Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

3D platformers in 2011...sigh

• 61 results
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DonPixel

I dunno seems like some peeps are having trouble to play other than Modern Shooters.

Platformers aren't the only genre struggling look at Mass Effect or Dragon Age series.. they don't have stellar sales either.

In my case I'm enjoying a lot this tittle: Visuales + Art direction are really good!

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52  Edited By StingingVelvet

I love 3D platformers... sad that people actually think they shouldn't be made anymore. This is an excellent one.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By saethir

Personally, I wish there were a lot more 3d platformers, and less FPS games. But then again, I might be insane, what with living in 2011 and all.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PillClinton

Ratchet & Clank, dog.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By BigBoss1911

I would never be able to get enough of platformers if they were all as good as this series was.
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CaptainCody
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:
    First of all, I am really impressed with Ryan's review of this game, I think  it's maybe one of the best written reviews on the site this year.   Now, I'm a  fan of the original Alice, but I wasn't looking forward for Madness Returns for a simple reason: I don't think 3D platformers work anymore. Jumping around from one island to the next is not intuitive at all in this type of games, and the camera is universally problematic. Back in 2001, this genre was very popular, so Alice was one of the stand-out games due to its unique subject matter. Nowadays, I just don't see a purpose for game mechanics like this. Fortunately, after 2 hours of playing Alice 2 I am enjoying the game somewhat, but I think it's mostly due to the fantastic look and the great soundtrack. I really like the "adventure" parts, and I think some of the voice acting is great. But the level design and combat are lacking, in my opinion. They just seem archaic and clumsy.   Also, I find it funny that some people complain to EA that they didn't get their pre-order dresses with the game. Just the idea of male gamers upset that they can't change Alice's DRESS is..  Edit: Nevermind actually I saw a video with those DLC dresses and they're badass. I might actually buy them right now. 

Aren't you the guy who made a, "What would happen if said GB staff member died" Thread? Won't even bother reading your post.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Skytylz

I'm going to trade in LA Noire on Alice sometime soon because it is 3d platformer, a new Banjo game or something like DK64 would probably be the most exciting thing anyone could announce for me right now.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By spankingaddict
    @ajamafalous said:

I wish there were more 3D platformers.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By supermonkey122
    @ajamafalous said:

I wish there were more 3D platformers.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By supermonkey122
    @Ygg said:
    We need more Gex the Gecko.  Like now.
    No. We need more Croc
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I always liked platformers. I do feel like this game definitely has an old school feel to it, but that's what makes it so much fun for me. Plus it looks and runs great (after some .ini tweaks to unlock the 30fps cap BOOO) on my relatively old PC.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#62  Edited By Cirdain
    @yoshimitz707 said:

Yeah man, 3D platformers just don't work. Remember how awful Mario Galaxy 2 was?

Yeah and remember those shitty parts in uncharted 2 and Batman... why are they making sequels to those again? 

And then there's that crappy looking Beyond Good and Evil 2 concept video that they say will be made when next-gen consoles are released. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.