and the Hemlock.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@nethlem said:

@spaceinsomniac: Ah nice, thank you! I believe the first Titanfall had a similar mechanic but I couldn't remember the specific key to press. Guess a lot of those mechanics hidden in the loading screen tips/tooltips that randomly pop up, but it's hard to keep track of those with the fast loading on a SSD/in the middle of the action.

Thank you as well. I'm a gen 2 pilot, and I never tried the satchel charges when I had the chance, so I bought them with credits to try them out. And sure enough, just like old COD games, you can quickly detonate your charges. Now they're one of my favorite types of ordnance. There are so many times when a pilot is waiting for you on the other side of some cover, or waiting for you on the top of a building, or waiting on the ground for you to peek over the side of a building, or waiting around a corner, etc. Without waiting for a grenade to cook--which very well might blow up too early or bounce the wrong way anyhow--a well-placed satchel charge can solve any of those problems.

I just started using the magnetic grenade launcher, which is probably the most powerful 1 on 1 anti-titan weapon, but I think I still prefer the thunderbolt.

Loading Video...

This video--based on the PC version of the meta--doesn't seem to think much of the thunderbolt, but I think it's underrated.

You can fire it in the general direction of a Titan and still get hit-markers, you can fire it without leaving cover and needing to aim directly at a Titan, and you can fire it into a group of Titans, lowering the health of several enemies at once. Doing that can also build your Titan meter pretty quickly. Because a pilot can be so careful while attacking with the Thunderbolt, it's also a great zoning weapon. Normally, it either makes players really aggressive, or it makes them run away immediately.

Even better is using it on a Titan who is currently fighting with your teammate's Titans. It can be very detracting to deal with massive AOE balls of lightning and a Titan at the same time. It might not be powerful, but there's not much defense against it, and it can be really annoying to see your health slowly draining due to a situation that you can't do much to stop.

@mems1224 said:

I usually rock devotion with either sonar, stim or phase with the mag launcher. As far as titans go I just use tone because the one of the two titans that's worth using and I don't like legion.

Ion can actually be really good. Using that shoulder laser, you can fight at range quite effectively. The alt-fire version of Ion's primary is excellent for killing pilots who are close to you, and the laser is great for killing pilots at a distance. The tripwire is also very useful for making sure you're not followed during an escape, or trapping enemies once they've back themselves into a corner.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So after struggling for a while with Ion (which I do like but is a bit underpowered compared to some of the later titans) and Northstar (which I like more in theory than in practice), I've just discovered the joys of Scorch.

Not having any boost is a bit of a pain, but that fireshield can absolutely wreck an enemy titan if you can get up on them. Love it.

Still working my way through most of the pilot gear. I liked the Hemlock a lot but I think I prefer the semi-auto one that comes after

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: The Thunderbolt just doesn't deal enough damage to actually kill anything (fast), while the other anti-Titan weapons do. It recharges your Titanfall quickly, but that's kinda it. If you want a safe anti-Titan weapon for all ranges, use the charge rifle. With the Thunderbolt you're just dealing chip damage to everything instead of killing something.

That video is kinda alright if you follow his reasoning, except for maybe Ion. Except for the laser hit and run tactics it's a worse version of Tone and Legion, which makes it a good one trick pony. So I would swap Ion and Legion in the rankings. Legion and especially Tone are still too good allround.

Also, don't use Ion's alt fire for pilots or anything really. It uses energy and the laser is just better burst damage and insta kills pilots.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@spaceinsomniac said:
    @nethlem said:

Thank you as well. I'm a gen 2 pilot, and I never tried the satchel charges when I had the chance, so I bought them with credits to try them out. And sure enough, just like old COD games, you can quickly detonate your charges. Now they're one of my favorite types of ordnance. There are so many times when a pilot is waiting for you on the other side of some cover, or waiting for you on the top of a building, or waiting on the ground for you to peek over the side of a building, or waiting around a corner, etc. Without waiting for a grenade to cook--which very well might blow up too early or bounce the wrong way anyhow--a well-placed satchel charge can solve any of those problems.

It's funny, because just a day after I wrote that, Respawn uploaded this gif to their twitter.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan:I've encountered some pretty dangerous Ion's in LTS, a well played Ion can wreck your day as Tone because he nullifies all your rocket damage while at the same time grinding you down with the charged laser shot. I'd love to do the same but my control scheme is kinda preventing it. The deflect shield needs to be on a key that's faster to hit than what I'm currently having (it's bound on W for me due to playing with ESDF setup), same applies to Ronin and Scorch to a certain degree, but I can't rebind it without messing up the controls for pilot/the other Titans :/

Ideally, I would love to have control options like in Overwatch: Separate ones for every Titan and the pilot, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

@spaceinsomniac: Hahaha that's a nice quad kill! The Satchel Charges are really fun they even do quite a bit damage to Titans, tho I don't think they can stick to Titans/enemies, that'd be awesome.

@sammo21: I'm also busy trying to get every weapon to G2, already done with the SMGs/Shotguns/LMGs, really not looking forward to leveling the snipers, never been much of a sniper guy. But it's so annoying that only pilot kills/assists do level the weapons, makes leveling certain weapons a real chore, like the grenade launchers.
    Trying to play with all the weapons makes one thing very obvious tho: Volt is probably the strongest all-around weapon there is, it's great for close encounters due to high RoF/hipfire accuracy and it's accurate enough to even snipe people across larger maps, like Homestead. I struggle to see much of a purpose for many of the other weapons as they are not that versatile. R-201 is also pretty decent most of the time, Devotion can be really devastating behind an A-Wall on the Crashlanding map, L-Star is a pretty good Gunrunner LMG but it has a small delay before it starts firing, CAR feels like a somewhat worse version of the Volt. The Eva-8 Shotgun is way more versatile than the Mastiff, due to Mastiff having such an annoyingly slow RoF.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: This video is amazing. I've summed up their thoughts for my reference:

TITANFALL 2 TIER LIST

S= Amazingly effective in all situations

A= Great, effective options

B= Average, balanced strengths and weakness

C= Flawed

F= Avoid if playing to win

WEAPONS

S- EVA-8, Volt, Smart Pistol (boost)

A- G2A5, Hemlok, CAR, Alternator, X-55 Devotion, Charge Rifle, Mag Launcher

B- R-201, Longbow, RE-45, P2016, Wingman, Flatline

F- R-97 SMG, Spitfire, L-Star, Kraber, D-2 Double Take, Thunderbolt, Mastiff, All Grenadiers

PILOT KIT 1

Note: No losers here, all equally effective in most situations.

A- Power Cell, Fast Regen, Ordnance Expert, Phase Embark

PILOT KIT 2

Note: Kinda all middling. Communication and map awareness replace Kill Report. Wall Hang and Hover stop momentum in a game all about moving fast.

B- Low Profile

C- Everything Else

GRENADES

A- Satchel

B- Firestar, Frag, Arc

C- Gravity Star

PILOT TACTICS

S- Pulse Blade, Stim, Phase Shift

A- Cloak, A-Wall

C- Grapple

F- Holopilot

TITANS

S- Tone, Ion

A- Legion

B- Scorch Northstar, Ronin

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At first I didn't believe Jeff but after several hours I have to agree that Tone is pretty much the best Titan. For whatever reason I used Northstar for a while when I started, to be different I guess, and man that guy needs a buff or something because he is pretty useless.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: This video is amazing. I've summed up their thoughts for my reference:

TITANFALL 2 TIER LIST

WEAPONS

S- EVA-8, Volt, Smart Pistol (boost)

A- G2A5, Hemlok, CAR, Alternator, X-55 Devotion, Charge Rifle, Mag Launcher

B- R-201, Longbow, RE-45, P2016, Wingman, Flatline

F- R-97 SMG, Spitfire, L-Star, Kraber, D-2 Double Take, Thunderbolt, Mastiff, All Grenadiers

I know he's a PC player and I'm on console, but I don't think I could trust a tier list with the R-201 that low. I once went on a 10 kill streak with that gun. The Shotgun doesn't seem that great, either.

@nethlem said:

Trying to play with all the weapons makes one thing very obvious tho: Volt is probably the strongest all-around weapon there is, it's great for close encounters due to high RoF/hipfire accuracy and it's accurate enough to even snipe people across larger maps, like Homestead. I struggle to see much of a purpose for many of the other weapons as they are not that versatile. R-201 is also pretty decent most of the time, Devotion can be really devastating behind an A-Wall on the Crashlanding map, L-Star is a pretty good Gunrunner LMG but it has a small delay before it starts firing, CAR feels like a somewhat worse version of the Volt.

The Volt is really good, but it doesn't excel in every situation. I'd say the CAR is better in close-quarters, and it's almost as accurate at range. R-97 is only good when close, and Alternator is strong at any range, but has to be treated like a semi-automatic weapon when attacking from a long distance. It's kind of the Flatline of SMGs.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xdeser2

Pilot -

Grappling Hook

Electric Smoke Grenade

G2 w/HCOG, Speedloader

MGL w/Speedloader and Extra Ammo

Kill Report

Fast Regen

Titan -

Legion w/ Bulwark and Dash core, both for survivability

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grappling Hook

Electric Smoke

Flatline with HCOG, the running while shooting thing, and fast aiming

MGL with fast reloads and extra ammo

Fast healing and stealthy rodeoing

Scorch with dash and extra shield

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to come back here later when I have Titanfall 2 running but let me just say this is the first competitive shooter in years that has had me this hooked. Absolutely loved the campaign and I find myself returning to multiplayer multiple times a day, which is practically unheard of for me.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I play about as agressive as possible in the Titanfall games, so I almost always roll with a SMG or Assault Rifle with stim and a throwing star. The animation for the throwing satchel charges has been slowed from Titanfall 1 to 2, which makes them unusable to me. Then I roll with the MGL with more ammo and faster reload.

My favorite titans right now are Ronin and Tone. I love the speed of Ronin. It allows me to have speed while still being able to take down other titans. Tone is the best all around titan as it is basically equipped for all situations. Electric smoke and nuclear ejection are a must!

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: CAR has way more spread, even in close quarters and especially at range. In Titanfall 1 I pretty much only used the the CAR, back then it was the best SMG for me, but in Titanfall 2 the Volt outperforms it in pretty much any metric. Between those two the only drawback with the Volt being that it's projectiles seem to travel a bit slower, but that can be compensated trough leading the target a bit, just like with the L-Star.

I like the R-97 for it's sound, it has this UZI like "BRAZZZ" sound, but the spread on it makes it a real chore to use in anything other than close range. Alternator can be nice, but the low rate of fire means that in closer quarters you pretty much have to land these headshots instantly or else you will get wrecked by most other guns, I agree that it's the Flatline of the SMGs but imho the R-201 outperforms the Flatline most of the time due to the higher RoF. But I really like the Flatline for its from the hip accuracy, pretty much the only AR that's usable in a somewhat similar way as an SMG. Tho I'm not a big fan of the horizontal recoil, somehow I seem to perform worse when I try to ADS with Flatline vs just firing from the hip.

All the weapons a seem to have a certain "niche", maybe my impression of certain guns being flat-out better, just stems from the fact that they match my playstyle the best?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti

Pilot - stealth - the extra split second of reaction time is frequently all that's needed for you come out ahead in a knife fight, plus safety from Titans, I don't need the grappling hook, and I don't need stim for speed if you know what you're doing your getting to your next kill/death fast anyway,and you can't shoot from phase

Grenade - smoke all the time, damage and chaos on Titans, check, visibility barrier for either advancing or retreating, check, noiseless fast group kills of AI grunts check, turret disabling, check; it's not the best tool for any 1 task, but it just does more tasks overall

Primary - Volt - because it's the best overall gun in the game atm plain and simple? excels at knife fights (with only the shotgun as a contender), and still great at range; with extra mag so you don't run out when spraying more then 1 person, and run and gun obviously

Secondary - Thunderbolt, yes it's not the best damage on Titans, but it's the safest, it's the most annoying, long range, and can hit multiple Titans, really I fire this baby into enemy Titan clumps and the rate at which you get your Titan meter built up is nuts, because of this bad boy I stay in my Titan for the majority of matches (fast reload and extra mag, because you want tospam fire this thing a lot, fast)

Fast regen - because I don't run Stim, nuff said

Low profile - combos excellently with the Stealth pilot type, a must imo if you want to rodeo enemy Titans, if you want to eject safely without using up the Titan perk slot, jet boosts are just a huge giveaway in every situation, the less visible you are the less likely you are to die

Titan - LEGION - because Legion is S tier and fuck you. On a serious note, like the video says, Legion only becomes super dangerous in expert hands, well I consider myself to have expert hands when it comes to Legion :P Ok now really on a serious note. Legion is great at all ranges, has a massive HP pool, one on one it will destroy any other titan, it can out snipe Northstar vs pilots or titans, it will shred any Ronin that does not have the brains not to engage you 1 on 1, Ion can be a threat if you brain fart and unload into their shield (which I still occasionally do when tired), Scorch - keep it at medium range and there is nothing it can do to you, at all; Tone - if they want to play a dancing game with their shield and building cover rush into their face with a wide shot mode past their shield and chew them down, 90% of Tone pilots panic at that point. Cherry on top is the smart core, with some decent positioning you'll swat several pilots out of the sky as a bonus. Really the only danger to Legion is dealing with multiple opponents at once from more then one direction. dash/hardened shield for options as optimal choices, you really really need the dash on Legion to play him properly on any serious level, and hardened shield will allow you to play with multiple enemy Titans in front of you. (currently G5 with it with a sick BOMB logo on the front, represent!)

Boost - either radar or battery, boosts I go back and forth between as I like to help the rest of my team with the radar pulse, but battery is nice to pop either for yourself or for your teammates to get your own titan much faster.

So yea my playstyle is I wall run like a crazy person towards the enemy, pop stealth when in potential engagement range, the jump around like a maniac unloading my Volt all over their face, throw smoke into grunt clumps, enemy titans, or to escape bad places, get into my Legion and decide depending on map and situation to stay back or go hard in, then once it gets destroyed (if it even does i had Legions survive an entire match) I spam Thunderbolt at enemy Titans + smoke, and generally jump on top of them, getting my Legion back really quickly. I like it, it's very fast, very aggressive, very annoying and when in a Legion oppressive to the enemy, and generally keeps me on top of the scoreboard too.

(I only play attrition should be mentioned)

PS: as long as people keep crying about Tone being OP, I am a happy camper, personally I never have problems with Tones and my homboy Legion stays off the nerfbat radar.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: People might be saying that the Tone is OP but I'm not seeing a ton of Tone players online. I'm seeing more Legion, Northstar (the sniper one, did I name it correctly?), and Ronin.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't unlocked a huge amount yet but I started out with Stim, then switched back to Grapple for a couple of reasons. First - I wasn't using Stim organically as I played - I would always save it for an escape but then not use when I did need to escape. So I guess I just wasn't seeing when it was best to use it. Second, I love swinging round corners with the grapple, it just feels cool.

I know it's not optimal but I also like grappling into my titan, and grappling onto the back of enemy titans.

Otherwise I use Ion because I like the laser canon and the shield. But I might switch it up soon. I didn't like Tone much, even though it was my favourite in the campaign, perhaps just the weapon didn't feel right for how I played when in a Titan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they buff cloak or something? I feel like over the past week or so I've gradually been seeing more and more people using cloak to the point that it feels like half the players are using it.

I know I've seen people on other forums complain that cloak is OP, but personally I almost always have zero issues immediately spotting someone that's cloaked.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gundogan

@soapy86: cloak is safe, especially for (newer) players who tend to sit still more often. With good movement you can evade Titan fire (and cloak is a bit harder to see as a pilot too compared to TF1), but not everyone masters this and to be honest, the map design isn't always as super movement friendly compared to TF1. And cloak affects aim assist too I think?

@sammo21: On the pc in the Europe region, at least 50% is using Tone. It's super boring.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan: The only one I don't actually like to play is Ion.

ShoeBradmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Car SMG

Stim

everything else doesn't matter much

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gundogan

@sammo21: I like playing all the Titans, but currently it makes little sense not playing Tone and players know that. That Titan is way too complete and has fantastic damage output too. Respawn will have a hard time balancing that one without making it too weak.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan said:

@sammo21: I like playing all the Titans, but currently it makes little sense not playing Tone and players know that. That Titan is way too complete and has fantastic damage output too. Respawn will have a hard time balancing that one without making it too weak.

Yah Tone is the full package for both defense, offense AND his sonar pulse makes him a great support titan for your pals fighting on the ground or when you want to make sure the coast is clear around the Deposit box at the end of the wave. I see a ton of Tone players online. Overall I think Scorch is probably one of the weakest titans next to Northstar, who at least has the long range snipe gun even if it is relatively underpowered and not hitscan.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: @gundogan:People can keep playing with their Tones, I'll keep wrecking them in my Legion :D

G7 feels gooood man.

With the content patch coming Legion will be even more ridiculous with 2 charges of it's charged shot. Too bad it's other perks are so competitive already, I'll have a hard time letting go of my hardened shield.

@gundogan: @soapy86: I use stealth purely aggressively. Yes technically other pilots can still see you. But when you are coming around a corner or are flanking at the edge of vision, the obscurity it provides is just enough to give you an edge in reaction fire situations. Plus it goes real well with low profile, and lets face it the other perks that are competing with low profile are not even on the same level. Finally cloak also allows you to be even more aggressive as a pilot vs. enemy titans, jacking their cells and getting your titan faster, etc, only phase shift can compete with it in this regard. People are starting to use it more because there are only a few kits that are on a similar competitive level right now, phase shift and stim, that have their own limitations too.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pilgore

Cloak, arc grenade, mastif. Always works. And I'm not the camping sit still kind of cloaker, cloak+mastif+arc is a super aggressive in your face build. Mainly because my aim sucks and I can't keep up with the youngsters (and im only 24) so I can shoot them in the face up-close. Stim is overrated, if you wall run enough you can get around quick enough.

The moment I see a pilot I Arc him, before he has any idea whats going on, 1 shot from the mastif and he's dead. I'm also making lots of kills with the Tick's.

For my titan I'm rolling with Northstar for some long range Titan sniping. For some reason I can never last long when I'm in close range with another titan. People just bombard me and I'm just fucked in no time. Northstar is also a really good support titan.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: I'll gladly keep wrecking Legions in my Tone!

Actually because of your recommendation (and because I regenerated my Tone already) I started playing Legion to see what the hubbub was about. Legion is also a really good Titan and can shred through the weaker ones like Northstar or Ronin in seconds. I just don't find the Auto Core as useful as the Salvo Core which is a great last second surprise for Ronins trying to desperately close the distance only to get treated to a salvo of rockets.

Both are really fun but once I'm done leveling Legion I'll probably go back to Tone, or I'll try Ion who seems to be equally versatile.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It's definitely a very different type of core ability in terms of how you are supposed to apply it and how to get the most value out of it. While most Titan cores are there to give you an extra free Titan kill, Legions core is a somewhat more flexible tool but less damaging in a single point (per time).

For example, I use it to chain from my main gun, into the core as the ammo is running out, and the core refills it, then when the core ends you are refilled again, if done right this allows Legion for a very very long continued fire.

And of course it is best in an open space where you can get a good line of sight on the usual spots where people like to move through. So that you can get free pilot kills. (or kills on ejecting pilots). It's very satisfying hearing the sound of 2-4 pilot kills as you're swinging that thing around just as collateral damage (or as deliberate area suppression), ding, ding ,ding.

Then your main mode of fire (the wide spread one) can easily just chew through another Legion or Tone shield and just keep going. To give you an example, if a Northstar flies up into the air and uses it's core on me - I will kill it for free nine times out of ten without using my own core, he will barely get past my hardened shield, all the while I'll just unload into a nice juicy stationary fragile target above me. I like to fight Tones by being very aggressive with them, a lot of people just don't expect you to bull rush them, which I do, past their barrier, and a Tone vs. Legion 1 on 1 in shooting full bore in their face tone just looses out via math. Ronins only ever kill me if I am fighting another Titan and they flank, in a direct fight all a Legion has to do is back up, keep firing the wide spread and occasionally using the charged shot ability, even a blocking Ronin just gets eroded down eventually and if they don't block they will die in seconds with their low HP. I use the long range mode mostly to snipe pilots or poke distant Titans when rushing in is not tactically wise.

In a poking long range dance a good Tone is very dangerous to a Legion indeed, so I just generally try to avoid those kinds of engagements altogether and go away behind cover and seek another patch on the battlefield or a way to approach them more safely from another direction.

Anyway that's some of my surface level "pro strats" if you ever decide to give Legion another spin sometime. I've been spinnin that cannon for a while now, regened it 6 times already. :P

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: I've been playing him a bit I've got him up to level 7 or 8. Legion does have pretty much the best execution animation.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tennmuerti

@humanity said:

@tennmuerti: I've been playing him a bit I've got him up to level 7 or 8. Legion does have pretty much the best execution animation.

I'm really bad at remembering I can execute titans when I'm Legion, always spinnin them guns :(

But when I do remember it is indeed glorious!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only Level 7 and have been sticking with the default rifle. After being granted access to a SMG all the stats seem weaker including rate of fire which seems odd (why choose it?). Any more experienced players still rocking the default starting weapon?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dgtlty: I was for a long time. I've been using the Volt SMG a while now. It's fast to sites and is good for hip fire. I also use the 3 burst assault rifle (hemmlock?) They have their pros and cons. I haven't used the default assault in a while but it was my only gun for the first 3 weeks of play.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tennmuerti

@dgtlty said:

I'm only Level 7 and have been sticking with the default rifle. After being granted access to a SMG all the stats seem weaker including rate of fire which seems odd (why choose it?). Any more experienced players still rocking the default starting weapon?

Ingame gun stats and graphs don't mean shit. Most developers are really bad at surfacing actual real stats of weapons in their games, either deliberately or due to not caring and Titanfall 2 is no exception. So basically all the stats you are seeing are dead wrong (it's been tested) :P

Right now most SMGs are in fact a superior way to go compared to most assault rifles. Relatively speaking. And Volt for example is the king of that particular hill.

Tho just rolling with default starting weapon is by no means a wrong choice, it does well enough for itself and is a perfectly viable way to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extra Battery boost where have you been my whole life? Been using this for the past few days and o man, I'm getting so many more titan kills and kills in general since using. I would say this perk is almost a must if you are a heavy titan user. In bounty hunt I have consistently been the top of my team since using this. As long as you kill enough AI in the first round to get your titan, you can get some hefty cash while taking out multiple titans, and this will keep the ball rolling to where you will be in your titan twice as much.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extra Battery boost where have you been my whole life? Been using this for the past few days and o man, I'm getting so many more titan kills and kills in general since using. I would say this perk is almost a must if you are a heavy titan user. In bounty hunt I have consistently been the top of my team since using this. As long as you kill enough AI in the first round to get your titan, you can get some hefty cash while taking out multiple titans, and this will keep the ball rolling to where you will be in your titan twice as much.

Regarding the thunderbolt:

You can fire it in the general direction of a Titan and still get hit-markers, you can fire it without leaving cover and needing to aim directly at a Titan, andyou can fire it into a group of Titans, lowering the health of several enemies at once. Doing that can also build your Titan meter pretty quickly. Because a pilot can be so careful while attacking with the Thunderbolt, it's also a great zoning weapon. Normally, it either makes players really aggressive, or it makes them run away immediately.

Even better is using it on a Titan who is currently fighting with your teammate's Titans. It can be very detracting to deal with massive AOE balls of lightning and a Titan at the same time. It might not be powerful, but there's not much defense against it, and it can be really annoying to see your health slowly draining due to a situation that you can't do much to stop.

I posted this earlier in the thread. Try it out, if you want yet another great way to stay in your Titan for most of the match. Watch how quickly this Pilot earns half their Titan meter just from shooting at a couple of enemy Titans.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Yes, I should have mentioned I've been using the Thunderbolt (since reading your thoughts on it in this thread). Being able to fire from a distance, and build meter without getting direct hits, is great. the thunderbolt and the battery boost have both been essential to my success in bounty hunt.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DinosaurCanada

The Hemlock, Legion, MGL and Stim have all been serving me well, all about the damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.