Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alone in the Dark

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

A reboot of the Alone in the Dark series, once again following Edward Carnby in his fight against the vile creatures of the darkness.

Anyone else love this game?

Bkorns4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bkorns4

I'm probably going to write a full blown review for Alone in the Dark in the near future, but in the mean time i would like to discuss how much i loved this game. Of course as most survival horror games have their flaws, Alone in the Dark is far from perfect. But despite camera angles, awkward movement, and bad car chases, i thoroughly enjoyed this game. I know the reviews for this game were far from impressive, so i'm wondering who else picked up this game and what they thought of it.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By pbhawks45

Oh yeah, I enjoyed it as well. Although I agreed completely with Yahtzee's review on the game, I still really enjoyed the game a lot.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Termite

I should pick it up, It looks kind of interesting

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By LouChou

I had it from my Netflix, but then my XBOX crapped its pants and died, so I had to send it back. I was interested in the mechanics, and how it relied on so much user input; but at the same time found the idea daunting. It seemed like a good thing used too much.

SpaceMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpaceMonk

I picked this game up the day it came out and I really tried to like it, but there were too many flaws for me to even finish it.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mourne

Well, my full thoughts are in the review I posted here, but basically: I loved the ingenuity, but not so much the execution. There's a lot to like, but there's also too much to loathe by the game's end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Mourne said:
    "Well, my full thoughts are in the review I posted here, but basically: I loved the ingenuity, but not so much the execution. There's a lot to like, but there's also too much to loathe by the game's end."
    I just finished the first episode, and I already feel that way. I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the full game. I know you can skip stuff; but dammit, I want my achievements!
    DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DarkLegend

The game is creepy and intense but it just wasn't for me.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mourne
    MagusMaleficus said:
    I just finished the first episode, and I already feel that way. I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the full game. I know you can skip stuff; but dammit, I want my achievements!"
    I would say it's worth a complete playthrough if you can bear it, as you'll see a lot of innovative features (although not all implemented well) you'd probably enjoy more in similar games.
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By epic_pets

Cant get into it:(

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By EnderX80

Yeah, I really like this game! I had some trouble with the controls in the very beginning, but after a little time everything fell into place. This game has some great innovations that really need to be implemented into other games. Once I finish I'll write a review.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TheGamerGeek

This game is a real surprise to me, I love this game, like you said, beside the awkward moments and horrid driving this game performs very well.

Octopus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Octopus_Prime

It got all those reviews for a good reason

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#14  Edited By psykhophear

I love this game but it's a real shame that the developers really screwed with the controls. It's like Eden Games and Atari went "hey, this game is too good for the public. Let's mess up with one element of the game so that we won't get Game of The Year award...yay." Switching between 1st person and 3rd person is ok but swinging things and driving are absolutely horrendous. I tried playing it on my PC but the game keeps freezing because my computer's spec is not good enough. I think I'll buy the XBOX360 version.

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By GobiasIndustries

This game is fucking bad. It was, however, absolutely hilarious to play.

The main bad part about it is that it was absolutely broken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.