Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

A base jumping game for the PC with an eye-catching name.

What could possibly go wrong?

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By abdo

I noticed Steam started downloading something automatically, and apparently it's an update for AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!, weighing it at around 200 MB, almost the same as the game itself. So I clicked on the "View Details" button and this is what it said:

Updates to AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Added new bugs to the game
     I laughed for a good while after reading that, being used to how other games usually listed news of removing bugs. I knew the developers, Dejobaan, were always up to something crazy, so I pondered what this 'update' could possibly be. Built-in advertising for their upcoming game perhaps? Then I realised it's April 1st, so it has to be something good. And since it was Dejobaan, it'd be something real good.

As long as it's not real bugs.
    abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By abdo

I noticed Steam started downloading something automatically, and apparently it's an update for AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!, weighing it at around 200 MB, almost the same as the game itself. So I clicked on the "View Details" button and this is what it said:

Updates to AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Added new bugs to the game
     I laughed for a good while after reading that, being used to how other games usually listed news of removing bugs. I knew the developers, Dejobaan, were always up to something crazy, so I pondered what this 'update' could possibly be. Built-in advertising for their upcoming game perhaps? Then I realised it's April 1st, so it has to be something good. And since it was Dejobaan, it'd be something real good.

As long as it's not real bugs.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I hope it is real bugs. :P

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There are lots of those on Steam. They're all large-ish updates too, and if they're not actually updating anything that's really annoying that they're eating my bandwidth for no reason.

Either way, my favourite description is the Super Meat Boy one: 

Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Bugs
    • Difficulty decreased on harder levels
    • Better Ammo
    • Happy #PotatoFoolsDay    
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Some sort of potato update...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @LordAndrew said:
    " Some sort of potato update... "
    It's the Super Spud Boy expansion pack.
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FlyingRat
    @LordAndrew:  See, now i was already confused when i saw your avatar, but then i clicked on your name and now i really don't know what's going on anymore.

Edit: Oh shit, it's totally april 1st! Goddammit :)
    abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By abdo

They changed the intro. I'll try and post a video if I can.

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Trebz

It looks like a lot of indie developers have been obsessed with potatoes today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.