Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

American McGee's Alice

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 06, 2000

American McGee's Alice is a pseudo-sequel to Lewis Carroll's classic. Alice, scarred by a horrific childhood trauma, must return to a dark, nightmarish version of Wonderland. Alice must restore its former harmony by defeating the Queen of Hearts in order to vanquish her own inner demons.

Anyone else wish this would get a console remake?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I know we're not meant to be "pro-remakes" given there are so many about these days but I would long for this game to be remade in glorious HD. I simply can't get on with playing PC games and it's holding me back from enjoying this adventure (I'm a big Alice In Wonderland fan too).

It doesn't even need to necessarily be remade -- why not bring it to Live Arcade and PSN. I'd certainly buy it. Would you?

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
    LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

Yes because I need to play it!

mac512k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mac512k

I would love to play this game on a console. Maybe a bit of a graphical upgrade but not much. I love the style it has already. 

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brad

It'll run smoothly on any PC from the last several years, and in really high resolution. I'd just track down a PC copy if I were you.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    Brad said:
    "It'll run smoothly on any PC from the last several years, and in really high resolution. I'd just track down a PC copy if I were you.
    "
    But playing games on the PC just isn't the same as playing them on a console, Brad. That's the main reason and only reason I'd ask for it to come to consoles.  
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Megalon

I just recently replayed it on PC, it actually looks pretty good even today. American McGee was supposed to be making a Wizard of Oz...whatever happened to that? Maybe that will find its way to the consoles one day.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By neoepoch

Does American McGee do console games?

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Echo

I'd definitely buy it if it was re-released with some form of upgrade.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I loved this game when I was just a wee lad. I would enjoy playing it again.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
    get2sammyb said:
    "Brad said:
    "It'll run smoothly on any PC from the last several years, and in really high resolution. I'd just track down a PC copy if I were you.
    "
    But playing games on the PC just isn't the same as playing them on a console, Brad. That's the main reason and only reason I'd ask for it to come to consoles.  
    "
    1.  That's right.  You just can't touch the amazingness of PC with a console.
    2.  Brad, you are right...but it would be nice to see with UE3.
    3.  The game itself wasn't that great of a "shooter" and the platforming elements were very iffy.  Nonetheless, the world it took place in was amazing, and I'm sure that if American McGee could become a good game-maker rather than just a good idea-maker, Alice would've had more attention...and a remake could get far more attention.
    4.  Given that I still chat with American from when I was running BonusStage, figured I'd throw this in:  fat chance we'll ever actually see the Alice movie come to theatres.  Continuing conflicts seem to be disheartening American a bit too much.  Also a nice little secret about Grimm that I'd love to spill.  = D  It makes me giddy, needless to say.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By jakob187
    neoepoch said:
    "Does American McGee do console games?
    "
    Yes.  I couldn't find the console boxes for them anywhere, but both of these showed up on consoles...and both were relatively forgettable to most people.  I personally enjoyed them...but not for long...and not nearly as much as Alice or Grimm.
    American McGee presents Scrapland
    American McGee presents Scrapland
    American McGee presents Bad Day L.A.
    American McGee presents Bad Day L.A.

Beechbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Beechbone

XBLA release would be awesome, not necessarily as a remake, only a port. Back in the day I played through this game countless times and it was an awesome experience every single one of them. It's one of my top favourites of all time.

aztecomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By aztecomar

sounds like you got your wish, dude! Sequel Ahoy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.