Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Castle Crashers will cost $22.50 and Braid will cost $15?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://kotaku.com/5030926/castle-crashers-and-braid-pricey-for-xbla-titles

"Those of you adding Microsoft points to your account for the upcoming releases of Braid and Castle Crashers this month might want to add a few more than the 800 a shot we're used to. According to the official Japanese Xbox 360 blog, August 6th's Braid will be setting gamers back 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), with Castle Crashes weighing in at 1800 Points ($22.50?) - the most expensive Live Arcade game yet. Note that these are Japanese prices, while also noting that they generally coincide with European and North American prices.

Some will meet these prices with outrage, while I say why not? I've played both of these titles (Braid extensively) and they are completely worth the extra real currency substitute. I've paid $60 for disc-based titles that had a quarter of the entertainment value of these two games. More power to them."

What say you, Giant Bomb users, about this potentially costly development?  Does this change your plans on picking up either of these titles?

Brasky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Brasky

Total bullshit. I will raze some hell and totally not buy this and set up a petition site demanding Microsoft to drop the price.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.  All this really means for me is now I'm going to seriously have to wait for a bunch of reviews for CC and Braid to make sure they're worth the price, and offer a lot more content and gameplay than most of the 800 MSP titles.

Brasky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brasky

The problem is its like one of the halloween episodes from simpsons where the advertisement billboards were coming alive and killing everybody. To stop it the townspeople had to look away and the advertisement monsters for lack of a better term died. Same principle applies here except the hardcore mass will say this is ridiculously high casual people will buy it becuase the way those two games look. If everybody stopped buying DLC at high prices or in some cases crap items, companies would stop putting it there or adjust their prices.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

But wouldn't you agree that better games with more content deserve higher price tags?

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Subway

That's way too expensive, I can get Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for that much. I'll still buy both, but still too expensive.

Churchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Churchy

I don't really have a problem with this.  I paid 20 for Alien Hominid on PS2 (before it came to XBLA),  I mean if a game is good, and has enough content 20 really isnt that much.

davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By davecuk
    UPDATE:Microsoft contacted Kotaku to clarify some details. Apparently the price of Braid is listed incorrectly, with the correct price being announced Monday, while North American Castle Crashers pricing will be announced August 25th. Note they didn't say the Castle Crashers price was incorrect.
    SoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SoSerious

I think there's just a mindset about paying a certain amount for something downloadable. People are willing to pay more for disc games partially because its more tangible, and partially I think because they can sell it, or trade it in if they aren't satisfied. With the download, you're stuck with it. I've probably spent $100 now on Rock Band Tracks because they are only $2 a pop, but I never would have consider buying a $100 track pack.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

I hope that is not true; I have points left but I won't spend more than $15 for any Live Arcade game.  That is just too much.

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By toast_burner

its not true now stop bitching about it

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    toast_burner said:
    "its not true now stop bitching about it"
    Have a link?  It's not true about Braid, but it might be true about Castle Crashers.  Has anyone said otherwise yet?
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By and333
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "toast_burner said:
    "its not true now stop bitching about it"
    Have a link?  It's not true about Braid, but it might be true about Castle Crashers.  Has anyone said otherwise yet?
    "
    They said the price is yet to be announced for Castle Crashers. And really why do people think XBLA games have to be cheap little things if Castle Crashers is that much then its because theres alot to the game and your just playing for more.
    Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Arestice
    Brasky said:
    "The problem is its like one of the halloween episodes from simpsons where the advertisement billboards were coming alive and killing everybody. To stop it the townspeople had to look away and the advertisement monsters for lack of a better term died. Same principle applies here except the hardcore mass will say this is ridiculously high casual people will buy it becuase the way those two games look. If everybody stopped buying DLC at high prices or in some cases crap items, companies would stop putting it there or adjust their prices.
    "
    Unfortunatly everyone will still buy it and Microsoft will continue to rip us off w/ Arcade.

SpaceInsomniac said:
    "But wouldn't you agree that better games with more content deserve higher price tags?
    "

If Behemoth wanted to sell a game for a ridiculous price then they should just put it out on shelves like Hominid.

I wont pay more than 800ms points for a game on marketplace.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I dont have a problem as long as the games are good, and like kotaku said both games are worth the extra money since they are such great games.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#16  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

There's an edit on the bottom saying the information was wrong.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Yit

Meh. I'll still probably buy them, as long as the content is there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.