Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 22, 2012

A spin-off of the 2010 supernatural-horror game Alan Wake, with a heavier focus on combat and a less melancholic tone. Set in a rural desert town, the Champion of Light must do what he can to foil the plans of his evil doppelgänger.

The ending? Would someone like to share their thoughts. *Spoilers

Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
    nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just finished the game and my mind can't stop racing through different possibilities. Was the ending with Alice just a dream sequence that he wrote/imagined. Or is it an eventuality he wishes to come true one day. If so, did Alice experience that moment as well in the real world. It would seem in the Alan Wake universe consciousness stays with people no matter what happens. What do you guys think? Also I really hope this isn't the last we see of Mr. Scratch.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

I don't know.

I was disappointed that there was no climatic final battle tho. I'll just take this as a fun little side story and wait patiently for Alan Wake 2.

lionheart25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By lionheart25

@nomorehalfmeasures: Personally I think it did happen in the real world. From what I got the goal was to get out of the endless loop Mr. Scratch had trapped him in so that he could get back to the real world. The first thing he would do would be to reunite with Alice. Since we didn't get a final "battle" with Mr. Scratch I see him returning as well if they do a proper sequel.

Although another possibility could be that the scene we see playing out is from Alice's movie...but I like to think it is the real world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.