Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

Any chance of an Alien Swarm quick look?

gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gexecuter

This game sounds pretty good so i was wondering if there was any chance of the guys doing a quick look of the game.

PotentChr0nic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PotentChr0nic

Yea, at least a quick look if not a video review.

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By francesthemule

Seems likely, hopefully a Dave Snider quicklook

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By chilibean_3

I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By Forcen

I support a quicklook, and this is way more fun then alien breed. More focus on mutliplayer, classes and coop.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Insectecutor

The game is free, why do you need a quicklook?

gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By gexecuter
    @Insectecutor said:
    " The game is free, why do you need a quicklook? "
    Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @gexecuter said:
    " @Insectecutor said:
    Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free. "
    Lol you still haven't answered as to why there needs to be a quick look on a FREE GAME! And in other news, I haven't heard of Alien Breed: Impact until now but it looks exactly like Alien Swarm, just a SP version of it.
    Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Insectecutor
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @gexecuter said:
    " @Insectecutor said:
    Because quick looks are awesome and you can't ever have too much of them, also this isn't just another free game, it's a free game from Valve that could have been sold instead of being made free. "
    Lol you still haven't answered as to why there needs to be a quick look on a FREE GAME! And in other news, I haven't heard of Alien Breed: Impact until now but it looks exactly like Alien Swarm, just a SP version of it. "
    He may have a point though. They do quicklooks of demos and they're free.

Alien Swarm seems like a mix of Syndicate and Alien Breed to me. Pretty cool.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Forcen
    @Insectecutor:
    @ISuperGamerI:
    You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.
    Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.
    Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price. 

Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing.
    russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By russcat
    @chilibean_3 said:
    " I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough? "
    It definitely sucks to be Team17 right now. Spend time and money developing a game for steam only for Valve to put out an arguably better looking version of basically the same game for free.
    jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jim_dandy
    @Russcat said:
    " @chilibean_3 said:
    " I thought there was one.  But then I searched for it and realized it was for Alien Breed: Impact.  Close enough? "
    It definitely sucks to be Team17 right now. Spend time and money developing a game for steam only for Valve to put out an arguably better looking version of basically the same game for free. "
    It also sucks to be the guy that bought Alien Breed only for Valve to release an arguable better version for free. :P
    Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Seraphim2150

I also want to hear the stream of Aliens quotes from the team as they play it

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Insectecutor said:
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Forcen
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @Insectecutor said:
    "
    @Forcen said:
    " @Insectecutor:
    @ISuperGamerI: You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price.   Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing. "
    How does the fact that the game is free exclude it from having a quicklook?
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Forcen said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @Insectecutor said:
    "
    @Forcen said:
    " @Insectecutor:
    @ISuperGamerI: You just answered your own question, its because its free that it needs a quick look.Quick looks are great to bring attention to games people maybe haven't heard of. Giantbomb hasn't written any news on this game yet, so i bet there is a lot of people on this site that have missed all the forum threads about this game. Some people never visit the forums.Also, some people may dismiss games just because they are free. A quick look could show that Alien Breed is worth way more then its price.   Awesome free games have the biggest need to have a quick look, because the people that get interested can just start playing. "
    How does the fact that the game is free exclude it from having a quicklook? "
    A Quick Look is to inform the viewers of the game being Quick Looked.

Alien Swarm is free, so you can go play it yourself and see what it's like.
    Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@Seraphim2150 said:
    "I also want to hear the stream of Aliens quotes from the team as they play it "

I'm definitely guilty of this. I mean, one of the missions objectives is basically:  

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    Etan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Etan

On twitter Dave said that Vinny wants to do one, so hopefully the will. They need a quick look for a PC game anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.