Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

AC: Brotherhood glitches & Issues and possible fixes.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    In addition to the known bugs the Assassin's Creed games have I thought I would list some of the new ones. If you have a fix that worked for you then please share and I will update it as necessary. 

• Problem: Audio Glitches where the voice over is de-synching or is completely missing. 
    • Solution: The update that came out on day one should fix those issues.

• Full screen map direction arrow is stuck in the same position. 
    • No fix fo that at the moment thought some people say that restarting the game will fix it but it's unconfirmed at this moment.

• Leaving the Animus will result in Desmond unable to reenter it. 
    • No solution at this moment.

• White gradient is showing all over the screen but is predominantly showing on the top part of the screen.  There are people (including myself) that think that it's got something to do with the costumes you get from the Uplay store. (The one I have)
    • No known solutions at this moment. 

White Gradient Bug.
     White Gradient Bug.

•  Random freezes. It seems to effect older models.
    • Ubisoft want's you to buy a new system. \s

• HUD disappearing during MP matches. 
    • No known solutions.

• Tunnel Glitch. This game braking happens when you go and use one of the Quick Travel tunnels and you come out from the other side to an endless loop of de-synching. It seems this bug is due to the fact that the game will let you travel to a closed area fs the game. 
    • 360: Deleting the auto save file in the 360's dashboard seemed to be working for people. You can achieve that by going to My Xbox>System Settings>Memory>Open up the storage unit the file is saved to>Games>Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood>Delete the Auto save file named 1A DO NOT delete the 1B file . When you load the game it will ask you if you to use the backup file, 1B,  and you should be fine. 

PS3: Reloading the prevision sequence seems to work for a large number of users. 

That's it for now. If you have anything to add then please let me know. 

Ubisoft has acknowledged that they are aware of the tunnel glitch and are working on a fix. No word yet on the other issues. 
       For people with the Tunnel problem..

" We are aware of an issue that a few players are having with inappropriate desynchronization (game loads into immediate desynch).
      We are working on this issue and will update you as soon as new information becomes available."

Just so your aware!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b

oh damn what?  

holy crap

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @Red12b said:
    " oh damn what?   holy crap "
    Yeah man. The theme this year has been shitty QA on the part of gaming companies. At least GT5 won't be bug riddled. I mean the QA guys has had the better part of this decade to work on it.  

...Now where's kaosAngel...
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b
    @Mordukai:  
    it will be, apparently the PS3's Graphics card ram can't keep up with the game... 

shit be poppin' yo! 
    eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By eccentrix

Getting disconnected from a game loses your XP for the match. I've gotten to level 5 three times now.

Cr0ssbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Cr0ssbow

@Mordukai Thanks for this friend. Just hit the tunnel glitch last night. Will give this a shot!

EDIT: Bah! It loaded me to the same spot!  Probably messed around reloading and leaving the Animus and such too many times.

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kylekrueger

i can't rank up on the online every time i get off the multi player im reset to rank 1

smekke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By smekke

I was kind of disappointed by the ps3's frame rate. The multi player seemed fine though.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

Just got the tunnel glitch, except I can get a certain distance from the tunnel before desyncing. Will try the proposed 360 fix later.

edit: Well looks like deleting the version A save file didn't help. I'm betting since I'm not dying immediately and I'm able to use the tunnel as many times as I want that the backup save was replaced with a corrupted save while I was trying other tunnel exits to see if they also desynced. Those dying as soon as they load are in fact the lucky ones since they can likely make use of the fix provided.

My advice is as soon as you notice sudden desync after using a tunnel, quit and delete your save immediately. Otherwise the backup slot could be overwitten with a corrupted save.

I'm pretty pissed off. I've spent too much time doing and buying things to start over from scratch. Ubi had better issue a fix quickly. Otherwise I don't see myself buying any more games from them any time soon.

edit2: The white gradient at the top of the screen is a type of vignetting, except it lightens instead of darkens. Its existence itself isn't a bug or glitch. The screenshot looks to be more of an eagle vision glitch that includes HUD elements, which the vignetting is simply a part of.

edit3: Wow I seem to have fixed it. It started desyncing me after I aborted a memory and headed to the bank and the tailor (bought cape dye and two handed weapon satchel) via tunnel. I think it was desyncing me every time I got within a certain distance to a weapon shop. So I tunneled out to the countryside/farmland where my aborted mission was (the first encounter with Followers of Romulus) and completed it. That seems to have solved it as I can now travel a long distance without being desynced and I can visit weapon shops. Perhaps this will help those with my particular conundrum.
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @Mordukai:  Dude I have a huge glitch you should add. I'll give some background since I can't think of a short name for it. This is on the Xbox 360.

I paused my game in the middle of a mission, recently after entering a new area. My friend invited me to play Black Ops. I pressed his name, pressed "Join Party and Game'. When it said "Do you want to quit" i said "no", went back, selected only "Join Party". I joined his party, said I don't want to play Black Ops, exited out. Suddenly, I was in the multiplayer mode. No warning, no loading, I just exited the dashboard and I was in multiplayer. Apparently in the background it quit me out and put me in there. So i exited to the main screen, where it requires to hit start before choosing between single and multiplayer. But I don't get a choice any more. I press Start and it just puts me directly into multiplayer, I can't even CHOOSE single player any more. I tried everything, there is no fix. I start the game, press Start, it glitches and freezes for 5 seconds and then puts me directly into multiplayer, no single player option at all.

Fuck this game and fuck Ubisoft, I got the tunnel glitch before this and I'm completely done with this shitty product. I'm just pissed now, but I could totally see myself never buying another Ubisoft product again even if it won't make any difference at all. Fucking crazy.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox
    @MaddProdigy:  What if you're signed out of Live? Or if the ethernet cable is unplugged? Does that still put you directly into multiplayer?
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Captain_Insano

Got the game today, played a bit of SP was having a good time. Thought I would check out MP for a few matches. Really got into it, then, 4th match. HUD disappeared. Makes it REALLY difficult to play competitively. Though just following the compass and watching for non-AI like movement sort of worked. Doesn't help when you don't know who your target actually is though.

austicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By austicious

Some other annoying (though certainly not game-breaking) glitches that I've noticed on the XBOX 360 version include: 

• Horses disappearing after entering certain item shops (though not all...)
    • Parachutes disappearing after certain events
    • Entering into fights, not in fight mode (I don't know how else to explain this, but I'm sure it's happened to you--upon entering a "fight", the normal music plays, and Ezio faces the baddies, but the usual button-mapping doesn't occur until you hit the lock-on button.  It seems like the fight sequence should always produce the same button mapping...)

I suppose the most frustrating thing about these "bugs" is that they seem to be random, and therefore impossible to diagnose.
    JakeB_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JakeB_5
    I keep running around on single player and then will just randomly die, is there something wrong with my game?
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jack268
    @austicious said:

• Entering into fights, not in fight mode (I don't know how else to explain this, but I'm sure it's happened to you--upon entering a "fight", the normal music plays, and Ezio faces the baddies, but the usual button-mapping doesn't occur until you hit the lock-on button.  It seems like the fight sequence should always produce the same button mapping...)
    "
    I don't think this is a bug tbh, because it has happened to me in every AC game so far.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By ESREVER

I didn't see any of these! The only one I encountered was the constant visual bugs where Ezio's clothing, or some other characters's texture would warp oddly. Like it got stuck on some collision and looks like spikes are coming off the character. Also, the occasional Z-Fighting on the steps of stairs. I only saw z-Fighting at the beginning though, didn't see it anymore after that.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I just discovered a horrible glitch today. 

To keep it simple, I jumped to my death after playing fine for a few hours. When I respawned I noticed a lot of my items were missing. I was no longer wearing the Brutus armor, in fact, I had no armor at all. 
    I instinctively went into my inventory to re-equip everything but I had no options for armor. The game also seems to have reset all the items I've collected, most notably the flags (which I just finished getting all the ones in the city) 

This is some BS

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By beomoose

I've got some kind of multiplayer glitch. Last two time I've signed on my personas are all back to basic gear/colors and my profile sets are all jacked up.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai
    @Beomoose: After several letters to Ubisoft and numerous posts on their boards I pretty much gave up and traded the game in. What finally did it for me was their extremely lacking costumer care. Frankly I am done with them. 
    beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By beomoose

Well I won't be buying any of the DLC if this stays a problem for sure.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By CastroCasper

I just played through the game any only saw tiny little bugs but  none as bad as those.

mccoslinm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am at sequence 2, memory 5. I took a tunnel to Rome's Campagna District and it seems it is outside the active game play. I am now in this desynchronize loop. I have tried to use the DNA to move back but other than starting over, I do not know what to do. Help??

Sixten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sixten

I don't have the original game, but there was a curious glitch that i got while playing the game. It's not game-breaking or anything, but i couldn't find a way to get out of that problem (other than just closing the game).

I was chasing a thief in the roofs, and then, there was a lower roof, where he decided to go down, but then, to go up again, i tried to jump and catch him, but Ezio got stuck flying right above the thief's head. And then, it started flying away. It's not a big deal, but it was hilarious to see that!

I left Ezio flying to see if anything was going to happen, but guess what : There's no de-sync wall above a certain height. So i actually went outside the map, but i couldn't stop flying. Then, i just closed the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.