Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

APB Reloaded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Better known as the free-to-play "APB: Reloaded", APB is a MMO third-person shooter by the developers of Crackdown. Players choose between the hard-boiled law enforcers or the feared criminals as they try to stop the opposing faction's objectives.

APB video review

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Duke_Lion

My friends and I started making Youtube videos regarding video games, we usually post a video every Friday about gaming news but we are starting to do reviews and previews, this is our first review, so check it out and tell us what you think.  And if you like it make sure to watch our other videos as well. = 

)

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jams

Damn I didn't know there are hacks for APB already. I'm on the boat of wanting to disgustingly say, "damn hackers" but don't because I feel like it's an easy way out too.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Whoa! An actual good review!

DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeviantJoker

Not too shabby, thanks for the high lights of the games. I'm starting to get a good idea on whether I should pick this up or not by the text and video reviews I'm seeing about. I'm leaning to "no" for the moment, though as the match-making and lag improves - I may make a purchase.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mitch0712

The matchmaking will become more useful once everyone finds their niche or appropriate skill level.  Threat levels fluctuate and show your actual skill, except when it comes to hackers.  But still; the game has just released so the threat levels the matchmaking uses are still not a true representation of people because almost everyone is still increasing their threat level up to where they should be.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Duke_Lion

Yeah I feel that the matchmaking will even out once higher lvl players get better guns and are at more of an advantage compared to lower lvls.  And when it comes to hackers I havent seen one in a very very very very very long time.  They are almost non existent.  But this game is seriously addicting.  I stay up until 9 in the morning then go to sleep wake up go to work and then play some more.  I cant stop!

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Duke_Lion

I'm glad you guys liked the review, and thanks for following me! I will make sure to post all of our videos on my blog starting now. =)

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adziboy

Nice review. I prefer this to many I read online - places like IGN, Gamespot etc (not Giantbomb though :)) It's better because your views are of a gamer, not of a reviewer. You also explained stuff pretty clearly, not sure if it's your recorded video (?) but if it is, it's a good quality and good selection of clips. 

One thing I suggest you do is the 'likes and dislikes' section. Reviewers go one way or another  - a bad game and everything they say is bad. A good game and everything is good. You went straight up and said that you enjoy the game but definitely mentioned the things a reviewer/fanboy would miss. 

If theres one thing I can complain about? You said lag when you meant slow frames per second. Or you meant lag and I misunderstood you cos I was typing this while watching. 

Anyways, gonna subscribe and keep watching. You only doing PC games?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Definitely seems like one of the better video reviews I've seen by amateurs.  One smallish complaint is how long it takes for you to go through all the mechanics of the game.  IMO in a video review format or podcast those facts should be brought up only to support your opinion of the game.  Like 'because servers only allow so many people... blah blah blah'.  It's just that describing those facts can get boring, especially to people who already know the basic mechanics.  Since you're not exactly mainstream it's not like a lot of people that don't understand games will be watching.  I know that can be hard to get down, even us guys at BonusEXP are still working on that.

As far as APB itself, I don't think those guys have any excuse charging monthly fees for the game, for the kind of not-really-a-MMO it is.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Duke_Lion
    @Adziboy: Thanks for the feedback! It really helps.  Let me explain the lag part though.  I am actually Joe the guy who came in during the likes/dislikes part.  And I will be honest, my computer blows and is basically library status, so my problem is of course  low framrate.  But Jervan's is much much better and so its much more likley that his little hicups are server side.  There is a lot of shit going on and it has to have an effect on the server somewhat.
    Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Duke_Lion
    @Diamond: Yeah it is definitely something we will have to work on. But I was actually talking to Jervan while doing this review about whether we should consider this game an MMO because it really doesnt feel or look like one.  The zones are instanced and it plays much much different than all other MMOs.  But his argument was that the little things that make it an MMORPG outweigh those that dont.  You level up and unlock new weapons that you can customize with upgrades like higher rate of fire or longer range.  You even unlock upgrades for your char and vehicles like decresed dmg and better raming. Now that I am writing this it sounds a lot like MAG lol.  But there is of course the massivley multiplayer aspect of the game.

Should it have a monthly fee ehhhh prob not.  They could have gotten away with a free to play with micro transactions.  But I would gladly drop 10 bucks a month to play this game.
    Huxley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Huxley

Good review.  You said you played with people you knew - do you think that is a big reason why you enjoyed it so much? Would it be as fun if you play with random strangers or even "lone-wolf" style?   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.