Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

APB Reloaded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Better known as the free-to-play "APB: Reloaded", APB is a MMO third-person shooter by the developers of Crackdown. Players choose between the hard-boiled law enforcers or the feared criminals as they try to stop the opposing faction's objectives.

Quick question to those who use the Auction House

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MysteriousFawx

Currently not playing the game at retail, but am interested in purchasing for very casual play and customisation thanks to unlimited social district time.

Was wondering if someone could clue me in on a few things. I've read its around 280 RTW points for 20 hours gametime. Also I know you can earn RTW points from auctions (obviously the stuff you sell has to be top rate as people are paying either real money or hard earned points for this stuff)

What sort of investment would it take to get 20 hours gametime out of the RTW auction house? Would I need to pay with RTW points to even begin manufacturing stuff to sell on there or does that side just use in game currency.

This game would appeal to me a lot more if I was secure in the knowledge that the time I used to spend in the editors would allow me to essentially play for free. Any help/feedback on this by people who pay for their gametime this way or have tried would be greatly appreciated.

To give you an idea of some of the 'fast' stuff I worked on during earlyish beta, heres a screenshot of a tag I made in about an hour. <3 stencil art

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I've only seen ridiculous asking prices for RTW Points auctions. It is very hard to sell anything just for in-game dollars because you can only post things for a day before the stuff is returned for you to try again. If you repost every day, you have a better exposure, but the auction kiosk is always flooded with crap (and multiple copies of it) that you have to sift through. It takes a long time to load previews and they're a small, low quality preview. The filters aren't great either, and there's no rating system. The best thing you can do is stumble across a username that has good content, then just filter it to show their work. 

Here are some details, to the best of my knowledge:

• It is free to post auctions
    • A fee is charged for successful auctions (I think it's just a percentage, but I've never sold anything)
    • RTW Points are only used to redeem for action time or auction with (in-game cash is used for everything else)
    • Expired auctions return the items via in-game mail 
    • Worn items must be "refurbished" before auctioned (a VERY small in-game cash fee) 
    • Items may be duplicated for in-game cash fees (varies depending on rarity of item) 
    • Designs are duplicated for free
    • Designs can only be edited by the original creator (their name is attached to it forever) 
    • Unfortunately, you have a limited number of spaces to store items and designs on your person, so you may have to juggle with your mail. 

I haven't been able to play much since launch, so you'll have to confirm that info with someone else. Your design work is really good, so if there is a chance to sell stuff, I think you can do it. Just don't expect to be able to pay your way in action time with auctions at this point.
    MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MysteriousFawx
    @Origina1Penguin: 

Thanks for the detailed and awesome response /brofist

As long as I can make enough cash with the first 50 hours the game comes with then, that'll set me up for manufacturing and duplication of sellable stuff to make a few points with then? Sweet. Dont intend to charge a lot for things, maybe 25 points or so per design which would be made to a high standard, would rather see people happy with quality purchases and remember my name than feel cheated.

EU streets here I come <>
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @MysteriousFawx: Another thing you reminded me of: I don't know if EU servers have a better marketplace or not; I'm on NA servers. I still think it's best you get some input from someone else before you buy the game. If you have a bunch of spare money though, it is satisfying and fun to see your finished designs, so it may be worth the plunge for you.
    Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Innovacious

If you advertise your stuff in social district track, you are more likely to sell stuff. You can only filter stuff by category when searching but you can search for a specific persons auctions. 

Ive made 96 RTW points so far, all ive sold is 3 weapons. Its getting harder now that the original 100 rtw points every had are running out. I dont think the majority are going to buy more other than for their own gametime. Sales tax means the amount of RTW points in circulation will always go down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.