Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Can I jump in to the franchise with AC: Brotherhood

Terrellism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Terrellism

I need some advice, and turned to Giant Bomb forums.... I want to get into Assassins Creed, after buying and playing the first AC for a few days, I put it down and never got to it and eventually sold it. Now, I hear the game-play has improved and the game is "amazing" so my question to you is.......  Does AC: Brotherhood kind of catch you up on the storyline of AC:1 and AC:2? or would I be lost at the very beginning of Brotherhood? I really want to get Brotherhood because of its added mutiplayer aspect. I just want a good story that presents itself to a new player....any thought?

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Nope. You'll be boned. You can speedrun AC1 in about 6 hours, if you want, or watch videos and read the wiki, but you have to play AC2 to get any of what's going on in Brotherhood. Also, Assassin's Creed 2 was a goddamn great game, and you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not play it. And if you just want a great story to jump into, start with 2 (but do some preliminary research on AC1). AC2 is a great game, and you'll save some money and be able to enjoy Brotherhood a little down the line.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InsidiousTuna
    @TROJAN_IMPALA: Probably should have tagged that with an @ reply so you get pinged. Here you go.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FateOfNever

I'd probably just start with 2, and then get into Brotherhood.  You can pick up AC2 pretty cheap now after all, and it is a pretty good experience still.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Turambar

You will absolutely need to play AC2 to understand what happens in AC:B

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Slaker117
    @TROJAN_IMPALA:  Play 2 for sure. It wouldn't hurt to read up on 1 so you know what's going on, but you definitely need to play 2 before Brotherhood.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod

You need to play 2 but you can skip the first game. 2 is great so there isn't really anything to stop you from playing it.

Avatar image for favoritobandito
    FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By FavoritoBandito

You can easily skip 1, but if you don't play 2 you will be completely clueless throughout Brotherhood.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I never really paid attention to the story in AC games, so I had no trouble playing AC2.

You should just look up a plot summary on wiki.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By kingzetta

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM
    @TROJAN_IMPALA:
    You really should just get the original Assassin's Creed because you can beat it in about five repetitive, though somewhat tolerable hours (luckily even less repetitive without doing the side missions), then get the second and beat it, in about 20 hours? THEN! Well... I personally haven't played Brotherhood but I think it's safe to say, you should get that then. You'll even feel better just because you've actually had the experience of going through the entire (main part of the) series so far.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

Play AC2, it's a great game.  AC1 you can just look up for story reasons, but I liked the first game so I would recommend playing it.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mazik765
    @TROJAN_IMPALA:  You can certainly skip AC1 but I would imagine you'd be pretty confused about the story if you don't play AC2.
    Terrellism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Terrellism

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm going to get AC: II, although multiplayer in Brotherhood is a good selling point....o well

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deeveeus
    @InsidiousTuna said:

" Nope. You'll be boned. You can speedrun AC1 in about 6 hours, if you want, or watch videos and read the wiki, but you have to play AC2 to get any of what's going on in Brotherhood. Also, Assassin's Creed 2 was a goddamn great game, and you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not play it. And if you just want a great story to jump into, start with 2 (but do some preliminary research on AC1). AC2 is a great game, and you'll save some money and be able to enjoy Brotherhood a little down the line. "

What he said....AC2 was sooooo great....I gotta get me a copy of Brotherhood soon... 

I platinumed that game, and I NEVER do that with games anymore, the 100% mark usually doesn't mean shit to me, but goddamn was that game fun, even played both DLCs 

And I didnt play AC 1, I was able to mostly pick up what what was on the go in 2
    SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SavageHobbit
    @TROJAN_IMPALA:  Get both?  Not saying it's financially the best solution, but you really do need to play AC2 to know what's going on storywise. That way you can take breaks from AC2 with rounds of Brotherhood multiplayer, then once you finish 2, you can jump right into the single-player.
    heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By heavyplay

If I remember right, there's a recap of AC1 at the start of AC2. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.